Photo

How to get rid of your HTS junk?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:44 PM

I'm curious on your method of getting rid of HTS junk? By junk, I mean UB, but not in demand. I know I can give it to a reseller, but that's not a very good alternative. What do you do?

#2 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:46 PM

Put in shop
Price at 99999
???
Semi Profit

#3 Tarabyte

Tarabyte
  • 230 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

^ that. Or auction it off at a reseller price. I don't have patience.

#4 Puppetmaster

Puppetmaster
  • 905 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:48 PM

Buy out the entire market, raise the price by 1000+%, and start trading them off to people on the trading post who ask for 'extreme overpay in HTS'

#5 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

Meh, was hoping for some answers that I didn't know. You can keep posting, but thanks for the help.

#6 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:02 PM

Yeah sorry, there's no special method to becoming rich. It's all patience.

#7 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

You can find some newbies who have like baby pbs and are kinda new to the whole ETS/HTS system and trade for ETS. But that's kinda mean.

#8 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

Yeah I've found that offering them to people for random stuff (it would have to be an over offer) is the best way to go.

#9 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

<br />Yeah I've found that offering them to people for random stuff (it would have to be an over offer) is the best way to go.<br />

That actually sounds like a good idea.  *tries*

Edited by samcoconut, 13 April 2011 - 10:23 PM.

#10 italkaboutoddthings

italkaboutoddthings
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 10:45 PM

This is one of the few aspects in this particular genre of gaming that annoys abers/cheaters. Your face becomes brittle red when you see yourself sniping an item with an initial value of greater than 200k. But do an unconcerned/unwitting general public this particular items intentional price declines. So what can you do to resolve this matter?

1. Board advertisement particularly at 4-7NST. Why this time? Highest traffic of log in, highest prioritized time of board chatting. Boards such as battle dome, avatar, selling/trading or even shops are a great place to undergo finding a person with an initial interest in your particular item.

2. Trading/Auction HTS: Let’s be honest here, one may say patience is” key” to selling an item. But realistically, this time gap can span up to months or years. Not only does it waste an important space in your inventory, just the smear look at it lingering there. Not selling on a day to day basis pisses you off to the extreme, bashing your head into the keyboard. Solution? Ultimately one of two, tag your item at a 40%-60% less. Let’s be honest a 1k-10k item selling for a fraction multiple times greater is a win in my book. Second abortively find NOOBS, sounds bad? HELL NO. Why? Your a cheater, who the hell cares if you rip off a kid. Your conscious hurts, brah/dudette if anything your teaching them a life lesson in gaming. “Learn the game, nubcake”

3. Save: Many HST items become an opportunistic asset. What does that mean? Perhaps you preserve this item for the long run, holding back that aching urge to sell. At one point you may see that item as a key item for many things such as: Kads, FFQ: Plot items, potential avatar items, retired items. In the end if it can’t sell save it anyways. You might get lucky, and it might inflate.

4. If you can’t sell it, use it as a token of appreciation. “Buy your friends”, friends are important in neopets. It sustains your authenticity legit prestige. The more you bribe, no more friends you have than the more hype you have. What is the key to this? Getting rep is important, you are more likely to get aid from TnT than an average joe, with no links no support.

Why did i make this guide? I was bored AS HELL. Everyone of my roomies left me, since their exams have been complete. So i am a lonely boner, with so much time on his hands. Thank you!

From ITALKABOUT ODD THINGS ( peter ) !!!

#11 GeorgeBright

GeorgeBright
  • 503 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:00 PM

I've sold things that were technically ub but not by much for 99999 in my shop a few times before.
The one time I've been fortunate enough to rs an item that was valued in the millions, it was very hard. I even googled the item and neomailed people who had it listed on their petpages as a wanted item. Of course, no one had the money to buy it though. A lot of people low-balled me, and after I lowered the price numerous times to no avail, I finally sold it for a price that was less than half of what it's listed as on the item database (though it hasn't been priced in years, so I'm guessing it's not quite worth that much).

So yeah, if it's only worth only a few 100k, just sell it for 99999k and save yourself the trouble.
In the millions? The profit is such that it might be worth putting the work in and neomailing/making a topic on the neoboards.

#12 danielfromburn

danielfromburn
  • 492 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

Yeah sorry, there's no special method to becoming rich. It's all patience.

Nice philosophy.

#13 samcoconut

samcoconut
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Woot! Noobs do buy things occasionally. Got a triage of randomly freezing rays for an item worth 250k. Nice.

#14 Abigail

Abigail
  • 329 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 12:46 AM

This is one of the few aspects in this particular genre of gaming that annoys abers/cheaters. Your face becomes brittle red when you see yourself sniping an item with an initial value of greater than 200k. But do an unconcerned/unwitting general public this particular items intentional price declines. So what can you do to resolve this matter?

