I am a spammer

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
111 replies to this topic

#76 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

How about you make full time mods that arbitrarily delete spam posts without warning?

Well, that's kind of like what we do now, except the process of going in to decrease their post count and stuff is a little time-consuming (invisi does not decrease their post count). This way, people can easily identify spam, and if they all agree, the collective decision is that the post is gone and the post is automatically decreased. I suppose we could also modify the forum software to decrease the post count of invisied posts also...

I think we should try this out first, and then see what happens. We can always adjust certain things to make it easier/harder for some down-voting to occur.

#77 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:19 PM

And make display names permanent. We know people are spamming to 500 and changing their names to try to be slick.

#78 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:20 PM

And make display names permanent. We know people are spamming to 500 and changing their names to try to be slick.

We used to get one change per month... I don't know why that changed.

#79 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:22 PM

We used to get one change per month... I don't know why that changed.

What is it now, three? I'll look into this and set it back if it's causing problems.

#80 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:43 PM

So, in theory, we could collaboratively eliminate everything a particular user does? ^_^

Your idea was already discussed with the admins....

#81 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 02:45 PM

Your idea was already discussed with the admins....

I make up for the lack of originality with sheer enthusiasm.

#82 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:02 PM

You shouldn't really care about getting acquainted with members. Just don't look like a fucktard and no one will care. It's really not hard to see the groups. We have a bunch of kids that play Neopets and a bunch of old bitter grumpy people. Normally we have room for an iruleatants, just not at the moment.

The only people bitching about you getting to 500 posts to use programs are the people that play Neopets (and let's face it, they're not the cool kids anyways). The rest of us only complain because it really seems like everytime you log on, the first 2 pages of 'New Content' are posts by you with 10 words or less. Sorry, I really only log on to have a nice discussion (seems like it's dwindling as the days progress) or to troll some kids. I really can't troll you because you either do it yourself or you write posts too short to troll.

To be totally honest, I could care less if you are a new member. That doesn't make me hate you.
I will hate you because you post stupid things that are irrelevant and/or idiotic.

I recently started playing Neopets for shits&gigs, however, I am definitely a grumpy, bitter, old member. I don't really care about you using the programs, I just don't want to read your incessant nonsensical shit posts all the time.

For example, when I was younger and on here, I never really posted in debate ever. Why? I didn't have anything constructive to say. As I got older I started posting in there more because I actually knew what I was talking about.
Us "grumpy" members don't care if you post in the thread. We care if everyone is writing paragraphs in their replies and you come in with your "I agree because this is bad." statement.

When retired members make posts, we do so because of our desire to communicate intelligently with other members of the forum. There is no motive or reward for our posts. This is why we resent any post that is a stepping stone to Abrosia and lacking substance.

Well, it might help if you do go into IRC and talk a bit.

I think I understand why people get so mad. This forum isn't generating much money really, and really thrives on the support of its members. By being an active and interesting forum, other people will be attracted to this forum and can also contribute to what the creators of the forum intended.

By spamming the threads and posting useless things, not only do you drive away potential newcomers but you turn away people who haven't started posting as well as regular posters.

Nobody wants to see threads full of barely finished sentences that are not even spelled correctly. Think about it, would you like to be in a conversation with people that just repeat others, slur as if they're drunk and mention things that don't even pertain to the topic?
You probably wouldn't and that's what these older members are feeling. They've spent countless hours to help the newer members with program issues, neopet issues and give them tons of advices on what to do. Now they return to see all these new members who just post constantly and without thought to get to 500 posts to achieve a membership and additional usage of a program. All of this sounds pretty heartless.

So, lets try to do what they have done and help make this website attractive to newer members by contributing and actually trying to help other members rather then post inane comments.

EDIT:
I meant to type isn't - I swear!
I figured 5 dollars a month would barely begin to cover servers since I know I run programs almost all day long and I KNOW others are too.

I definitely agree with this statement. The forum barely generates any money. Any income we do have is from ads and membership subscriptions. Granted, there are some subscribers, the majority of members will probably post to 500 instead. Most members have AdBlock on too. Since ads are blocked, the subscription becomes more important to our survival.

