Contributing to NeoCodex

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

Hello,

I am interested in contributing some of my time to the creation of an automater or two for NeoCodex. I tried searching the general forums for places, but the most I was able to come up with was http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1348180. I was wondering if you guys have some sort of template or something along those lines for the framework that you are using.

As mentioned in another post, I am actually a PHP/JavaScript developer, but I'm hoping that I can pick up Python pretty quickly. I've worked with other languages in the past such as perl, Java, C, C++, and AutoIt. Anyway, hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks

#2 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 November 2010 - 10:36 PM

Hello,

I am interested in contributing some of my time to the creation of an automater or two for NeoCodex. I tried searching the general forums for places, but the most I was able to come up with was http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1348180. I was wondering if you guys have some sort of template or something along those lines for the framework that you are using.

As mentioned in another post, I am actually a PHP/JavaScript developer, but I'm hoping that I can pick up Python pretty quickly. I've worked with other languages in the past such as perl, Java, C, C++, and AutoIt. Anyway, hope to hear from you guys.

Thanks

They have their own "framework" they use a lot of PIL and wxpython; i too am hoping to get onto the team ^^ Ive asked SL about developing my own neopets friendly scripts and posting them on here for users and he said that in the past they aloud it but not anymore (unless he would like to correct me here).

Anyways, talk to you later :)
~Cody

#3 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:10 AM

Thanks pyro for that post. :)
What he said is true. If you know the basics of python and can develop, meaning you have the environment set up. You would PM SL/iargue and they will get back to you.

#4 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 01:52 AM

Thanks pyro for that post. :)
What he said is true. If you know the basics of python and can develop, meaning you have the environment set up. You would PM SL/iargue and they will get back to you.

>> I did that my first day here and still havn't gotten on; although ive had hints at people suggesting / SL sending around a message (or something along those lines) xD My current 'state' is to wait until Christmas time for SL to be done with school and project development really gets underway xD Ive tried VERY hard not to be annoying tho xD I hope im not anyways -.-

~Cody

#5 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:47 AM

>> I did that my first day here and still havn't gotten on; although ive had hints at people suggesting / SL sending around a message (or something along those lines) xD My current 'state' is to wait until Christmas time for SL to be done with school and project development really gets underway xD Ive tried VERY hard not to be annoying tho xD I hope im not anyways -.-

~Cody

Nah. The winter will be full of development sonyes we'll probably take you on then :).

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:01 AM

Nah. The winter will be full of development sonyes we'll probably take you on then :).

I won't be able to do much this winter, I've got 3 assignments due in just before Christmas and then 4 by the middle of January... <_<

#7 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:43 AM

I won't be able to do much this winter, I've got 3 assignments due in just before Christmas and then 4 by the middle of January... <_<

Ah. In that case, I'll be taking your sister as collateral.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

Ah. In that case, I'll be taking your sister as collateral.

Your Sharia-esque law has no jurisdiction over me. :p

#9 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 02:52 PM

hmmm.... so, in the meantime, what should i be doing?
-installing Python in my dev?
-proving my worth?
-creating an autoplayer using iframes via jQuery bookmarklet?

some of the things i'm looking forward to tackling are:
-SDB parser to search the piles for priceless items that could be sold for a high price
-Bilge Dice APer (why not)
-Crossword Solver

what do you guys think?

Edited by Ch4osDr4gon, 02 November 2010 - 02:52 PM.

#10 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

It seems like there is more demand to help make products for Neocodex than we have room for on our team. I'll think about this problem, but if you guys have any suggestions, that would be great. I guess one option is to open source our programs so that everyone can clone them and contribute. We've thought about this model before but have had our work stolen by other sites (Raui's score sender, for example). If there was some way to avoid this, it would be an option.

#11 phr0sty

phr0sty
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:07 PM

i think that it would help to create a template program and open-source that. from that, other users can create all sorts of other programs and contribute to the collective

#12 nicksmart21

nicksmart21
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:45 PM

ch4osDr4gon

Go for it :) new programers are always welcome i think :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users