What's your favourite SNES game ?

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

My favourite is by far Super Mario Land 3: Yoshi's Island, I know it's childish but back then those graphics for me looked amazing.
I know there are a lot of THE best SNES GAMES on the internet but there are lot's of games that aren't well know but still fun to play.
I used to collection SNES but know I play them on my PS3 :p.

Edited by ToxicS, 31 October 2011 - 10:23 AM.
tweaked title, got irritated every time I looked at it.

#2 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:07 AM

Mega Man X, hands down.

It was the first game that I legitimately played through, and felt dedicated enough to play through multiple times. It's still one of my more favourite games of all time.

#3 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

Chrono Trigger, I loved how you could start a new game with your old stats & equipment. *drools* the DS remake wasn't much different, but still enjoyable nevertheless

#4 Wesley

Wesley
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:21 AM

Super mario RPG haha
i would love to see a new version of that game

#5 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 09:45 AM

Earthbound is the runaway winner. FF6 (or 3 if in NA) is probably my next fav. Then it's chrono trigger

#6 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Super mario RPG haha
i would love to see a new version of that game

o0o0o, yeah, had there not been a level cap at 30, that would have been my favorite game for sure.
I'd love to see a remake as well minus the level cap of course, with maybe an extra 'world' like going to smith's (I think that was his name) world and fighting enemies there

#7 bluehawaii19

bluehawaii19
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

I had an SNES growing up but honestly can't remember my favourite game on it. Probably any of the Mario ones like Mario Kart (I remember playing that one a lot). I also really liked the Goof Troop one and there was a Mickey Mouse one I enjoyed as well.

I remember Mario's Time Machine was a good game but I never beat it on the SNES (did on the computer). Another one I really like was about an Asian boy who did karate (I think) and went around collecting items and fighting bad guys (can't remember the name of it).

Edited by bluehawaii19, 07 April 2011 - 10:34 AM.

#8 ThisisInsane

ThisisInsane
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:11 AM

Chrono Trigger, new game+, multiple endings, epic characters and story. What didn't this game have?

#9 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

Chrono Trigger, new game+, multiple endings, epic characters and story. What didn't this game have?

a damn good sequel,
I hate how square enix moved to sony l(FFVII and onwards & chrono cross)

#10 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:34 PM

Kirby Super Star or Super Mario RPG, with Yoshi's Island as runner-up.

Also, It's not Super Mario Land 3, it's Super Mario World 2.

Also also, this isn't a debate.

#11 bluehawaii19

bluehawaii19
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:22 PM

Yep, definitely Yoshi's Island was a favourite of mine. I loved that game.

#12 iceberg2477

iceberg2477
  • 353 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 02:11 PM

sheesh.. ive spent soooo many hrs on super mario world, mario kart, street fighter, and killer instinct

...but mario kart was usually the game of choice:thumbsup:

#13 Butet

Butet
  • 213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:08 PM

i dont have SNES O_o

#14 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 02:53 AM

I thought this was the most appropriate location to put the tread :p

#15 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:59 AM

does anyone remember this game where you play a boy that got turned into a 'ball' which can morph into different animals depending on what 'ball' he touches?
Each animal had their special attribute, i.e. dog would bark at enemies, cat would scratch, fish.....i think just was required to swim,
Claybuddies? Clayfriends...
All I remember was it had something to do with Clay =p
awesome game

EDIT: It just came back to me now CLAYMATES!!
=P, lol close enough I had the right synonym going.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Claymates

Edited by jonahfinn, 08 April 2011 - 04:14 AM.

#16 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:23 AM

I still have my SNES console and all my games (about 50 all up). My all time favourite would have to be either Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country OR Mortal Kombat for sure. I recently purchased an adapter so i can now play it on our 55" LCD TV hahaha. Do you realise how EPIC it is playing SNES games on a screen that big?! lmao

#17 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:25 AM

I still have my SNES console and all my games (about 50 all up). My all time favourite would have to be either Mario Kart, Donkey Kong Country OR Mortal Kombat for sure. I recently purchased an adapter so i can now play it on our 55" LCD TV hahaha. Do you realise how EPIC it is playing SNES games on a screen that big?! lmao

Apparently the wii can play it via an emulator +roms as well, but I cbf finding out how it's done or doing it myself =p
Neopets , uni and work already take up too much time

#18 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

bah the snes.... how i love that system it was so basic compared to all the systems nowadays it still gave me and my cousins a lot of fun time when we were younger

back to the original question though loved mario kart! basic and simple and not too many different things you have to think about

#19 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:03 PM

Super Mario World. I love all of the secret levels that you need to discover through the alternate exits in the worlds.

#20 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:18 AM

Final Fantasy III(VI)

#21 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:52 AM

its so weird but although the systems were a lot more basic back then they were very enjoyable whereas nowadays they try to up the ante too much and too much knowledge is needed in order to play some games instead of just enjoying the game

(thus why i enjoy little big planet hahaha)

#22 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:47 AM

its so weird but although the systems were a lot more basic back then they were very enjoyable whereas nowadays they try to up the ante too much and too much knowledge is needed in order to play some games instead of just enjoying the game

(thus why i enjoy little big planet hahaha)

I agree. Even though the N64 wasn't the most advanced of systems in terms of graphics, some of the storylines were just incredible. Super Mario 64 and Banjo-Kazooie are just classics that I return to again and again.

#23 simplicity155

simplicity155
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:58 PM

although i saw that they are incredible i think it would be hard to move back to games that are storyline based. if the game is just like mariokart or something simplistic then i could go back and play it on the snes but supermario for example i would have to play it on a new console purely for graphic reasons.

#24 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:05 PM

Duck Hunt.

#25 sdjaks

sdjaks
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Kind of like the classics so definitely Mario Kart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users