Photo

Favourite Childhood Toy

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:52 AM

What's your favourite childhood toy? The one that you would show off to your friends, or play with it all day without getting bored, or the one you begged your parents like crazy to get it for you. Here's mine.
Posted Image & Posted Image

DAMMMNNNNNNN~!!!! I totally forgotten that Titanus the Carrierzord was THAT EPIC!!!! I can't believe I destroyed these toys when I was growing up. I absolutely loved Titanus. I begged my mum to get it for me for MONTHS before she finally agreed. The first series of Power Ranger was the bomb. Good ol' days. I want these toys back. :(

Edited by rhexis07, 04 May 2011 - 05:41 AM.

#2 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:30 AM

Pokemon Cards. Hot Wheels.

#3 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

I am impressed son; for a new member you've actually created a very interesting post with some thought and work put into it. Instead of the typical "herp derp" title and "dittly derpty doo" text... +rep

Anyways; my child-hood toy was the Tomas the Tank Engine Rail-Way set. Id spend hours (alone) making different tracks and playing; may sound silly xD but thats what kids do. I still have the set actually, its in a giant tub outside my room. When i have kids i plan on giving them the set and hopefully they will get the same enjoyment from them that i did.

#4 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:16 AM

lol at Thomas the Train. Sometimes I forget I'm a little older than yall.

Me and my sisters had a whole bunch of WWF and X-Men action figures from the 90's. There would be all kinds of drama happening, it wasn't just smashing them against each other. It was like a twisted soap opera dreamed up in the warped minds of little girls. Wolverine and Chris Benoit were best friends.
My favorite was Rogue, she wouldn't take shit from anyone.
Posted Image
We never let our friends play with our toys. Other children could only be trusted to break or ruin your prized possessions. All toys were passed down to my baby brother who was born in 92', so they are in very used condition, but I also plan on handing them down to my own children along with a huge Harry Potter toy collection I've accumulated in my adult years...

#5 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:19 AM

Furbies......lmao AND POGO STICKS!!!
I also used to have a telescope and an easy bake oven that I used constantly.
And those "rare crystal" making kits.

Oh....and I was always afraid of dolls and such thanks to Childs play, toy soldiers and the cruel children of my babysitters.
Especially barbies.... they would all be fucking destroyed if there were any in me and my sisters room xD

Edited by oreo12, 04 May 2011 - 06:27 AM.

#6 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:37 AM

My stuffed Crayola Easter bunny was my favorite toy. I took that shit everywhere :p

#7 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

My stuffed Crayola Easter bunny was my favorite toy. I took that shit everywhere :p

I had a Simba doll I took everywhere :D

Edited by oreo12, 04 May 2011 - 06:42 AM.

#8 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

like pyro, Thomas the tank engine wooden train set!! not sure where most of my tracks went, but i still have the magnetic trains.
I used to build tracks all around the house, it was pretty much one big circle.

I moved onto hot wheels/match boxes (toy cars) and constructing lego vehicles to smash into eachother. =D Whichever car/vehicle remained upright or most intact for lego vehicles would in.

#9 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:11 AM

I remember I was obsessed with a marble set I had (It has a structure). It was epic.

Of course there was my power ranger action figures as well, white power ranger was my favorite

#10 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:13 AM

I remember I was obsessed with a marble set I had (It has a structure). It was epic.

Of course there was my power ranger action figures as well, white power ranger was my favorite

I have one of those from the 90's

Drop a marble in the top and it goes down different paths, funnels, tubes and that shit?

#11 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

I have one of those from the 90's

Drop a marble in the top and it goes down different paths, funnels, tubes and that shit?

Yeah, it was great. I also had a bunch of dinosaurs I would play with in the bathtub; I would also make "potions" because my dad would go on many shows and stay at hotels and get all sorts of samples of lotions conditioners and shampoos.

I think I had alot of xmen action figures as well, silver surfer being one of my favorites

#12 Xwee

Xwee
  • 994 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Posted Image

I spent months and weeks trying to save every penny and dime and coin i could find. Then got it for my 8th birthday. Was so very happy. Mine is missing the little leaf color, but I still have it (kind of) that is if blaze ever gives it back when I win custody of my daughter whom is the one now in possession of it.

#13 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Yeah, it was great. I also had a bunch of dinosaurs I would play with in the bathtub; I would also make "potions" because my dad would go on many shows and stay at hotels and get all sorts of samples of lotions conditioners and shampoos.

ahahaha, 'potions' I made em all the time as a kid.
I mixed medicine, various shampoos, oils, milk, then I'd smear it all over any bugs I found in the backyard.
I would then get some yarn and make a trail leading up to said smears and light up one end of it with a match.
=p, and that was how I learnt about flammable liquids.... =D

#14 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:21 AM

Posted Image

I spent months and weeks trying to save every penny and dime and coin i could find. Then got it for my 8th birthday. Was so very happy. Mine is missing the little leaf color, but I still have it (kind of) that is if blaze ever gives it back when I win custody of my daughter whom is the one now in possession of it.

I also had a stuffed animal around when I was 8, it was this monkey. It's a shame I can't find it anymore, but it was my favorite :/

ahahaha, 'potions' I made em all the time as a kid.
I mixed medicine, various shampoos, oils, milk, then I'd smear it all over any bugs I found in the backyard.
I would then get some yarn and make a trail leading up to said smears and light up one end of it with a match.
=p, and that was how I learnt about flammable liquids.... =D

My potions were just restricted to having them in the bathroom :p, never put it on anything.

