Quantcast

Photo

Saddest thing happened to you on neopet.

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#26 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:20 PM

I missed a Arghh! donna stamp today. Pretty sad :( lol

#27 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:25 PM

I missed a Arghh! donna stamp today. Pretty sad :( lol

Just think of it this way, you also missed getting frozen by missing the buy :p

My worst thing is that so far nobody has bought my inflated books.

#28 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:29 PM

Just think of it this way, you also missed getting frozen by missing the buy :p

My worst thing is that so far nobody has bought my inflated books.

That is an up side to it I guess, though I probably wouldn't have tried to sell it on any of the chat boards on the site. Probably bring it here to sell, cus I've got frozen before and I'm sure other people have, as soon as you post you're selling something worth that much if you're not 'well known' everyone starts calling you out for cheating.

#29 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:30 PM

That is an up side to it I guess, though I probably wouldn't have tried to sell it on any of the chat boards on the site. Probably bring it here to sell, cus I've got frozen before and I'm sure other people have, as soon as you post you're selling something worth that much if you're not 'well known' everyone starts calling you out for cheating.

What if you stuck it in the auctions cheap and didn't advertise? I'm sure it would sell, and the boards might not report you as many times?

#30 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

What if you stuck it in the auctions cheap and didn't advertise? I'm sure it would sell, and the boards might not report you as many times?

Probably not the worst Idea, I'd probably try to just sell it on here and throw in the account it's on too so I don't have to do any transferring, leave it up to the buyer what they want to do with it.

Too bad I didn't get it though, over here talkin about what I'd do with it and I don't even have it. lol

#31 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:38 PM

Probably not the worst Idea, I'd probably try to just sell it on here and throw in the account it's on too so I don't have to do any transferring, leave it up to the buyer what they want to do with it.

Too bad I didn't get it though, over here talkin about what I'd do with it and I don't even have it. lol

That's not a bad idea, but the account could get frozen for "your own protection" if there's a change in IP like that especially so soon after getting a big buy.

Yup, I hate it when you miss a good buy, but I guess it also helps for me that the biggest buy I've ever gotten has been Xweetok Popstar Dress and that wasn't even when I had advanced. Using advanced I got some 550k carrot food item.

#32 IamAWSOME

IamAWSOME
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

being chain iced (even with the use of proxies?) and losing hundreds of millions

being chain iced (even with the use of proxies?) and losing hundreds of millions

#33 bakedpotato

bakedpotato
  • 153 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:41 PM

That's not a bad idea, but the account could get frozen for "your own protection" if there's a change in IP like that especially so soon after getting a big buy.

Yup, I hate it when you miss a good buy, but I guess it also helps for me that the biggest buy I've ever gotten has been Xweetok Popstar Dress and that wasn't even when I had advanced. Using advanced I got some 550k carrot food item.

Well, there's always a risk. I guess if I had got it I'd have to discuss the transfer of it with the buyer and do whatever they wanted, cus in the end it would be their responsibility to not get frozen, not mine. Whenever I sell stuff to people on here I try to give them as many choices as I can think of on how to get them the items or NP for them to choose from.

#34 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 03:44 PM

Sloppy proxying?

Well, there's always a risk. I guess if I had got it I'd have to discuss the transfer of it with the buyer and do whatever they wanted, cus in the end it would be their responsibility to not get frozen, not mine. Whenever I sell stuff to people on here I try to give them as many choices as I can think of on how to get them the items or NP for them to choose from.

That's good, although again, that's the reason I avoid big ticket shops since it's so much easier to just sell my item under the radar.

#35 equitatus

equitatus
  • 269 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:14 PM

Sloppy proxy is almost inevitable....

Do you know how hard it is to change the damn proxy for every account?? and if you want to launder the money.....you have to do ALOT of switches......
And for me, proxies make the abber move really slow....

#36 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 05:38 PM

hmmm be being a noob i actually sold everything in my shop for a couple nps...i meant to withdraw them but i fudged up

#37 12markkram34

12markkram34
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:21 PM

Random Event: Dr. Sloth has his "associates" take 20% of your Neopoints away to support his next Neopian invasion effort.

Pretty much.

#38 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:28 PM

I just realized, checking my NC mall item Album, that I claimed (actually claimed!) a NC Mall Birthday Goodie Bag. And a Silver NC Mall Second Birthday Goodie Bag.

The first one costs $70 now, the second probably slightly less :crybaby:

#39 inez

inez
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 08:43 PM

Saddest thing I can think of - Somewhere out there I have an account from my earlier childhood that I can't remember the password to. That account has a petpet Kadotie. u_u

#40 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:47 PM

Back in around 2002, when JubJubs were so fricking cute, I gave mine the Mutant Chia potion. It was so ugly, it broke my heart and I quit Neopets :| Back then I had no clue that I could actually just change it to something else. Damn it, to think I could have had an 8 year old account!

#41 Dichromate

Dichromate
  • 277 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

lol
What's with all this hacking?
I never thought it was possible to get hacked...unless you go to shoddy websites....but then again why would shoddy websites care about neopets?

Would surprise you. It's probably possible to convert a ton of NPs to rl money if done right.
That or they did it for the lulz.

#42 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:44 PM

Who really gets targetted with the hacking? My account seems pretty under the radar.. Can't imagine anyone ever trying to get ahold of it..

#43 DanDoesWork

DanDoesWork
  • 685 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:46 PM

I forgot to pick up my daily shares

#44 Fultoa

Fultoa
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 11:18 PM

My worst moment was when I lost my old account that was made when Neopets was BRAND SPANKING NEW! :p

#45 Barophobia

Barophobia
  • 612 posts

Posted 22 December 2010 - 01:37 AM

Got my first 30m scammed to some buyer sod who offered me USD80 for it.

Never got my money. pfft.

#46 nothereorthere

nothereorthere
  • 182 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:17 PM

lost 17 million on and old account when it was hacked

#47 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:33 AM

Sloppy proxy is almost inevitable....

Do you know how hard it is to change the damn proxy for every account?? and if you want to launder the money.....you have to do ALOT of switches......
And for me, proxies make the abber move really slow....

That's why I just use my main and stay under the radar. No unnecessary proxies for me :)

I just realized, checking my NC mall item Album, that I claimed (actually claimed!) a NC Mall Birthday Goodie Bag. And a Silver NC Mall Second Birthday Goodie Bag.

The first one costs $70 now, the second probably slightly less :crybaby:

People actually would pay 70 bucks for a NC mall bag?!?!?!? Wow.

#48 carrice

carrice
  • 660 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 10:23 AM

Whats the expensive item in the goody bag
That it cost so much

#49 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Whats the expensive item in the goody bag
That it cost so much

No idea. Maybe some sparkly glitzy set of pixels that tries to justify spending so much money on something so retarded.

#50 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 03:49 AM

I missed making "F" xD

I swear to god, true story. About a month ago or so (I don't remember the exact date), I decided to go through the entire alphabet searching for uncreated pet names. I had already done this in June, yielding no results (purge hadn't started yet). So I went through the whole alphabet and "F" was uncreated! I went to create-a-pet but you can't create less than 3-letter names there. So I went on my merry way.

Only recently did I discover that Grundoes can be made with less than 3 letters.

I pretty much punched myself in the face. Not really though, I just went and bitched about it to my NFs.

I am positive that the pet F existed until the account purged, then got snapped up in about 1/10000 of a second because I was stalking it. Maybe you accidently changed part of the url, like deleted the = or something. That happens to me sometimes, and it shows the 'there is no pet by this name message' while the pet actually exists. You should feel better though, you wouldn't have been able to make the pet anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users