There was a day when people were so active and involved the DONATED to NeoCodex, without reward! The donations were often by members who were of Private of Retired status too; they did not donate just to get the extra snazzy userbar with their posts in order to boost their reputation.

All older members are going to seem intimidating. Maybe cause they've been here for 5+ years and have seen this nonsense countless times. We've seen the highs and lows of Codex and in all honesty, this is one of our higher low points. Sure we have an active community, but most of us "older" members again have graduated beyond posting like it's the NeoBoards. Codex used to be an active community with tons of staff, was it better then? I don't know. I'd hardly consider myself an active member of the community. It's just we used to have conversations beyond what the typical "I got frozen" and "I just discovered sex". I remember when we used to argue Politics, Physics, etc. I remember when posts had SUBSTANCE. At least I don't see it anymore. Maybe once a week or so. Us 'older' members are cynical only because we know what this Forum used to be, and although we drag ourselves off the couch to post, we really have nothing to look forward to as far as posts go. There's a reason PRBM is the only new retired member, THAT's what our community used to be. A group of friends who had semi-intellectual posts. Now we have some blonde chick who thinks DD's on a 200 pound frame look attractive and a bunch of people that worship a retard that can barely code programs and thinks he's the shit.

I'm not grumpy, I'm just high. Don't take offense to anything I say, it's the truth, at least in my book.

Again, I agree with Bryan. We've all been here for so long that we just don't give a shit. We know that even if we drive a new member away by calling him a spammer, a new one will come right along. These members are sometimes even the ones that turn out to be excellent members. Take Boggart for instance. He is a very active member here, and his posts don't even piss me off! However, he was called a spammer when he joined.

When I joined the forum I was very immature, and knew almost nothing about computers. I grew up with Neocodex and honestly think it shaped my life for the better as it led me towards my current career path and taught me so much about the internet, programming, and web design. The first thing I did when I was voted into retired years ago was search my name in the forum threads. I read all the posts about myself, most of them negative. I thought to myself, they're right. I was a type of member that I now hate.

Thank you for voicing your opinion. I'm sorry if we older members seem TOO grumpy. I honestly try to be friendlier to the newer generation... but I can see how some may make newer members feel unwelcome and that is NOT what we want. I think PRBM said it well in this topic... It's less about how frequent you post... and more about the content of the post. It doesn't have to be paragraph upon paragraph ever post or anything... PRBM has been very successful with one liners full of personality or humor. We just want to have another PERSON in our community, and not another robot who isn't interested in the discussion at all.

Although IRC and all that is a cool way to chat randomly with people, it's really not necessary. (Though you shouldn't be intimidated... Mostly everyone in there is kidding 100% of the time.. though last night everyone pissed me off pretty severely... must've been one of my moods. :p) You can become active just by posting your opinion on matters in topics... We love to see nice posts in topics.... posts that say "I'm a real person with real feelings or with a real personality."

On that note, I've seen you post a good bit, and I always enjoy your posts... and I actually know you when you post. So I would lighten up and have some fun. :)

Cheers to you all.

P.s. This bump down feature is gonna be awesome. :D

I feel that IRC really just takes the place that MSN used to have in this community. I remember talking to many members for hours on MSN. Some of them even knew my own personal life, and I knew theirs.
Dallas, Eric, and Cody are even my friends on Facebook. I have a strange bond with them because I grew up reading their posts and talking with them.

-

I don't even really remember all that I just wrote, and I probably typed in circles for a bit, but I think I provided some substance :p

On a re-read, this writing is sub par, but I got my point across.