#15 ilovepolkadots

ilovepolkadots
  • 724 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:47 AM

Posted Image
(^) this was my younger self's favorite toy (minus the shopping card - didn't have that)
back in the day when my family did not own our house we lived in a trailer
and i would drag my kitchen set out into the living room (apparently i was more interesting than tv - or my parents pretended at least)
i would sing and cook for everyone - they pretended to eat the things too :D
this picture is a newer version, but mine was definitely the same set up
no sounds or lights or anything - i made all the sounds myself from the timer ding to the eggs crackling

my brother (4yrs my senior) burned this in some bonfire he had
it had been out in the yard for some time, but i miss it

Posted Image
(^) later it would be Polly Pockets
now these were the toy i showed my friends and thought were just awesome
the people were so tiny and all of the cases had a special room or movement

(^) that reminded me of Mouse Trap
Spoiler

i could never win that game x.X

#16 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:49 AM

GUYS this is tooo cute. My favourite childhood toy was the gameboy pocket ! LOL.

That and the local neighbor's gun.

Edited by Derriere, 04 May 2011 - 07:54 AM.

#17 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

Oh my god I forgot all about those. Those little plastic shopping carts with all the little food were so great : D I would flip plastic burgers in mini pans for everyone.

Edited by oreo12, 04 May 2011 - 08:38 AM.

#18 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:10 PM

Oh my god I forgot all about those. Those little plastic shopping carts with all the little food were so great : D I would flip plastic burgers in mini pans for everyone.

They had that at my preschool :p Was fun to pretend cook

#19 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

I am impressed son; for a new member you've actually created a very interesting post with some thought and work put into it. Instead of the typical "herp derp" title and "dittly derpty doo" text... +rep

Anyways; my child-hood toy was the Tomas the Tank Engine Rail-Way set. Id spend hours (alone) making different tracks and playing; may sound silly xD but thats what kids do. I still have the set actually, its in a giant tub outside my room. When i have kids i plan on giving them the set and hopefully they will get the same enjoyment from them that i did.

Oh wow. Thomas the Train! Hahaha. It's great that you actually still have the set. I'd love to have all my old toys back in mint condition again. I checked Titanus on eBay and a mint one would cost about $200 USD. If I had the money, I'd buy it again just to have it displayed in my room. I wish I cherished my toys a little more when I was little rather than destroy all of it, but then again, toys were meant to be destroyed when we were little boys and girls. And thanks for the rep! :D

Posted Image
(^) later it would be Polly Pockets
now these were the toy i showed my friends and thought were just awesome
the people were so tiny and all of the cases had a special room or movement

Polly Pockets! It may sound a little gay, but I actually played a little of this when I was young. Of course, I don't own them. My female cousin does. We were pretty close back then, because she was one of the only 2 cousin within my generation. I did, however, have my share of the "Guy" Polly Pockets. It was MIGHTY MAX!

Posted Image

I remembered having the Snake one light blue one, 2nd from the left at the top, and that gray one, first from the left at the 2nd row. Whenever I fell sick and had to see the doctor, my parents would always buy me one of these to cheer me up. (I actually enjoyed falling sick, since everytime I did I would get a new toy.).

Never knew this topic would be so enjoyable. Keep them coming guys! Nostalgic FTW.

Edited by rhexis07, 04 May 2011 - 05:02 PM.

#20 LrCz

LrCz
  • 23 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 08:22 PM

Hot wheels and dinosaurs aww yeeah

#21 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:28 AM

Oh, another Power Ranger fan! I actually missed your post.

Yeah, I adore White Ranger as well. I had the White Tiger as well as the Sabre toy too! It's a shame, they're all broken and thrown out. I wish Toy Story 3 came out 13 years earlier...
Spoiler

My friend had the 5 rangers's Zords of Season 2, so we would always get together and combine my White Tiger with his 5 Zords. :D

#22 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:32 AM

I didn't really have toys as a child :/ Like if you go into my house, there are no toys. I got electronics when I was about 7, but before then I mostly just watched TV or did stuff outside.

I did enjoy board games; but those required me to be at school or at my cousin's house, who had tons of board games.

My favourite had to be some random game where you had to cross a rickety bridge (back and forth) with some treasure, and each round you had to press the button to shake the bridge, and if you physically fell off the bridge, you had to start over. t'was a blast.

#23 Observ

Observ
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:04 PM

I loved Crayons and coloring books :) :x3:

Edited by Observ, 06 May 2011 - 05:04 PM.

#24 CuriousOyster

CuriousOyster
  • 371 posts

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:17 PM

Posted Image

Believe it or not, this is the exact one I had!
Never knew what happened to it though...

#25 giraffe

giraffe
  • 182 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 09:54 AM

(^) that reminded me of Mouse Trap

Spoiler

i could never win that game x.X

Shit, I could never get that game SET UP to play correctly.

I was always more of a board-game/video game type of person. I wasn't really too much of a 'toy' person, per say. I did love playing with marbles, though. More fun than the plastic marble sets was the old dot-matrix printer paper that we had left over (after we got a newer printer). I used to tape long streams of paper up around the room and put marbles on them to make enormous marble tracks. It was so ghetto now that I look back on it, and the hippie in me cringes at the wasted paper, but I thought it was the best, because it was ALL what I wanted to do, rather than having to use some stupid little plastic set.

I did have a furby that I loved for a few months before it went crazy. It started blinking and whirring all the time. It was creepy at night when I was trying to sleep, so I left it in my closet until the battery died.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users