• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:56 PM

Why would it be illegal? It poses no harm to others and is purely a defensive peice of kit. I regularly see doorman, cash in transit staff and other various security personell wear it.

I regularly wear one as part of work and can tell you they offer little/no protection from most firearms. If someone has a rifle or automatic weapon you're gone for.

The best peice of protection cover wise is large blocks of brick, solid metal or jelly funny enough. Never hid behind a car door as only a peice of tissue paper offers less protection,

#27 LOLButter

LOLButter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:26 PM

If I really had to choose I would go for something like a riot shield of kevlar as thick as possible.
As for making it on the spot, I think if you found the right material, filling a wetsuit with some sort of jelly could provide good results.

#28 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

Who the fuck knows why it would be illegal. Australia has some pretty stupid laws.

Isn't a taser also illegal?

you can buy them anywhere here in town.army surplus stores, i jacked 2 plates from afghanistan years ago. plates/ vest are dime a dozen if you know where togo/ look

imyself would never wear a vest, mobility over armor. i'd rather be more mobile than wear a vest (yes i know fromexperience) armor is heavy and stupid. if i get shot, well i was dumb for getting shot, not for not having a vest.

So, not wearing a vest makes you fast enough to dodge a vest? Nice

Chosing to not wear amour is probaby the stupidest choice you can make. Guns can spit out over 100 bullets a second, and many have over 20 bullet clips. How hard is it to get one lucky bullet in when your trying to shoot back or change cover?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users