#83 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:12 PM

All older members are going to seem intimidating. Maybe cause they've been here for 5+ years and have seen this nonsense countless times. We've seen the highs and lows of Codex and in all honesty, this is one of our higher low points. Sure we have an active community, but most of us "older" members again have graduated beyond posting like it's the NeoBoards. Codex used to be an active community with tons of staff, was it better then? I don't know. I'd hardly consider myself an active member of the community. It's just we used to have conversations beyond what the typical "I got frozen" and "I just discovered sex". I remember when we used to argue Politics, Physics, etc. I remember when posts had SUBSTANCE. At least I don't see it anymore. Maybe once a week or so. Us 'older' members are cynical only because we know what this Forum used to be, and although we drag ourselves off the couch to post, we really have nothing to look forward to as far as posts go. There's a reason PRBM is the only new retired member, THAT's what our community used to be. A group of friends who had semi-intellectual posts. Now we have some blonde chick who thinks DD's on a 200 pound frame look attractive and a bunch of people that worship a retard that can barely code programs and thinks he's the shit.

I'm not grumpy, I'm just high. Don't take offense to anything I say, it's the truth, at least in my book.

Bryan I don't take offence don't worry, I'm just curious as to how my physical appearance would even be brought into a conversation that's about site input when I, and hopefully others, feel that I help plenty of new and old members here?

#84 Lineage

Lineage
  • 498 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:18 PM

Bryan I don't take offence don't worry, I'm just curious as to how my physical appearance would even be brought into a conversation that's about site input when I, and hopefully others, feel that I help plenty of new and old members here?

Frankly, I think Georgina is the fucking bomb and I love how helpful she is to everyone and Neocodex in general.
Just putting that out there :thumbsup:

#85 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:31 PM

That was a personal attack and I'm sorry for that. I'm one to call people names when shit's going on, I don't know you at all and it was my b! I mainly say that not because of your post content, but because god damn MySpace angles annoy me. Again, personal attack, and I was high, my b!

That being said, not that you don't help the Neopets community with your posts, but I really haven't read a single post of yours that I found interesting. It's all a personal thing, I just don't like coming on here and reading the NeoBoards. Meh.

As far as iargue, I'll stop the bashing (at least when it's not a direct reference to a post of his). I can tell I've gone more than out of my way to make my viewpoints on that member known, and I can see how I'm overstepping boundaries by continuing to insult him. I'm sure I'll get enough opportunities to voice my opinion in a direct response to him, instead of just throwing out insults.

One question, how many votes is it gonna take to vote down topics? I gotta know how many people are joining my alliance.

I personally agree with Togepi. It's not all of the older members though but it's a select few who seem like they go completely out of their way to bash new members. When I first got here i didn't post a lot because it seemed all that happened was I got into argument after argument with with same person over completely trivial matters, and it was really irritating and immature. The only thing that kept me coming back were the members who befriended me and were nice to me and i had conversations with. Tbh getting members and keeping them active is a two way street. Yes no one is going to want to join if everyone is spamming 1 or 2 word posts. But no one is also going to join when everyone throws a bitch fit about every little short/off topic post. Everyone needs to take a chill pill tbh.

I would love to know any old member who goes out of their way to bash new members. From what I've seen, it's kind of handed to us on a platter.

The thing is, you get a bit tired out of linking people to topics about questions that have been asked 1,000's of times. I don't care if you're new to the forum, unless you're new to the internet, you should have a bit of Forum etiquette and understand that any forum you go to, people are going to be a bit peeved seeing the topic twice a week and giving the same answer when it's SO FUCKING EASY to navigate this site.

#86 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:35 PM

That was a personal attack and I'm sorry for that. I'm one to call people names when shit's going on, I don't know you at all and it was my b! I mainly say that not because of your post content, but because god damn MySpace angles annoy me. Again, personal attack, and I was high, my b!

That being said, not that you don't help the Neopets community with your posts, but I really haven't read a single post of yours that I found interesting. It's all a personal thing, I just don't like coming on here and reading the NeoBoards. Meh.

Ty for the apology, I don't expect everyone to like me, or find me interesting. No bad feelings dude.

And lol, thank you lin ^_^

#87 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

Technically, yes, but it will be easier to sink new members' posts. So yes, you can silently protest people's posts by voting everything down, but a significant amount of other people have to agree with you.

