Quantcast

Photo

Which pets got the worst re-drawn looks after NC mall was incorporated?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#26 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:55 AM

That's good to know.

You're probably right about the sad/angry mood changers, because a couple months ago I saw someone saying their UC pet turned into a blue or red converted pet.

Whoever said it lied! Probably they never had UC. UC's are immune to all the color changing RE's!

#27 Joanna

Joanna
  • 839 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 11:13 AM

These ones make me especially sad inside.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by jsteinberg, 31 May 2011 - 11:14 AM.

#28 Ame

Ame
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:27 PM

Whoever said it lied! Probably they never had UC. UC's are immune to all the color changing RE's!

^^ this.

Quote from Editorial, issue 439:

In the news on April 15th you stated that Unconverted Neopets are now immune from colour-changing Random Events. I can safely say that everyone is completely ecstatic about this! We really can't thank you enough! However, just to ease our minds, I want to clarify a few things. When you say "some loyal users," do you mean the account with the Unconverted Neopet has to be a certain age? Does this also mean that Unconverted Neopets are now immune to the Red, Blue and Invisible Random Events, as well as Boochi, the multi-coloured water Random Event, and any other possible future colour-changing Random Events? Please ease our troubled minds. (: Thank you again for such an absolutely wonderful perk! ~0o0slytherinpride0o0
You're quite welcome! :D To answer your questions, yes, they are protected from all colour-changing Random Events. As far as which ones are elligible for protection, well, we originally meant it to be just a loyal user perk for accounts X years old, but we decided to err on the side of programming caution and just make all Unconverted Neopets immune. We're sorry we extended your perk to them all, but we hope all you wonderful longtime players can forgive us. We're sure all those beautiful Unconverted Neopets out there appreciate you sharing your perk as well; it's thanks to your loyal years here that this happened. :)

Awww, yeah, plush Cys used to be so cute.

Faerie Pteris, too.

Posted Image to Posted Image

=(

#29 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

D: I've been living a lie all this time? Blast.

#30 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:07 AM

All the new Pteris look retarded. The UC ones actually looked like birds. These C Pteris look like some fat KFC shit.

#31 kenlim1991

kenlim1991
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 12:21 AM

Yeah faerie pteris look sort of like phoenix. Now they just look er.. fat bird.

#32 iomega

iomega
  • 1070 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:30 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

*sigh*

:(

#33 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

*sigh*

:(

The both Faerie looks are ugly <_<

But for the birdie pets I agree, the Plush Bunny also looks much better when tis UC.

#34 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:19 AM

May I just ask, which newly drawn pet looks better than a UC?

#35 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:26 AM

May I just ask, which newly drawn pet looks better than a UC?

Regular/ basic scorchios look better converted than UC imo (they're less fat) :p

Basic draiks also have a better posetoo imo. Wasn't too fond of the tail thing in UC basic draiks

that's about all that comes to mind at the moment....

#36 Shirlyn

Shirlyn
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Oh, that's interesting, I didn't know that mood could change colour. Does this apply to converted pets also?

Yeah, they turn red when they're angry and blue when they're sad.

#37 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

i think that meerca had the worst effect. they just look like fat balls rather then a cute springy hamster =/

#38 Hardy

Hardy
  • 62 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:58 PM

Why did TNT go an redraw them all? Did they ever give a reason? I mean, they have to know they look terrible as well.

#39 Shirlyn

Shirlyn
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 07:44 AM

Why did TNT go an redraw them all? Did they ever give a reason? I mean, they have to know they look terrible as well.

Lol, the reason is simple enough, they want money~

#40 Hardy

Hardy
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

Lol, the reason is simple enough, they want money~

So they redrew the pets to look like shit?

#41 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 08:54 AM

So they redrew the pets to look like shit?

They redrew them, because of the customisation.

And there are some pets that actually look good converted

Posted Image---> Posted Image

#42 alkjdksjdldskjsdakl

alkjdksjdldskjsdakl
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

All the blumaro's in my opinion

#43 Carialle

Carialle
  • 289 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

Definitely the Alien Aisha :(
Why TNT? It got autoconverted...
Posted Image------------>Posted Image

#44 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:06 PM

I think they're telling the truth. Pets changing colors to blue or red isn't a random event. I remember someone morbidly abusing their pet (i.e. never heal sickness) and their pet changed color to blue. There was never a random event to say that they changed color. Correct me if I'm wrong, please

I totally agree with the Alien Aisha autoconvert. I was really disappointed *sigh*

Edited by Keil, 08 June 2011 - 02:08 PM.

#45 GarenaMaster

GarenaMaster
  • 346 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:27 PM

Skieth is :p

#46 Hardy

Hardy
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:05 PM

They redrew them, because of the customisation.

And there are some pets that actually look good converted

Posted Image---> Posted Image

Ahhh! Got it! I prefer the old pets over the customization anyway... I don't do much customizing.

#47 MisterDerp

MisterDerp
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 05:39 PM

I think they're telling the truth. Pets changing colors to blue or red isn't a random event. I remember someone morbidly abusing their pet (i.e. never heal sickness) and their pet changed color to blue. There was never a random event to say that they changed color. Correct me if I'm wrong, please

I totally agree with the Alien Aisha autoconvert. I was really disappointed *sigh*

I vaguely remember there being a random event that said something like, "Name looks kind of sad. In fact, he looks kind of blue. Maybe you should play with him?"

Edited by MisterDerp, 08 June 2011 - 05:40 PM.

#48 ThreeDollarBill

ThreeDollarBill
  • 252 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

Lutaris actually looked like cute happy animals that could swim and stuff... now, they are just like beavers with the stupid fist pose D;

#49 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 05:40 AM

It shows as RE and all the UC's are immune.

"Unconverted pets are now immune to random events that change their colour (this includes, for example, the event that turns your pet Blue if it is too sad). Why is this good? Because it means you can have an Unconverted pet as your active pet without the fear of it becoming Converted in a spell of random bad luck."

~JN

And screenie of the RE

Posted Image

~SN

#50 Frowny

Frowny
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:53 AM

There are a lot of pets that I'm sad to see changed but the Ixi...
From this
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
to this
Posted Image
how??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users