Does the weather effect your mood?

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

Welcome to the placebo effect, captain ^_^

xD i don't think its a placebo effect, but if you do know something i don't, then quickly tell me because i might order another bottle because its cheap!

#102 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:05 PM

xD i don't think its a placebo effect, but if you do know something i don't, then quickly tell me because i might order another bottle because its cheap!

Vitamin D is one of the only vitamins the human body actually makes itself, using sunlight.
So unless you spend your entire life in a pitch-black box, you've already got plenty in your system.

#103 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:12 PM

Actually, my mood affects the weather("-n" hahaha)...
Kidding. It does change my mood. Raining makes me angry because streets get dirty, and because of that I can't wear flipflops to walk on street D= (havaianas =D). Plus, while it's raining or even like 2 days after is not good to go to the beach because it's dirty too. I hate that it has been raining for like more than a week and it's still hot either lol. I'm dying of total boredom here.
On the other hand, sunny days are great when they aren't too hot, and if you don't have to be at the streets there's always beach. I would never go to downtown in a sunny day at 12p.m though...

#104 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:19 PM

Vitamin D is one of the only vitamins the human body actually makes itself, using sunlight.
So unless you spend your entire life in a pitch-black box, you've already got plenty in your system.

im only supplementing it in the wintertime. bc weather is dark, hardly any sun. my skin pigmentation is also very fair and some woiuld call it pale, which hinders the absorbtion.

#105 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:32 PM

im only supplementing it in the wintertime. bc weather is dark, hardly any sun. my skin pigmentation is also very fair and some woiuld call it pale, which hinders the absorbtion.

I can't believe you made me look around at my biology book at the break, but whatever. The sunlight activates a cycle where vitamin D is present, therefore making the calcium attach to your bones, I just talked to my mother, who is a biologist. You don't need to take supplements though, all you need is to eat eggs, cheese or to drink milk, and take around 15 minutes of sunlight. You'll be fine with that, and it's safer.

#106 neobrah

neobrah
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:34 PM

I can't believe you made me look around at my biology book at the break, but whatever. The sunlight activates vitamin D, I think it might be possible to take it without the sunlight, which would be the supplements you take, but you don't need to take supplements, all you need is to eat eggs, cheese or to drink milk, and take around 15 minutes of sunlight. You'll be fine with that, and it's safer.

thanks for the info =P however i guess its sometimes hard to get a good breakfast and meals that would be suffice to activate the vit d.

#107 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 January 2011 - 03:50 PM

yes

#108 darkmagegurl

darkmagegurl
  • 51 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:23 AM

I think so.
Wouldn't be sure though. But it seems to me that when it's cloudy (not raining!) I feel happier.
Maybe you don't feel as irritated due to bad weather.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users