1. Board advertisement particularly at 4-7NST. Why this time? Highest traffic of log in, highest prioritized time of board chatting. Boards such as battle dome, avatar, selling/trading or even shops are a great place to undergo finding a person with an initial interest in your particular item.

2. Trading/Auction HTS: Let’s be honest here, one may say patience is” key” to selling an item. But realistically, this time gap can span up to months or years. Not only does it waste an important space in your inventory, just the smear look at it lingering there. Not selling on a day to day basis pisses you off to the extreme, bashing your head into the keyboard. Solution? Ultimately one of two, tag your item at a 40%-60% less. Let’s be honest a 1k-10k item selling for a fraction multiple times greater is a win in my book. Second abortively find NOOBS, sounds bad? HELL NO. Why? Your a cheater, who the hell cares if you rip off a kid. Your conscious hurts, brah/dudette if anything your teaching them a life lesson in gaming. “Learn the game, nubcake”

3. Save: Many HST items become an opportunistic asset. What does that mean? Perhaps you preserve this item for the long run, holding back that aching urge to sell. At one point you may see that item as a key item for many things such as: Kads, FFQ: Plot items, potential avatar items, retired items. In the end if it can’t sell save it anyways. You might get lucky, and it might inflate.

4. If you can’t sell it, use it as a token of appreciation. “Buy your friends”, friends are important in neopets. It sustains your authenticity legit prestige. The more you bribe, no more friends you have than the more hype you have. What is the key to this? Getting rep is important, you are more likely to get aid from TnT than an average joe, with no links no support.

Why did i make this guide? I was bored AS HELL. Everyone of my roomies left me, since their exams have been complete. So i am a lonely boner, with so much time on his hands. Thank you!

From ITALKABOUT ODD THINGS ( peter ) !!!

thanks for this :)
what does it mean by buy your friends?
like make a board saying "giveaway!!!!"?
cause those are against the rules... apparently.

#15 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 01:25 AM

Put in shop
Price at 99999
???
Semi Profit

This is what I do for items in the 100k-400k range. For the others I advertise on the boards and welcome the resellers.

#16 crelde

crelde
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 03:41 AM

Put in shop
Price at 99999
???
Semi Profit

Exactly what i do as well, too impatient to advertise :)

#17 Darkthrone

Darkthrone
  • 188 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

When I was legit I loved dealing with HTS, yeah it can be frustrating at times but you can make a lot of cash also...

My method was say I obtained something from restocking/sniping or low balling from the TP, then I would keep in mind the initial cost of buying it and begin to trade it off on the boards/post say I had an item that was worth 250k but I knew I had only paid 50k for it then you could trade the item + 50-100k and "overpay" for another item, I managed to end up with millions in assets by doing it this way then you can start selling these items off at a perceiveably huge discount... If you managed to follow that well done, but I hope you at least got the idea of what im saying.

#18 RKO

RKO
  • 590 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 April 2011 - 10:07 AM

anything HTS that is on the tp for under 250k is in my shop for 99,999 almost immediately.
Anything 250k-1 mil I price as 120-300k
anything over a million, I try to sell by advertising like crazy. Very annoying and a big waste of precious time but in the end, I come away with about 50%-75% of the items actual price. Not bad IMO.

some semi HTS things like wearables, I put into huge lots and wait for people to send in offers.

I've tried offering my HTS on ETS but I always get rejected so I stopped wasting my time doing that.

#19 Tech

Tech
  • Banned from trading - DO NOT trade with this user!

• 64 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:52 PM

Discount highly or just sell in your shop. If you have a load up of many many unsold HTS I would just put them all in shop for 99k unless they are worth much much much more than hat and just post in Trading/Auction board and advertise

#20 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:00 AM

If it's around 100 - 300k, and it's really hard to sell, as the posters have said before, put it in your shop. Once i had to get something for I-Quest 34 (A HTS Gardening Item that looked awful), but saw it was 300k on the TP, and no one was online. I went to the shop wizard, found one for 99k and instantly nabbed it.

Also, if you like collecting random things, then offer your HTS for something that you like (like another HTS item). I found that offering my HTS items to random things work out really well. You never know that the item you're offering is the item they are looking for too (it just doesn't say in the wishlist).

Edited by contour, 16 April 2011 - 07:02 AM.

#21 AyoForYayo

AyoForYayo
  • 503 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:15 AM

I just put it in my shop I'm too lazy to waitttt

#22 sharpeye767

sharpeye767
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

The best way to sell HTS is to get about 4-8 HTS items (make sure you buy them cheap) then make a FA (fun auction) and post on the TC board. I do it all the time and usually make 400k profit from the 4-8 items i have up for auction. Just make a topic on the TC board and then keep bumping it until your auction is over. Works great.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users