56 replies to this topic

#1 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:15 AM

Hey, Codex

It's your friendly neighborhood mod popping in to make a couple announcements. Figured I'd compile them all in one place to make sure we're all on the same page with these, k?

1. Protect Your Passwords
You all know this, but I wanted to go ahead and take this time to reinforce this point. Luckily, we've only had one case of someone gaining unauthorized access to an account, and it was promptly handled, but that's one case too many. Let's keep those passwords safe, people.

2. Status Updates... Come On, People
You know those ads on Facebook that say "You have 2 matches on our dating app"? You know how annoying those are? That's how annoying spamming selling/buying statuses are.

We may have different opinions on what qualifies as spamming, but the point of a status update is to indicate when something about your status changes, not to be your personal billboard.

We're not making anything official, or making hard and fast rules about what constitutes status spamming, or even disallowing selling statuses... YET.

This is a call to everyone's sensibilities to tone it down on the status updates so we don't have to make a rule.

3. Time To Clarify Some TP Rules

2. You may not trade your neopet items/account/pets/neopoints for USD on the boards.

6. You may NOT sell anything that does not rightfully belong to you. This means that if you have scammed to get something, of used a fake login page, you may not sell it here.

Rule #2 is always in effect, and I'm getting tired of editing it out of threads and deleting statuses. If I see $ or USD in regards to Neopets goods, that's breaking the rules. Everyone gets a freebie, but if I see the rule broken multiple times or after a warning, I reserve the right to warn or temporarily remove Trading Post rights.

Rule #6 is a serious one. We've had some people try to duck and weave the rules, but I'll go ahead and make things abundantly clear if they are not.

Disallowed to be traded on Codex:
-CG'ed accounts
-Hashed accounts
-Unregistered email accounts
-Accounts you stole from an ex because they were a dick anyway
-Items/NPs/pets from any of these accounts

If we catch it early, you may get a warning, but this is absolutely not tolerated on Codex. If you knowingly deal in these products, you run a real risk of losing your access to the Trading Post, and in serious cases, Neocodex itself.

Conclusion
That's really all I've got for you folks at the moment. If you feel anything needs to be clarified, feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to do so.

--JC

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:19 AM

I agree with #2 but I predict it's going to take a few warnings before people get the message.

#3 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

I agree with #2 but I predict it's going to take a few warnings before people get the message.

I'm really hoping we don't have to make an official rule about it >:|

#4 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

Damnit.

Also thanks for the clarifcation on the Status updates :) Nice first Announcement Jc :D

#5 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 11:38 AM

Haha cool you can make a thread in here :D

Well noted, I won't sell all the stuff I scammed off Georgina.

*sells his FAERIE LENNY elsewhere*

#6 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:04 PM

WOO-HOO to new status rules.
Maha keeps making them ads every damn 15 seconds.

Edited by Internet, 07 March 2011 - 12:04 PM.

#7 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:10 PM

Posted Image

#8 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:30 PM

Awww... but but but.... I got most of the stuff on his account for him so TECHNICALLY its mine lol :p

Maybe make a rule on selling/trading and who/when someone can? Like new users that aren't trusted here at all... If we make it so they have to have like 100 posts first to sell/buy something here then it gets them to be more active on the board and to be more trusted, thus making it EASIER for them to sell/buy things from others since that sort of trust is there. Even if it is small trust, it is none the less trust. Plus it helps out our community here and gets more active members on daily! Specially during the day where its so slow usually here :( Sucks for those of us who can't get on at night lol

Edited by Yukixx, 07 March 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#9 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:38 PM

Likelihood of people this applies to reading this topic? 5-10%

#10 Nearx

Nearx
  • 506 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 02:40 PM

Maybe a mass PM needs to be sent out to everyone telling them to come read this often xD

#11 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:11 PM

If we make it so they have to have like 100 posts first to sell/buy something here

I'm pretty sure that's been batted around, but there are some people that come here solely for the trades... and some of them are legitimately well-respected traders.

If we forced a low limit, it might end up causing more spam.

I know, but I feel like I had to put something out there officially before I started being a dick about things...

...that and I can't edit the appearance of the board at all, so the rules on top of the TP are staying the way they are.

#12 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Great announcement JC, i totally agree with the spamming of the status updates too mate. Its good to see you guys are trying to keep on top of it all. Top work.

#13 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 04:15 PM

Thank you for posting an announcement!. I love rule #2, it saves a lot of peoples butts :)

#14 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:46 PM

so when is Rule #2 going to be put into effect//when will the mass deleting of users advertising statuses begin?

{the most horrid typo. ever O.O}

Edited by ilovepolkadots, 07 March 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#15 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

so when is Rule #2 going to be put into effect//when will the mass deleting of users advertising statuses begin?

{the most horrid typo. ever O.O}

Rule #2 has always been in effect. When dealing with USD it is to be done through Private Messages.

#16 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:01 PM

So we were never allowed to sell via status messages? Oops. My bad Posted Image

#17 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:08 PM

Hey, Codex

It's your friendly neighborhood mod popping in to make a couple announcements. Figured I'd compile them all in one place to make sure we're all on the same page with these, k?
2. Status Updates... Come On, People
You know those ads on Facebook that say "You have 2 matches on our dating app"? You know how annoying those are? That's how annoying spamming selling/buying statuses are.

We may have different opinions on what qualifies as spamming, but the point of a status update is to indicate when something about your status changes, not to be your personal billboard.

We're not making anything official, or making hard and fast rules about what constitutes status spamming, or even disallowing selling statuses... YET.

This is a call to everyone's sensibilities to tone it down on the status updates so we don't have to make a rule.

Rule #2 has always been in effect. When dealing with USD it is to be done through Private Messages.

(^)

i am talking about the topic at hand

Thank you for posting an announcement!. I love rule #2, it saves a lot of peoples butts :)

while its nice that you appreciate the announcement, it would be awesome if you actually read it :)

#18 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:12 PM

(^)

i am talking about the topic at hand

while its nice that you appreciate the announcement, it would be awesome if you actually read it :)

I think they got confused with rule #2 trade posting vs. announcement #2 made by JCR

#19 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

I think they got confused with rule #2 trade posting vs. announcement #2 made by JCR

can't you see i'm being a grump
:x3:

#20 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:40 PM

can't you see i'm being a grump
:x3:

Oh sorry :o I'll let you be a grump again :)

:shutup:

#21 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

I did read the announcement, and the saving butts was referring to the trading with USD as search engines do pick up on the conversation. PM's make it a lot more private.

You are most correct, I had thought that she was referring about the USD.

#22 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

From the current statuses.. Very few people have read #2.. I wish they'd stop already.

#23 jcrdude

jcrdude

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:46 PM

Prime offenders PMed with link to this thread...

#24 Snowneo

Snowneo
  • 216 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

Thank you Jcrboy, you are a very essential part of the community!. Thank you for everything you do

#25 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 10:24 PM

NEOPETS IS SRS BUSINESS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users