Also, we could make things fun and allow people to sink entire topics. :p Some topics are utter garbage, but we need to make sure not to sink topics that are just in the wrong area or something (that can easily be moved).

I feel like this idea of limiting those spammers a great one but I'm afraid of the chaos that might ensue.
Is any user going to be able to down vote or do you have to have a certain requirement?

#88 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

I would love to know any old member who goes out of their way to bash new members. From what I've seen, it's kind of handed to us on a platter.

The thing is, you get a bit tired out of linking people to topics about questions that have been asked 1,000's of times. I don't care if you're new to the forum, unless you're new to the internet, you should have a bit of Forum etiquette and understand that any forum you go to, people are going to be a bit peeved seeing the topic twice a week and giving the same answer when it's SO FUCKING EASY to navigate this site.

I've only been here since September, so anyone who's been here before me is an older member. Idk what's your classification of an old member. But I know that the first couple weeks I was here iArgue started arguments with me constantly over really trivial matters, and always made really bitchy comments in my direction. Idk if you consider him an "oldbie" or whatever. And that Frizzle person, I see them being very abrasive toward, well, everyone. Like I'm not saying be happy and sweet to every tom, dick and harry, but on this site I see a lot of people being straight up mean for no reason. Like even with Juupon, someone brought up how she left after she got to 500 posts. Well yeah, a ton of the people here hated her and reported her for every thing. I wouldn't have stuck around either. Not to mention the amount of racism and sexism I encounter on this forum. It makes me want to hit my 500 and deuce the fuck out of here. The only thing really keeping me around are the posters who actually make an effort to get to know and befriend new people like oreo, cody, gee, etc.

And I totally know what you mean. I've been regularly posting on messageboards for like 5 years now. I've been a moderator before, I've been an admin before, I know how stressful it can get. But some people just go completely out of their way to just be douchebags.

Edited by Mishelle, 27 December 2010 - 08:40 PM.

#89 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:46 PM

These highs and lows that you speak of are probably personal highs and lows. Just because people aren't talking about what you want them to talk about, doesn't mean the entire site has gone to shit. :p We've been more active lately than we have in three years (we are receiving more posts per day, and more overall hits). It's just that our audience has changed, and so has our material. Yes, the quality of posts have decreased a bit, but that is because we've refined our focus to include the things we're good at -- making programs and apps. Naturally, every noob is going to want to ask about that. They can go to a physics forum, or a politics forum if they want to talk about that stuff, because you can't expect us to specifically cater to every little thing that people are interested in.

My advice? Set a good example for these people, and take advantage of the vote-down modification that we plan to bring in soon (to get rid of the nonsense posts).

Also, those who have problems with iargue, you can kindly shut up now (let's not beat around the bush with whom the last part of the post is in reference to). You have expressed your displeasure with his conduct, and we've talked to him about his opinionated posts. He has agreed to cut down on it, he's not going anywhere, and we're not letting him go. I will start removing hurtful posts soon because it is starting to become harassment. You don't need to agree with his point of view on things, but you don't need to bash him for it either.

With that said, there's a block feature where you can add users to it. Filter certain people's content out at your own discretion. It will make things a lot easier for all of us.

I'm not saying the site has gone to shit at all. But as far as content goes, you'd have to be lying to say that this is one of our high points. Yes, we have more activity. That's great for you guys that run the site, you guys want as much traffic as possible. However (and this is where it's personal) I could care less if we had half the traffic we had now. I don't log onto Codex to see how many posts are made. I log onto Codex because it's a collection of people that share(d) a similar connection (Neopets).

I understand this is a Neopets forum. The thing is, it's always been a Neopets forum. What do you think has changed? Our member quality. Yea we make programs, that's great. We always have made programs. I'm not asking you (the admins) to change anything as far as what your focus is. You've already chosen it and been damn good at it. All I ask is that we don't lax on this 'new member' base because it brings activity. I remember when you couldn't make a spam post without having a mod on it within 10 minutes. Now we have a couple admins and the only active member of staff (As far as the Forum goes) is someone that we all really dislike. I understand you, Hydrogen, etc. are all busy with school and programs. But something you guys have seem to forgotten. This site is Neocodex - Neopets Fan Community and Cheats. Programs are a huge factor of who we are, but we're first and foremost a community. And I think in your guy's want to make quality programs, you've lost sight of that. I'm not asking you to be a superhero, I understand you're human. Just saying that I'm not unreasonable in wanting quality posts, as we used to manage quality posts and amazing programs before.

