• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:42 AM

There have been some situations that should have been reported, yet weren't... as well as some situations that were reported that really shouldn't have been. Thus I decided that it would be a good idea to go ahead and clear things up.

The sliding scale of reportable evils:

1. Scamming

Report this immediately. We really want to be quick and efficient in dealing with this. Have your proof ready, as proof is necessary for an effective determination of guilt.

2. Selling ill-gotten goods

If you have proof that items or NPs being traded on-site are the result of CGing, hash lists, etc... please prepare it and send it our way and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

3. Spambots

You'll know it when you see it. Please report instead of posting in the junk thread ^_^

4. Flaming

When a user purposely posts in a way that is degrading towards a user or a group of people, we need to make sure this is dealt with before things get out of hand. Instead of fanning the flames, please report the misbehavior and we'll get on it ASAP

I'm going to clear this up, as there could be some misunderstandings on this one as well.

Not Flaming: "I disagree with you because I think you're wrong"
Flaming: "I disagree with you because I think you're a fucktard"

Not Flaming: "I'm pretty sure the Scientologists are misinformed"
Flaming: "Scientologists are a bunch of child rapists"

Not Flaming: "jcrboy is a bastard child" <--Factual statement
Flaming: "jcrboy's mother is a hamster and his father smells of elderberries" <-- Not a factual statement

If you back up your statements with facts, you really can't go wrong. If you go around throwing insults, you'll just get yourself in trouble.

5. Spamming

This is going to be a tough gray area. If a user is posting mindless drivel in a thread, they need to be pointed in the right direction. I'll clear this up momentarily.

Only when a user shows complete disregard for post quality should they be reported for spamming. Have some examples:

Spam: "Awesome"
Not Spam: "This guide is well written and answered all my questions. Thanks for writing it."

Spam: "I have nothing to add to this argument"
Not Spam: "My opinion is stupid, but here it is anyway"

6. Thread in wrong section

Just report it, and if you're correct, we'll move it. Usually this will apply to Neo threads in General Chat and non-debates in Debate.

Still evil but please stop reporting it:

1. Gravedigging

Yes, it's sometimes annoying to see an old thread that was stupid in the first place come back to life. But it's not against the rules, so you can give the user a hard time, but they're not doing anything "wrong"

2. Going off topic

We'd rather see 100 derailed topics than no topics at all.

3. Joking at your expense

Try to relax. We all make fun of each other from time to time, so try to take it in stride. Unless it's a personal and hurtful attack, the poster is within their rights to poke a little fun.

#2 Blissey

Blissey
  • 581 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Awesome.

Spoiler

Other spam:
Spoiler

Edited by ShadowLink69, 13 February 2011 - 02:05 PM.

#3 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 02:26 PM

4. Flaming

When a user purposely posts in a way that is degrading towards a user or a group of people, we need to make sure this is dealt with before things get out of hand. Instead of fanning the flames, please report the misbehavior and we'll get on it ASAP

Well, there go my racist jokes :/

#4 zevrom

zevrom
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:27 PM

Great guide likes the flaming part especially, Iuckly grave digging is not against the rules or wouldev gotten 2 warnings

#5 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Great guide likes the flaming part especially, Iuckly grave digging is not against the rules or wouldev gotten 2 warnings

Gravedigging is not against the rules in itself but if somebody decided to bump an old topic with a post which doesn't add anything to the topic it would fall under the spam guidelines and so could still be against the rules.

#6 I33t

I33t
  • 65 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 04:34 PM

Woash, so we can say anything as long as its true XD

#7 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:46 AM

Thanks SuperCharizard! I'm so going to necro the shit out of some threads now! Well, not now now, but sometime soon. Very, very soon Posted Image

#8 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:55 AM

Woash, so we can say anything as long as its true XD

It's a general rule, but you should know if you've crossed a personal and hurtful line.

#9 doosh

doosh
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

great guide!

#10 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:22 PM

great guide!

According to this guide, I'm not allowed to report you

But I am allowed to poke fun and call you a douche.

#11 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

great guide!

Anyone else find this post hilarious considering the content of the topic?

#12 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2011 - 04:11 AM

Anyone else find this post hilarious considering the content of the topic?

The username explains it though.

#13 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:29 PM

The username explains it though.

Very well, actually. I was hoping that it was his attempt to be clever.

#14 nickolas

nickolas
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:09 PM

Excelent guide!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users