Hey Guys, and Thanks for Everything!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:05 PM

So I graduate in May and most of you probably have no idea who I am. I was here a long time ago and I was a programmer. About all you need to know. Anyways, I am graduating in May with a degree in software engineering with a sub specialty in Java. The reason I decided to get my degree was because of my time here. I would never have picked up programming if it not for this site, and for that I am extremely grateful. I love to program and cannot wait to graduate and actually get paid to do something I love. I'll be doing government contracting, assuming nothing changes, as soon as I graduate (and assuming my clearance goes through by May).

With all that being said, how is everyone doing? I posted a new picture of myself in the member party section like I usually do. No idea if this means I am back for good or for awhile, but I do like to at least check in every once in a while.

So... hello!

#2 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

Welcome back Corey. :D

I think that Neocodex has helped shaped a lot of our lives. For me and my engineering work, programming is an excellent support skill.

By the way, I might be in Baltimore in May. We'll see what happens with my publication, but I might be going to a conference in MD. :p I hope I get to go. :p

#3 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:17 PM

Welcome back Corey. :D

I think that Neocodex has helped shaped a lot of our lives. For me and my engineering work, programming is an excellent support skill.

By the way, I might be in Baltimore in May. We'll see what happens with my publication, but I might be going to a conference in MD. :p I hope I get to go. :p

Thanks man,

That would be a lot of fun, Baltimore is a blast! You should stop by for my graduation party (I kid, but seriously) lol.

#4 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:09 PM

Corey!!!! Hello. Very long time, no see. :) I still loiter around a bit.
(New account, still same old Ali though.)

#5 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:15 PM

Corey!!!! Hello. Very long time, no see. :) I still loiter around a bit.
(New account, still same old Ali though.)

Ello! Great to see oldies still around.

#6 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

Welcome back dude :D
Glad to see you again. You definitely should stick around :p

As for Codex shaping our lives, I definitely agree.
I learned a ton about technology and computers from Codex. I also learned graphic design which helps my current internet marketing ventures.
It also helped me choose my MIS major.

#7 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:32 PM

Glad to see you back around. Always hits that little nostalgia switch on in the back to "see" people I haven't "seen" for ages. Glad you're [almost] finally finished. I'm almost there =/

I learned a ton about technology and computers from Codex. I also learned graphic design which helps my current internet marketing ventures.

Indeed. Graphic Design was a huge hobby for me and in all honesty, I think it's the contributing factor to me wanting to completely change my major. 3 1/2 years with Aerospace and because of how much I loved 3D Modeling I'm definitely thinking of switching over to some form of architectural engineering.

#8 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:37 PM

Glad to see you back around. Always hits that little nostalgia switch on in the back to "see" people I haven't "seen" for ages. Glad you're [almost] finally finished. I'm almost there =/

Indeed. Graphic Design was a huge hobby for me and in all honesty, I think it's the contributing factor to me wanting to completely change my major. 3 1/2 years with Aerospace and because of how much I loved 3D Modeling I'm definitely thinking of switching over to some form of architectural engineering.

Wouldn't you only have a half year left with aerospace? How many credits would you need to make up?

#9 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:05 PM

Wouldn't you only have a half year left with aerospace? How many credits would you need to make up?

Oh I'm definitely getting my B.S.E. in Aerospace, but I'm definitely not following through with that field for further schooling. I'm not interested in continuing my schooling at my current university, so it's up to the people at the other school to decide what classes I'm going to have to take in order to satisfy the prerequisites for the Arc Engineering program.

#10 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:11 PM

Oh I'm definitely getting my B.S.E. in Aerospace, but I'm definitely not following through with that field for further schooling. I'm not interested in continuing my schooling at my current university, so it's up to the people at the other school to decide what classes I'm going to have to take in order to satisfy the prerequisites for the Arc Engineering program.

I gotcha. Well, best of luck to you then :p

#11 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

You're right on the money with codex giving us an upper hand. All the qualifications for my current job came from programming at codex; nothing to do with my 3 semesters of university :p

#12 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:33 PM

I hope to stick around. Looks like me and noit have a great idea with mobile device control of applications.

Speaking of, a nostalgia button would be EPIC.

Hey Corey!

I saw you posting in random threads yesterday, but didn't know which one to address you properly for you to see it! I'm really glad to hear that life is going so well for you! This thread is full of oldies and it's really nice. :)

As to codex shaping my life... maybe I learned how to respect other peoples opinions/deal with idiots? xD I'm not too sure... I know I learned a lot flash editing and more... black hat areas of the internet based upon my interests here. I'm certainly thankful for those days of old... so much so, I still hang around here. :p

It would be super cool if a whole lot of the oldies started frequenting again.

Anyways, good seeing you around! Hope you'll stop by more often. :)

Cody, it is hilarious to see you talking about respecting peoples opinions, because if it is one thing I remember you just didn't give a shit about peoples opinions lol. Great to see you man!

You're right on the money with codex giving us an upper hand. All the qualifications for my current job came from programming at codex; nothing to do with my 3 semesters of university :p

Yeah, dead on. My school hasn't taught me anything, but I learned how to actually code here. Which has helped me really stand out in classes. It is a beautiful thing.

#13 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

Cody, it is hilarious to see you talking about respecting peoples opinions, because if it is one thing I remember you just didn't give a shit about peoples opinions lol. Great to see you man!

He's mellowed. :p

Codex dragged me through a fair bit of my life. There's definitely a year or so that I relied on Kim and Matt an awful lot.

#14 gritane

gritane
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:22 PM

Heyy

#15 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

Heyy

I remember my first spam post.

#16 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 07:36 PM

I remember my first spam post.

Me too.

#17 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:08 PM

Hey Icey! I remember you. :p

#18 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:10 PM

Hey Icey! I remember you. :p

cara? lol did you have another name before?

#19 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

I remember thinking you where a girl....

#20 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:11 PM

I remember thinking you where a girl....

lolllllll. I remember doing that. I was having a blast.

#21 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

carax cara Nov 14 2006 07:18 PM
cara carax Nov 14 2006 07:17 PM
Cara cara Oct 15 2006 09:32 AM
Clarinetta Cara Sep 21 2006 06:50 PM
Cara Clarinetta Sep 18 2006 07:10 PM
xXxBr0k3nxXx Cara Mar 22 2006 04:00 PM
Cara xBrokenx Feb 23 2006 06:59 PM
xBrokenx Cara Feb 23 2006 05:21 PM
xXxBrok3nxXx xBrokenx Feb 19 2006 09:07 PM

#22 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

lol OUCH. no i didn't.

edit LMFAO i guess i did but mainly was Cara.

#23 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:15 PM

lol OUCH. no i didn't.

edit LMFAO i guess i did but mainly was Cara.

I actually remember broken. So HA, I remember you.

#24 cara

cara
  • 56/m/mexico

• 3364 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:19 PM

I actually remember broken. So HA, I remember you.

I'm so glad. Had me worried for a minute there. :p

#25 nicksmart21

nicksmart21
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 03:31 PM

Welcome back :D your programs are great :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users