Regardless, it's a lot of work, shit happens, you're busy. I don't care if nothing changes on this site, but I should still be able to bitch about people posting nonsense, and it's not wrong of me to want an active and sensical community.

Perfect example, LPC. Brought a lot of traffic and new members, anyone know people that came here because of LPC that are still around? I don't want hollow members. I want real members.

I've only been here since September, so anyone who's been here before me is an older member. Idk what's your classification of an old member. But I know that the first couple weeks I was here iArgue started arguments with me constantly over really trivial matters, and always made really bitchy comments in my direction. Idk if you consider him an "oldbie" or whatever. And that Frizzle person, I see them being very abrasive toward, well, everyone. Like I'm not saying be happy and sweet to every tom, dick and harry, but on this site I see a lot of people being straight up mean for no reason. Like even with Juupon, someone brought up how she left after she got to 500 posts. Well yeah, a ton of the people here hated her and reported her for every thing. I wouldn't have stuck around either. Not to mention the amount of racism and sexism I encounter on this forum. It makes me want to hit my 500 and deuce the fuck out of here. The only thing really keeping me around are the posters who actually make an effort to get to know and befriend new people like oreo, cody, gee, etc.

And I totally know what you mean. I've been regularly posting on messageboards for like 5 years now. I've been a moderator before, I've been an admin before, I know how stressful it can get. But some people just go completely out of their way to just be douchebags.

iArgue is staff, but he's not an older member. I understand what you mean.

As far as Frizzle, he's a special case, but he rarely posts on the forums anyways. Yea he's extremely abrasive, but he shouldn't be the sole reason you like/dislike a forum. We all have a hate/love relationship with Frizzle.

I am curious as far as the racism and sexism. That's something I've never seen brought up. As far as I know, we've always been very tolerant of all races/sexes/religious beliefs.

iArgue is staff, but he's not an older member. I understand what you mean.

As far as Frizzle, he's a special case, but he rarely posts on the forums anyways. Yea he's extremely abrasive, but he shouldn't be the sole reason you like/dislike a forum. We all have a hate/love relationship with Frizzle.

I am curious as far as the racism and sexism. That's something I've never seen brought up. As far as I know, we've always been very tolerant of all races/sexes/religious beliefs.

#90 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:50 PM

The Sluts thread was full of sexism. And not really racism, i need to pick and choose my words better, I ran into a lot of prejudiced comments in the White Privilege thread. And when people use the N word I personally just find it off putting, but hey free speech and all that. It just personally REALLY bugs me.

#91 Turtleboy

Turtleboy
  • 424 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:52 PM

I'm not saying the site has gone to shit at all. But as far as content goes, you'd have to be lying to say that this is one of our high points. Yes, we have more activity. That's great for you guys that run the site, you guys want as much traffic as possible. However (and this is where it's personal) I could care less if we had half the traffic we had now. I don't log onto Codex to see how many posts are made. I log onto Codex because it's a collection of people that share(d) a similar connection (Neopets).

I understand this is a Neopets forum. The thing is, it's always been a Neopets forum. What do you think has changed? Our member quality. Yea we make programs, that's great. We always have made programs. I'm not asking you (the admins) to change anything as far as what your focus is. You've already chosen it and been damn good at it. All I ask is that we don't lax on this 'new member' base because it brings activity. I remember when you couldn't make a spam post without having a mod on it within 10 minutes. Now we have a couple admins and the only active member of staff (As far as the Forum goes) is someone that we all really dislike. I understand you, Hydrogen, etc. are all busy with school and programs. But something you guys have seem to forgotten. This site is Neocodex - Neopets Fan Community and Cheats. Programs are a huge factor of who we are, but we're first and foremost a community. And I think in your guy's want to make quality programs, you've lost sight of that. I'm not asking you to be a superhero, I understand you're human. Just saying that I'm not unreasonable in wanting quality posts, as we used to manage quality posts and amazing programs before.

