Quantcast

So I brained myself of the job

Posted by Mathilda, 17 April 2014 · 796 views

I'm a waitress, and tonight I was trying to do some clean up in the backstore, when our cook accidentally made a bunch of plates fell.

I jumped really hard, and because i'm an unlucky idiots, open up my head on the shelf over me.

So right now I'm sitting in my home with an icepack and a more or less bloody rag, wondering how the hell I am supose to get to the hospital if I start to puke or sometiming because of head trauma. Seriously, your not supose to drive in that case right? And everything is so damn fuzzy....

You were injured at work, your care should be covered by workmans comp.  You need to call a friend to take you to an urgent treatment center ASAP

i'm in Canada, everything is covered... Do you think it can whait till morning? emergency at the local hospital are always a bitch at night...

Do you realized you've made at least three grammatical and spelling errors in your post so far, and I am a terrible speller.  This is a bad sign.    At least have someone come and stay with you and wake you up every couple of hours.

This is your body you need to take care of and you're in Canada (us Americans are jelly D= ). Call a cab or ask someone for a lift. Honestly no one will refuse you a lift unless they're extremely busy or is an asshole.

So Mathilda, are you ok?

Why didn't your manager take you to hospital after you were hurt?

HI ARE YOU STILL ALIVE???

Hey so everyone, don't worry I'm alive.

I went to the hospital after I started puking, my mom was not far away so I called her. They keep me overnight and now I'm fine. Minor to medium head trauma, i'm off work for a while... My managers was super guilty about not calling and ambulance or someting, but I will survive :). so I guess I'm going to be on the computer even more until the end of april... 

Thank you for last night!

(PS: My first language is french, bad spelling is a thing with me, concussion or not XD)

Tres bon!

So did you report it to your supervisors and they simply sent you home, or did you just go home because it was the end of your shift anyway?

They have an obligation to correctly treat wounds received at work which in your case would have involved a supervisor either calling an ambulance, taking you to the hospital themselves or arranging another staff member on duty to take you to the hospital in their place.  So if you had reported it, no wonder they felt guilty!

Your manager didn't called the ambulance?
In my country you would be millionaire now. Glad to hear you are ok.

April 2024

S M T W T F S
28 29 30    

Latest Visitors