Quantcast

Photo

Which pets got the worst re-drawn looks after NC mall was incorporated?

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#51 cornymikey

cornymikey
  • 160 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:58 AM

I remember that my goal pet was a darigan hissi back in the day. It was really badass before the NC mall

Edited by cornymikey, 09 June 2011 - 10:59 AM.

#52 Guest_idonotexist_*

Guest_idonotexist_*

Posted 09 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

I'm really not all that bothered by conversion. I'm pretty much obsessed with Grundos, have been for years. They were hardly affected by the conversion, they look practically identical except for their hands being closed, instead of open. (Which I did like but -shrugs no big deal)

I think Kacheeks and Chias got screwed the most overall. I think it's their body shape and hands that kill it for me, they used to be more rounded and pudgy and their hands just look...horribly drawn.
Mutant Kacheeks and Chias were one of my favorites.

I think the pet I'm most annoyed about is the RoyalGirl Poogle. They were above and beyond my favorite Royal pet, even over Royal Grundos. I always wanted an UC RG Poogle that was male because they remind me so much of Drag Queens. ;D I love it and I want one. :(

Posted Image Posted Image

Granted it does look more...manly with those enormous bushy eyebrows. Always wondered why they don't have eyelashes / eyeshadow...

Edited by Thefuzio, 09 June 2011 - 02:55 PM.

#53 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:20 PM

I agree with the royal poogle *__*

#54 iChelsea

iChelsea
  • 88 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

wtf....all of them. no seriously, i can't name one new pet that looks better.

here is a page with all the species but not all the colors
http://www.neopets.com/~oldneopets

and fun fact, if you search the species on the search feature on neopets it shows the old icon

on a side note, remember this

explore

Edited by iChelsea, 09 June 2011 - 03:39 PM.

#55 fruityone

fruityone
  • 346 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 03:56 AM

I really loved old bruces, any colour. They used to look so adorably chubbily cute but now they just look like they have a weight problem. Also, UC RG acaras were AMAZING. I mean the converted ones are one of the better royals in my opinion but peanuts compared to the old ones

Posted Image

#56 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:37 AM

I really loved old bruces, any colour. They used to look so adorably chubbily cute but now they just look like they have a weight problem. Also, UC RG acaras were AMAZING. I mean the converted ones are one of the better royals in my opinion but peanuts compared to the old ones

agreed. I love Bruce too. I remember when Christmas Bruce came out, I wanted it sooo badly! I'm a sucker for Christmas, and it was so freaking adorable.

Posted Image

I dislike how the current pets have their colours painted on to them directly for every single colour, without any change of shape or anything. Every pet now looks kind of boring... Especially all the new Dargians, Faeries, and all the nicer paint brushes..

And I miss my Baby Uni.

Posted Image

I know that the Christmas Bruce is about the same as a normal Bruce of the UC, but it is just freaking adorable. Anyway, is there any site where I can view ALL the old painted pets? Right now all I see are the possible UC painted pets, but I would like to know if there is a site that shows every single old pet colours.

EDIT: Found a site. http://www.boomspeed...pers/petcolors/ if any one wants to see all the old neopets colour.
DOUBLE EDIT: The site only has pets up to 2003... doesn't have the new colours and the newer painted pets. Any other sites will be much appreciated. :(

Edited by rhexis07, 10 June 2011 - 08:20 AM.

#57 iChelsea

iChelsea
  • 88 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:01 AM

agreed. I love Bruce too. I remember when Christmas Bruce came out, I wanted it sooo badly! I'm a sucker for Christmas, and it was so freaking adorable.

Posted Image

I dislike how the current pets have their colours painted on to them directly for every single colour, without any change of shape or anything. Every pet now looks kind of boring... Especially all the new Dargians, Faeries, and all the nicer paint brushes..

And I miss my Baby Uni.

Posted Image

I know that the Christmas Bruce is about the same as a normal Bruce of the UC, but it is just freaking adorable. Anyway, is there any site where I can view ALL the old painted pets? Right now all I see are the possible UC painted pets, but I would like to know if there is a site that shows every single old pet colours.

EDIT: Found a site. http://www.boomspeed...pers/petcolors/ if any one wants to see all the old neopets colour.
DOUBLE EDIT: The site only has pets up to 2003... doesn't have the new colours and the newer painted pets. Any other sites will be much appreciated. :(

So that site has all the old ones, but not the new ones? Or are there some old ones missing?

