Photo

Best way to sell expensive items

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Niino

Niino
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:39 PM

So ive been getting items thats worth more than 99,999nps and dont know how to get rid of them without letting them go for cheap

tried trading post but it just sits there, hey do y'all sell faster?

#2 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:41 PM

advertise in the trading thread, throw it in the auction and hope for the best.

That's all you can do.

and by trading thread I mean trading boards on the neoboards, not OUR trading boards

#3 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:44 PM

sell it for a decent bit cheaper than anyone else is asking to make a quick sale... That or just be patient and hang tight. =/

#4 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

I would like to add something about throwing it into the auctions. Before putting items valued over 100K into auctions, you should research whether the item is HTS or ETS. Normally when I'm actioning ETS items, I start it off at 80% of the price and the item would normally climb to really close to what the selling price is. If it's hard to sell, I just give up and auction it for 50% to 25% as the starting price. For example, I often AB HTS Usuki dolls. They cost 800K at the TP. I normally auction them starting at 200K with increments of 25K. Normally the final bid is only at 225K, but it's a BETTER profit than from low-offering resellers.

#5 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

Auction it for waay less, trading post, and be patient.

#6 Niino

Niino
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:57 PM

Ok thanks for the tips i have low patience so auction for cheap sounds best

#7 Darkthrone

Darkthrone
  • 188 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Or I can buy them all at 45% TP xP

#8 DenyingSystems

DenyingSystems
  • 578 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:45 PM

Or I can buy them all at 45% TP xP

You wanna buy my HTS crap for 45% of TP price? You have a deal.

To OP, just undercut the TP and advertise on forums.

#9 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:57 PM

Advertising to resellers is the best way in my opinion, the offers suck, but it's cash.

#10 crtitcmeerca

crtitcmeerca
  • 510 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

I guess it depends on how much you are willing to make. Some people get their hands on lots of HTS items above 100k, and dont want the hassel or are impatient. If thats the case, and are willing to accept a loss, just sell them in your shop for 99,999. You wont make as much profit, but its better than leaving the item to rot in your safety deposit box.

On the other hand, if profit is your main concern, you can put it up and advertise it at the trading post and just be patient.

#11 thorgal

thorgal
  • 421 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 May 2011 - 11:32 PM

When you trade try to remember the names of the resellers so when you you'll AB an item next you can sell it faster.
What also works often for me but it takes time, is searching trough galleries with shop wizard , if a gallerie has a certain theme and your item fits in then you can contact the owner of the gallerie and try to sell to him for a reasonable price.
worked for me 20% of the time

#12 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 05:05 AM

I've found better luck in the auctions with the HTS items than in the TP, but that's just my personal experience.

#13 vurty

vurty
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

honestly just toss them in your shop and they will sell. if you're in a rush to sell. try offering them on an item in the TP that is easier to sell. after a little someone will accept.

#14 Tech

Tech
  • Banned from trading - DO NOT trade with this user!

• 64 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:01 PM

advertise on boards and don be too stingy with the price. you wont get full value most likely so I would sell to the best reasonable offer

#15 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:37 PM

Well, I always put my UB's in the auction house at 100K starting price with a 10K increase, therefore as long as the item sells, I'll make more than if I just put it in my shop for 99,999.

#16 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 04:31 AM

A comprehensive HTS guide would be really nice. I don't even know where to start with some of the garbage I have.

#17 Plunk

Plunk
  • Official Neocodex Dollface

• 545 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 06:15 AM

A comprehensive HTS guide would be really nice. I don't even know where to start with some of the garbage I have.

I'm writing a guide to selling right now, so if anyone else gets the idea to from this... don't. Okay? :thumbsup:

#18 Alexiel

Alexiel
  • Sieg Zeon!

• 2043 posts

Users Awards

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:02 AM

For me, it really depends on the item itself.
If it's just something like a plushie, clothing, toy, etc. that may or may not be HTS but is only worth 100k~200k then I'll just say screw it and sell for 99,999.
If it's something 'ETS' then I'll play the waiting game until it's been a couple weeks and (more than likely by that point) has dropped down to 100k~200k then into the shop.
Nermids, paint brushes, some morphing potions, etc. - waiting game, advertise on the NeoTrading Board.
Everything else, NeoTrading Boards, waiting game... if I'm not patient I'll take a reseller offer 40% of the time as long as it isn't something too low/retarded. Generally try not to sell for less than a 60% discount.

Just do your research, wait, advertise on NeoTrading Forum, and decide what is its absolute value to you - do you want quicksell (shop), accept resell offers (and just how low you're willing to go), or do you have patience of steal and want full value. Keep in mind sometimes greed can bite you in the ars also.

Meh, just my 2 cents. GLS. Posted Image

#19 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:47 AM

I'm writing a guide to selling right now, so if anyone else gets the idea to from this... don't. Okay? :thumbsup:

I am looking forward to this.

#20 sdapk

sdapk
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 09:14 PM

I'll look forward to that guide too.

As someone who's managed to get a few HTS items which have been estimated at several million, it's a bit hard to shift them.

Personally, I've stuck them on Auction for several hours at a few hundred thousand lower and see if they budge. I'd very much look forward to a thread which introduces tips and guides though, no pressure Plunk =)

#21 batryn

batryn
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 09:35 AM

I think it's this thread? http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1463241

#22 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:12 PM

just leave it at Trading post till someone offer you. they will =) or if u cant wait, advertise and throw it into auctions

#23 without123

without123
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:14 PM

Sell it for cheap or overoffer on an easy ETS item (Baby Pb's/royals pb's/Hpots) that jazz

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users