Regardless, it's a lot of work, shit happens, you're busy. I don't care if nothing changes on this site, but I should still be able to bitch about people posting nonsense, and it's not wrong of me to want an active and sensical community.

Perfect example, LPC. Brought a lot of traffic and new members, anyone know people that came here because of LPC that are still around? I don't want hollow members. I want real members.

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with you. It's been stated multiple times that the quality of this community has declined and I'm not one to disagree. I'm definately not an old member - I've been around for about 3 months. I was gone for a two and when I came back, I definitely noticed a whole lot more spam then there used to be.
However, everybody dreams big. We all want the best things in life, nobody gets up and says "I really want to be last place". However, it's not that easy. There's always steps that you can take to help make this community better. Yes, you may not be a mod - but members in the forum can have control over this stuff too. If you bring to people's attention that somebody is spamming, I can guarantee that multiple other users who find this annoying will jump on it (case in point - this guy we just harassed for having posts that didn't really matter). You may not have the power to stop this guy but if you can get enough users aware of this or even alert a mod about this, you can stop these guys. Obviously, it's not a fun task and yes it is time consuming but if you want this site to improve as much as you claim then you can start sacrificing and do this too.
I'm sure that the admins of the site will see this type of behavior and maybe give you the ability to delete spam posts in the future. You get what you earn, but if you're just going to sit around and complain about how everything is falling to shit - nobody's going to get motivated and help out.

#92 Bryan

Bryan
  • 4107 posts

Posted 27 December 2010 - 08:59 PM

I don't think anybody is disagreeing with you. It's been stated multiple times that the quality of this community has declined and I'm not one to disagree. I'm definately not an old member - I've been around for about 3 months. I was gone for a two and when I came back, I definitely noticed a whole lot more spam then there used to be.
However, everybody dreams big. We all want the best things in life, nobody gets up and says "I really want to be last place". However, it's not that easy. There's always steps that you can take to help make this community better. Yes, you may not be a mod - but members in the forum can have control over this stuff too. If you bring to people's attention that somebody is spamming, I can guarantee that multiple other users who find this annoying will jump on it (case in point - this guy we just harassed for having posts that didn't really matter). You may not have the power to stop this guy but if you can get enough users aware of this or even alert a mod about this, you can stop these guys. Obviously, it's not a fun task and yes it is time consuming but if you want this site to improve as much as you claim then you can start sacrificing and do this too.
I'm sure that the admins of the site will see this type of behavior and maybe give you the ability to delete spam posts in the future. You get what you earn, but if you're just going to sit around and complain about how everything is falling to shit - nobody's going to get motivated and help out.

I used to moderate this site. The admins are too busy with school and work and programming to be active in the community. It's no fault of their own, it's too much work to ask of the staff.

The thing is, this site has shifted from a community, and has focused too much on programming. Is that a bad thing? I don't know, I'm not the administration. If they're happy with the way the site is, then that's how it's gonna be. NeoCodex was founded on MSN Groups. It has always been a community, and I don't consider what we have now to be a community. Just a fodder for programs and a message board.

#93 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 01:06 AM

You are the worst example ever of someone I was mean to. Yes. I've been mean to people over and over and over again. But you. You where like, "Why does the girl have to be the lock" I have no respect for you, and I never will. No matter how long I am nice to people. No matter how much the admins bitch. Your on the list of no respect. I will never ever ever be nice to you, and since I cant be mean. I just wont talk. Thats all there is to it.

Dont complain because I dont like you. You brought this upon yourself. If you hadnt said that, I would have been fine with you. But you had to say "Why does the woman have to be the lock" And I hated you from that point on. There is nothing to this. No matter how many cool, or awesome posts you make, no matter what anyone says. Your done in my book. Take it ho you want.