#58 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

This is my source for checking out pet colors. If there is a UC for it, it will list it.

http://neocolours.me.uk/

#59 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:51 AM

Posted Image

About the only Converted pet I love.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Though these two and several other Mutants have really benefited from the conversion.

#60 Arial

Arial
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:51 PM

I miss old neo :/
Good memories in Elementary school

Jetsam and Flotsam I think benefited the most however from the conversion.
Draiks as well, & I know a lot of people prefer the old Aishas but I REALLY like the converted Aisha look better.

Favourite new one is perhaps Mutant Acara, it looks all demony like a bamf!
xD

Least favourite...hmmm there are so many >.<;
New Halloween Lupe or almost all the new Darigan ones :/

that Lupe Runic posted is also ugly as balls x_x

#61 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

This is my source for checking out pet colors. If there is a UC for it, it will list it.

http://neocolours.me.uk/

Yeah I have been to that site, but it only lists the UC that is available now.

I'm looking for a site that provides ALL old pet and their different painted colours.

EDIT: Oh nevermind. I figured out to use it. Lol. Thanks. :)

Edited by rhexis07, 10 June 2011 - 06:19 PM.

#62 Runic

Runic
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

that Lupe Runic posted is also ugly as balls x_x

to each their own. =)
I like it cause it reminds me of the African Wild Dog colourations. ^^

Edited by Runic, 10 June 2011 - 06:22 PM.

#63 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:30 PM

Posted Image

About the only Converted pet I love.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Though these two and several other Mutants have really benefited from the conversion.

I agree with you about one or two pets benefiting from the conversion, but I feel like most of the mutants lost their distinctive "ferocity" when converted.

#64 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

This UC Mutant Grarrl looks like it's drawn by 3 years old. Lol.

#65 rraven

rraven
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:59 AM

^lol at the mutant grarrl.

quiggles are hideous. they weren't particularly cute before but now they are mortifying.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 Arial

Arial
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:04 PM

to each their own. =)
I like it cause it reminds me of the African Wild Dog colourations. ^^

That's fair enough :p

This UC Mutant Grarrl looks like it's drawn by 3 years old. Lol.

haha aye, but there's something charming about those old drawings!!!
Lookin' at you Tatsu design!

#67 mintos

mintos
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 11:48 PM

I think they had to do that to make the clothes more "visible" but I really wish they would have just tried to do it with the originals. I just got back on Neopets today after a 3-4 year hiatus and this is my first time seeing this.

My response: WHY

#68 Miley

Miley
  • Banned from Trading - Do not trade with this user

• 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:15 PM

Meercas,Kourga's and Most Xwees are some of the ugliest pets now,espcially the baby kourga.What were they thinking?

#69 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:30 PM

Meercas,Kourga's and Most Xwees are some of the ugliest pets now,espcially the baby kourga.What were they thinking?

I pretty much agree with you except for the Xweetok. Even though they're not as fuzzy as before, they're still one of the more appealing pets compared to the previously UC two legged pets who are now forced to bend down in all fours by TNT's greed and lust (for money with NC). Baby kougras aren't that unly. They're creepy looking, but they're still decently looking.

#70 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:41 PM

why don't they just give people a choice of what picture displays on their lookup? that way the wearable items people can have their hats and the i-don't-want-a-dog-in-a-sweater people can have more interesting poses and details

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#71 Ame

Ame
  • 14 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

Baby kougras aren't that unly. They're creepy looking, but they're still decently looking.

Current baby kougies look like they ought to be strapped into a foam helmet at all times.

IMO the paintbrush that got the most screwed was the ROYALS. 99% of the royals look better unconverted. Why why why why why why why did they do it to the poor royals. -.-

#72 Kido

Kido
  • 1046 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:22 PM

Posted Image

I'm not gonna lie. The robot still looks pretty cool imo :p

Posted Image

Cutest thing ever. o.o I always found bruces ugly but that totally changed my mind :p

Agreed. Many of the mutants are drawn better now imo. Maybe not great poses but the art has improved.

As for links. I thought everyone knew this place: http://www.neocolours.me.uk/

#73 BAUNILY

BAUNILY
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

Now they aren't the charm they were before. It pissed me off a lot.
Same shitty pose.

#74 essie

essie
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

I can't stand what they did to the Kyriis. :(
I think conversion as a whole was just a big fart.

#75 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 12:36 PM

I personally hate the redrawn Royal Myncis :X

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users