Nintendo 3ds is awesome

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:22 AM

http://japan.gamespo...20415519,00.htm

That has me sold. I'm definitely getting a 3ds when it comes out. Looks amazing.

Discuss

#2 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:37 AM

Are you sure that's not just cinema? If that's the gameplay video then yes it's awesome.

#3 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:40 AM

Well, it says real-time demo movie so I'm not sure. It's still way more powerful than the original DS

(On a side note, Chrome really is amazing, gives me an option to instantly translate whatever foreign page I'm on.)

#4 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:47 AM

That's good news, there hasn't been much improvement for DS's other than a bigger screen.
Chrome is very awesome, it also has a built in html and javascript debugger :)

#5 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:57 AM

yeah its cool :) i love it as well! you don't even have to wear glasses ^^
i hope it's going to be released soon but those f*** japanese ppl keep every good thing for themselves for waaay long time before they release it in europe or america
prices there are also way lower than here >.< i remember when i was there, the ps3 was omg so cheap :S unfortunately you cant use those in europe&america due to region

#6 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 06:59 AM

It's supposed to be released March 2011

#7 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:18 AM

Well, it says real-time demo movie so I'm not sure. It's still way more powerful than the original DS

(On a side note, Chrome really is amazing, gives me an option to instantly translate whatever foreign page I'm on.)

It should be.
I mean if the PSP can do all that nintendo can do it too.
My brother is excited for pokemon to be in 3d.
Im excited for a (hopefully) fighting game in 3d.
And maybe smash would be ported...good fun will be had by all.

#8 Redemptionist

Redemptionist
  • 382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:39 AM

wow it looks so awesome i have to buy it! Not even having to wear glasses and seeing things in 3d would be nice

#9 Kelvee

Kelvee
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 09:44 AM

The 3DS does look good. I'm definitely going to buy one because of the cool visual effects.
Is it worth buying the first model of 3DS or wait until the possibility of a slimmer/better version later on?

#10 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:03 AM

The 3DS does look good. I'm definitely going to buy one because of the cool visual effects.
Is it worth buying the first model of 3DS or wait until the possibility of a slimmer/better version later on?

I prefer waiting it out unless you really must have one on launch.
Usually they release a newer/better model..and if that's not the case, the price will usually subside down after awhile which is also a bonus.

#11 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:11 PM

I prefer waiting it out unless you really must have one on launch.
Usually they release a newer/better model..and if that's not the case, the price will usually subside down after awhile which is also a bonus.

Err . . . don't the "newer" "better" models of Nintendo products only come out like 2 years after the initial launch? Anyways I'm so excited for Nintendo 3DS I hope they release a new version of the Jump Ultimate Superstars series of games or Bleach DS (best fighting games currently on DS).

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 July 2010 - 07:46 PM

Pokemon in actual 3D?!?!!! Not the retarded kind?!?

Nice.

#13 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

Pokemon in actual 3D?!?!!! Not the retarded kind?!?

Nice.

But then again, knowing gamefreak, they will probably cut corners.
They just have to.

#14 Faval

Faval
  • 637 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

They just have to.

They do it because they can get away with it :p

#15 Kelvee

Kelvee
  • 52 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 03:51 PM

They just have to.

Yeah... they probably have. I've seen screenshots of Black and white. I'm not sure if that game utilized the full 3DS capabilities. Maybe the 3rd version of isshu region (or however you spell it) may have slight upgrads.

#16 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 04:22 PM

They just have to.

Even if Gamefreak did cut corners the gameplay value is always top notch. :p

#17 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:28 PM

I'm kind of over portable game systems, in an odd way. I've got my laptop, and my iPod touch. I suspect sometime in the next few years I will have something that is similar to an iPad. I just don't like carrying around 5+ gadgets.

#18 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:35 PM

Dont you need to wear your 3D glasses to see it in 3d?

#19 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 11:48 PM

Dont you need to wear your 3D glasses to see it in 3d?

no it works w/o glasses, thats the good part
you have a slider to the right which increases/decreases the depth
i'm also going to wait for the second release
i mean, the first DS was literally a monster portable :S the lite version was sooo much better
and then they bring out the XL & the dsi only a year after... :( i still felt i had bought mine too soon!
luckily there aren't any 'cool enough' dsi games, so i'm still cool with the lite ^^

Edited by sayumi, 28 July 2010 - 11:48 PM.

#20 Eliam

Eliam
  • 621 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 12:20 AM

no it works w/o glasses, thats the good part
you have a slider to the right which increases/decreases the depth
i'm also going to wait for the second release
i mean, the first DS was literally a monster portable :S the lite version was sooo much better
and then they bring out the XL & the dsi only a year after... :( i still felt i had bought mine too soon!
luckily there aren't any 'cool enough' dsi games, so i'm still cool with the lite ^^

I really don't find the original DS that much bigger than the Lite; the DSi XL, though, is monstrous. The bigger screen is nice, but at a certain point you don't want to lug something around.

#21 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:52 AM

I really don't find the original DS that much bigger than the Lite; the DSi XL, though, is monstrous. The bigger screen is nice, but at a certain point you don't want to lug something around.

you think? :o
i've got a nice white mini light ds-thingie, and i saw the original which is like SO fat and gray and not stylish at all

#22 WakaWaka

WakaWaka
  • 458 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:07 AM

They do it because they can get away with it :p

Pretty much.
And kids will practically buy anything that has pokemon in it.
I can probably put my shit in ebay and attach "this is a real pikachu poop buy now" as a tag and someone will probably buy it.

#23 AliceFi

AliceFi
  • 474 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 03:18 AM

Pretty much.
And kids will practically buy anything that has pokemon in it.
I can probably put my shit in ebay and attach "this is a real pikachu poop buy now" as a tag and someone will probably buy it.

hehe why don't you? :p it'd be a cool experiment

#24 emerkeng

emerkeng
  • 561 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 02:04 AM

<br />Pretty much.<br />And kids will practically buy anything that has pokemon in it.<br />I can probably put my shit in ebay and attach &quot;this is a real pikachu poop buy now&quot; as a tag and someone will probably buy it.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Even so the Pokemon series of games have some good gameplay value except they're pretty limited on graphics considering the hardware used for the majority of Pokemon games are underpowered handheld systems.

#25 dfoaiu

dfoaiu
  • 72 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:07 PM

I'm curious how much the 3DS is going to cost. I plan to get one for the new Layton game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users