As far as iargue, I'll stop the bashing (at least when it's not a direct reference to a post of his). I can tell I've gone more than out of my way to make my viewpoints on that member known, and I can see how I'm overstepping boundaries by continuing to insult him. I'm sure I'll get enough opportunities to voice my opinion in a direct response to him, instead of just throwing out insults.

One question, how many votes is it gonna take to vote down topics? I gotta know how many people are joining my alliance.

Why do you always use "I'm high as an excuse" You where an asshole. And you where just like, "I was high, forget it" If I say, I only ever come on codex when high, are you going to forgive me? Of course not. Dont be an asshole and then just say, "I'm high" as an excuse. You where an asshole, and you know it, you got called out on it. Admit you where high without making excuses, and I'll respect you a little bit more.

And I love how you guys think you can downvote every single one of my posts. The admins know you are planning this. They will just undownvote them, because I dont need to spam. I have enough posts. I post to help people, or because I have something to say on a matter. Thats it.

You can hate all you want, but I help the community more then you do, no matter what you said. My programs have brought plenty of people here, and plenty of people will use it. I will always make new programs. And all your going to do is attack me. I dont even care anymore. Attack me a thousand times over. I will still be here, programing for neocodex.

#94 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:30 AM

The Sluts thread was full of sexism. And not really racism, i need to pick and choose my words better, I ran into a lot of prejudiced comments in the White Privilege thread. And when people use the N word I personally just find it off putting, but hey free speech and all that. It just personally REALLY bugs me.

It bugs me too. As well as 'faggot'. But a lot of the hip young guys use these words, not necessarily as vulgarities. 
Oh well. Could be worse. We could all be Asians.

Your on the list of no respect. I will never ever ever be nice to you, and since I cant be mean. I just wont talk. Thats all there is to it.

I find this pretty absurd.

You were also mean to Gee ever since she arrived (I assume you think she's an absolute idiot, undeserving of your respect) and your general attitude towards her could have possibly been the reason for her complete wig-out about McBigMac compatibility. She was asking a valid question, and you are programing staff, and for whatever reason she thought you would help her and you didn't. I do think she overreacted, but I understand where the frustration with you came from. I used to enjoy talking to Chobitz, but because of your continued harassment of her, and you undying need to mock her for constantly mentioning she's disabled, she left. Although I don't agree with everything Gee and Mishelle say, I think them worthy enough to have a conversation with. I find your behavior with some members to be very hard to understand. Either you're SUPER DUPER disgustingly nice to them, or you treat them like shit. There's pretty much no middle ground. 

You can hate all you want, but I help the community more then you do, no matter what you said. My programs have brought plenty of people here, and plenty of people will use it. I will always make new programs. And all your going to do is attack me. I dont even care anymore. Attack me a thousand times over. I will still be here, programing for neocodex.

And because you'll always be around, there will always be people you treat like crap just because they don't have the same opinions you do. This is why I find the iargue-hate somewhat justified. You only get what you give sometimes, man.

p.s. I love Georgina, AND her giant tits.

#95 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:22 AM

Ty for the apology, I don't expect everyone to like me, or find me interesting. No bad feelings dude.

And lol, thank you lin ^_^

I'll admit, I was a bit harsh on you at first but eventually over time I've grown attached to seeing you contribute to this site. Don't get me wrong, I don't see every post you make as interesting or relevant to my interests but I believe if you left the site it would be for the worst.

And that Frizzle person, I see them being very abrasive toward, well, everyone. Like I'm not saying be happy and sweet to every tom, dick and harry, but on this site I see a lot of people being straight up mean for no reason. Like even with Juupon, someone brought up how she left after she got to 500 posts.

