Quantcast

Photo

Is the neopets cheating community bigger than the legit community?

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#51 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:13 PM

I think the legit community is greater. but everybody's cheated in one way or another :p

#52 Homer

Homer
  • 151 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:32 PM

I think the real legit people are the little kids that make up like 99% of the real Neopets population that barely know how to do anything but dailies and a few games and don't have chat options ~_~

I actually believe this because besides the ones you listed above are a bunch of PTA & Soccer moms policing the boards trying to witch hunt cheaters. I would agree the legit community is larger, but the cheating community is more active.

#53 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:41 PM

Age does not mean innocence :o I knew a looot of various contraptions at an extremely young age. GUI's make everything simple even a six year old could use Abrosia.

#54 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:37 AM

I'm going to work on the Neocheating flowchart. I think it has great potential.

#55 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 01:44 AM

I'd love that! Send me a copy :D and getchu butt on IRC!

#56 iamlost26

iamlost26
  • 563 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

Like Freezing --> Searching --> Avatar Cheating --> ABing --> Selling

?

:D

#57 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Like Freezing --> Searching --> Avatar Cheating --> ABing --> Selling

I'm actually looking to make it even more detailed than that. Right now it's just a cloud in my head, but I will give it shape soon enough!

#58 esilim

esilim
  • 508 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

But people still do it. So, why does it matter?

Actually, I think that anything that gets more people to play would be valuable in their eyes. Maybe they think that other people get discouraged from playing b/c those who buy things for real $ outdo them. In that case, by making $, you're costing them $.

#59 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2011 - 02:36 PM

I think its pretty easy to tell cheaters from legit players...anyone who's past a certain threshold of wealth either is an (extremely rare) outlier or a cheater. But the legit community is undoubtedly much larger (even if much poorer per capita)

#60 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

I think its pretty easy to tell cheaters from legit players...anyone who's past a certain threshold of wealth either is an (extremely rare) outlier or a cheater. But the legit community is undoubtedly much larger (even if much poorer per capita)

How on earth do autobuyers amass such wealth without getting banned? I was under the impression that if you went after the really good UB items, you'd be banned at the drop of a hat.

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 14 February 2011 - 04:56 PM.

#61 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:53 PM

I get banned all the time, rs bans happen to me pretty quick, i rs legit.

#62 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

How on earth do they amass such wealth without getting banned? I was under the impression that if you went after the really good UB items, you'd be banned at the drop of a hat.

A good reseller (legit) can make upwards of 1m a day or so I've heard.

#63 Frank12

Frank12
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this user!

• 276 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:55 PM

<br />A good reseller (legit) can make upwards of 1m a day or so I've heard.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

*Points to self*

#64 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:56 PM

A good reseller (legit) can make upwards of 1m a day or so I've heard.

I meant someone who uses an autobuyer. :p

#65 Radiohead

Radiohead
  • 30 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 01:53 PM

To be fair, it's pretty easy making millions of np using the stockmarket the legit way.

#66 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

To be fair, it's pretty easy making millions of np using the stockmarket the legit way.

I'm a big fan of the stock market. It's good as long as you have patience (or if you go on a hiatus and want some NP to come back to).

#67 MissSwagHard

MissSwagHard
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

I'm a big fan of the stock market. It's good as long as you have patience (or if you go on a hiatus and want some NP to come back to).

I know that's right. I hadn't played in along time. I came back and checked my stocks my stock had shot up to 1m.. I had only paid 1k in the stock. Stocks are great.

But I think the legit community is alot bigger than the cheating community on neopets. But I think mostly because so many people are scared they are going to lose their accounts. But if they do it wisely.. Sure they still chance getting caught, but much less.

Edited by MissSwagHard, 15 February 2011 - 03:25 PM.

#68 cpvr

cpvr
  • 206 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:41 PM

I actually believe this because besides the ones you listed above are a bunch of PTA & Soccer moms policing the boards trying to witch hunt cheaters. I would agree the legit community is larger, but the cheating community is more active.

Ya, because I don't know too many legit communities as large as Neocodex - unless someone can correct me?

#69 Persuasion

Persuasion
  • 551 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:51 PM

I read somewhere that TNT KNOWS that 90% of all thier player cheat, Of course, they can't ban all of thier members at once so they only plan a certain few that overpass the "human" or "likely" limitations. In other words, they only catch you when you do unhumanly/obvious cheating

#70 Lychee

Lychee
  • 633 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 02:35 AM

Ya, because I don't know too many legit communities as large as Neocodex - unless someone can correct me?

There are quite a few pretty large legit communities - there's a off-site forum for writers which seems very active and has a member of staff participating in it and a few sites relating to trading pets which seem legit from what I've seen.

#71 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:20 AM

Idk in regards to using programs and such. I believe that there are more legit players than people who do that since there's a lot of kids and stuff who use neopets. But as far as it goes making new accounts, doing dailies on multiple accounts, etc. I'm sure most people on Neopets cheat in some form or another.

#72 chaoprokia

chaoprokia
  • 558 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

I read somewhere that TNT KNOWS that 90% of all thier player cheat, Of course, they can't ban all of thier members at once so they only plan a certain few that overpass the "human" or "likely" limitations. In other words, they only catch you when you do unhumanly/obvious cheating

they need some stats to prove submit thier annual finanical report where they are actually earning some buck from the community

#73 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:11 AM

they need some stats to prove submit thier annual finanical report where they are actually earning some buck from the community

Aside from people who sell NP and items, what does Neopets' financial statements have anything to do with cheaters?

Edited by PsychoSoldier, 16 February 2011 - 11:12 AM.

#74 Heavas

Heavas
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:44 AM

i was legit for a looooooong time till i found this site a week ago xD

#75 Mafioso

Mafioso
  • 108 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:28 PM

i was legit for a looooooong time till i found this site a week ago xD

I agree with you on that. I been playing legit for over 9yrs. I still do on my main account, but I found this yesterday and now ABing on a old side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users