Don't take it personally. I never go out of my way to insult or harass a user simply for who they are, what they do or how they live their life. I simply attack what they post on this board because let's face it, thats all we have to go on. I call people on forum bullshit and will continue to do so, it's simply my prerogative to do so and that's why I criticised your posts. Like I said, don't take it personally, I actually look foward to your posts and threads and think "Hmm, Mishelle's posted, let's see what she has to say" and personally I enjoy what you've bought to the site, and it's quite comendable especially seeing as you're a new poster. Just don't think I'm going to change and start being nice for the hell of it, that ain't my style.

Dude, 13,000 posts! I think my PPD average is still in double digits!

Just for show, it's not like we actually believe in that kinda pre-1990's bullshit.

I used to moderate this site. The admins are too busy with school and work and programming to be active in the community. It's no fault of their own, it's too much work to ask of the staff.

The thing is, this site has shifted from a community, and has focused too much on programming. Is that a bad thing? I don't know, I'm not the administration. If they're happy with the way the site is, then that's how it's gonna be. NeoCodex was founded on MSN Groups. It has always been a community, and I don't consider what we have now to be a community. Just a fodder for programs and a message board.

I used to think "Who's this dickhead and why is he staff?" when you was promoted to mod. I changed my mind. I now think "Who's this dickhead, and why isn't he staff?"

Ok, that's my nice post for the year. Fuck you all and Merry Christmas you bunch of pricks x

#96 Nunc

Nunc
  • 443 posts

Posted 28 December 2010 - 06:51 AM

Just for show, it's not like we actually believe in that kinda pre-1990's bullshit.

I do :/

#97 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:35 AM

You were also mean to Gee ever since she arrived (I assume you think she's an absolute idiot, undeserving of your respect) and your general attitude towards her could have possibly been the reason for her complete wig-out about McBigMac compatibility. She was asking a valid question, and you are programing staff, and for whatever reason she thought you would help her and you didn't. I do think she overreacted, but I understand where the frustration with you came from. I used to enjoy talking to Chobitz, but because of your continued harassment of her, and you undying need to mock her for constantly mentioning she's disabled, she left. Although I don't agree with everything Gee and Mishelle say, I think them worthy enough to have a conversation with. I find your behavior with some members to be very hard to understand. Either you're SUPER DUPER disgustingly nice to them, or you treat them like shit. There's pretty much no middle ground. 

p.s. I love Georgina, AND her giant tits.

I never mocked her for being disabled. I mocked chobitz for defending Sarah Palin or something really stupid that she did. I have no reason to mock disabled people, and I never will mock them.

And I never once spoke to Gee ever until that Abrosia post. In that post, I said directly to SL. "Because I changed the version number, mac version will not work" Two posts later she says, "Mac version isnt working." and then exploded and demanded a refund and called me sexist and a thousand other things simply because I didnt help her.

Yes. I am a programmer. Yes. I help people with their program issues every single day. I could no help her. I didnt do it because I hated her, or because she was ugly (I dont even know what she looks like). I could not help her, and so I did not help her. Simple as that. I never have denied anyone help on fixing the problem. Yes. Sometimes I will tell people to read something (And maybe be a little bit demeaning... that will stop though). But seriously. I answer the same question 10 times a day. I answered the same question the page before for that person. I dont expect people to read all 200 pages of the Abrosia topic, put I expect them to read atleast the first page, and the last 1-3 pages. Its only polite.

I've yet to refuse to help anyone because I didnt like them. Nor will I ever do that. Artifeetfetish is on my ignore list, but he asked me for help with his computer, and I helped him. Simple as that. While I might be mean to you in a single post somewhere, or in every post. Ask for help and I will help you.

(And your worshiping of Sweeney is SUPER DUPER [i]disgusting/i])

#98 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:54 AM

What's a little hero-worship between equals?

I have enough posts.

I've been dying to talk about this for forever. Fess up, you edited your post count.
There is absolutely no way you can have that many posts without cheating.

#99 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:58 AM

I've been dying to talk about this for forever. Fess up, you edited your post count.

Active Posts: 8,245 (5 per day)

So I'm not sure what's going on there. :p

#100 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2010 - 09:59 AM

What's a little hero-worship between equals?

I soooo dont have that kind of power. Someone else might have for me, XD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users