Quantcast

What happened to all of the fun PC games?

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

As a couple of people have mentioned, if you like the Sims, I would definitely recommend trying out Spore. The first couple of stages are pretty boring in my opinion, but once you reach the civilization and space stages, the game becomes really, really fun.

#27 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

As a couple of people have mentioned, if you like the Sims, I would definitely recommend trying out Spore. The first couple of stages are pretty boring in my opinion, but once you reach the civilization and space stages, the game becomes really, really fun.

I completely forgot about spore. I pirated it a year or two ago and fell in love with it.

If you like the Sims, definitely would recommend it. I also need to buy a legit copy of this game. :<

#28 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

I suggest minecraft....
and to the people playing singeplayer offline, you still gather the materials? lolol.
i use this site:
http://nathancmatthews.com/mcinvedit/
i just recently discovered mods and such, makes life much more easier. currently building a rollercoaster lol.

#29 ToxicS

ToxicS
  • 2580 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:09 PM

I suggest minecraft....
and to the people playing singeplayer offline, you still gather the materials? lolol.
i use this site:
http://nathancmatthews.com/mcinvedit/
i just recently discovered mods and such, makes life much more easier. currently building a rollercoaster lol.

terraria = much better

#30 Pavement

Pavement
  • 429 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

I second Terraria. Awesome game.

#31 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 05:43 AM

I forgot to mention this, but if you enjoy older console games you can download an emulator and play those with an xbox 360 controller (ps3 controller as well, maybe?). I used to play a lot of Super Smash Bros. 64 online. You can play pretty much any N64 game online, as long as someone wants to play with you.

If you like the TES series, you might wanna give those games another run-through before Skyrim comes out.

Edited by soulshin3, 06 July 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#32 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:39 AM

I don't understand how people can plays sims or 'the sims', especially they are all so boring and redundant to me, am I missing some source of enjoyment of watching time go by?

#33 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:18 AM

I don't understand how people can plays sims or 'the sims', especially they are all so boring and redundant to me, am I missing some source of enjoyment of watching time go by?

The Sims 1 for PS2 and Life Stories actually had story modes to them. You actually had to do certain objectives to advance to the next house. No other sims games have that though, afaik.

Playing TS3 though is more about watching your family progress through the generations. I've never played TS2, but I'm assuming it's more or less the same thing.

#34 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 07:23 AM

The Sims 1 for PS2 and Life Stories actually had story modes to them. You actually had to do certain objectives to advance to the next house. No other sims games have that though, afaik.

Playing TS3 though is more about watching your family progress through the generations. I've never played TS2, but I'm assuming it's more or less the same thing.

I bought TS3 and I got sick of it after 3 days, I don't know how anyone could make it to the next generation lmao.

#35 soulshin3

soulshin3
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:14 PM

I bought TS3 and I got sick of it after 3 days, I don't know how anyone could make it to the next generation lmao.

You mentioned SC2 earlier, if you like SC2 I'd suggest Civilization 5. It's a turn based RTS, and although it is turn based it is still pretty fun. If you're more of a micro person in SC2, I'd say try out some of the MOBAs. League of Legends, Heroes of Newerth, WC3's DoTA, and DoTA2 when it comes out.

Also, what race do you play in SC2? When I played pretty hardcore I was 'toss.

Edited by soulshin3, 07 July 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#36 Gen

Gen
  • Ye old gen

• 1871 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:15 PM

There are some awesome Paradox Interactive games, they like to make games that you need to think to do well. There's one called Supreme Ruler 2020, you get to control one of the world's country at 2020, and make diplomacy, get the country stronger or even go to war. I remember I played as Saudi Arabia and made it one of the best countries to live in the world lol.
I loved all the tycoon games (Except for Rolercoaster Tycoon 3, I dunno why, but I never really liked it). Also, there's Zoo Tycoon 2, in case you dont know. I never played it though...

Terraria got boring after I discovered cheats =( (And I even used to play online with friends)

#37 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:05 PM

A friend and I were actually discussing the dearth of good games at the moment. I think all the big studios are holding back release dates because they want to stretch their balance sheets. Recession hits everyone...

My friend said he basically hit a wall with videogames (he has a 360 and a Mac) where the same general stats were coming up, the same scenarios, the same type of level production.

More on topic, I've played minecraft, and it's not that great. Not at all. I suggest pokemon.

#38 Isca

Isca
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:27 PM

neo is the only fun pc game now, and its really not that fun anymore

#39 fritosman

fritosman
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:45 PM

There's Cities XL 2011, which is basically Sim Cities 4 clone. In comparison, Sim Cities 4 is much better in terms of gameplay, but Cities XL 2011 has very nice graphics, you can even enter a 3D 1st person view of the city.

#40 waggyshaggy

waggyshaggy
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 02:12 AM

For me right now... I'd have to go with (free game-wise) Dragon Nest for a MMORPG, and Terraria if you're into building :D

#41 Lallard

Lallard
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 09:30 AM

The good old RTS: Age of Empires, and the sequel. The third one didn't sell for me :( Wololo

Little Big Planet on the PS3 is fun if you're into platformers. Everyone was already ahead of me with suggesting Minecraft.

Edited by Lallard, 20 August 2011 - 09:34 AM.

#42 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:24 AM

What the hell is with people using all the out of game inv editors/not even using inv editors? (TooManyItems made those redundant ages ago) Half the fun of Minecraft is just building with no restrictions. There are mods out there that pretty much double the content of the game. Try them out to get the fullest of Minecraft.

Edited by Neoquest, 20 August 2011 - 11:26 AM.

#43 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2011 - 01:21 PM

What the hell is with people using all the out of game inv editors/not even using inv editors? (TooManyItems made those redundant ages ago) Half the fun of Minecraft is just building with no restrictions. There are mods out there that pretty much double the content of the game. Try them out to get the fullest of Minecraft.

For me, the funnest part is building up through hard work while trying to not die to the zombies. I also enjoy multiplayer a million times more then non multiplayer :p

#44 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

For me, the funnest part is building up through hard work while trying to not die to the zombies. I also enjoy multiplayer a million times more then non multiplayer :p

I really only enjoy running my own server if I'm going to play multiplayer. Working hard for your materials is fun, but if you actually want to build something where there is no possible way that you could do it without either cheating or wasting several days playing Minecraft, I usually cheat. I like to designate my worlds as either cheating or survival. Oh and Zombies? Really? They're only the easiest mob :p

#45 Eyams

Eyams
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 11:52 PM

just play starcraft. (:

#46 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

I loved Roller coster/ zoo tycoon, that's all I did when I was young xD
I don't think there's anything better out there :/

#47 mintos

mintos
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 11:17 PM

Attached File  dwarf fortress.jpg   16.89KB   0 downloads

There's not enough Dwarf Fortress in this thread.

I would also suggest Creatures 3 docking station as it's free and they have a complex form of genetics that can be toyed with. You cross-breed 'em and such.

#48 copley

copley
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:15 PM

Omg Roller Coaster Tycoon brings back memories. That was the best.

#49 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Omg Roller Coaster Tycoon brings back memories. That was the best.

Best of the tycoons is Railroad Tycoon. Its the only one that actually makes you think. For goodness sakes, these are tycoon games, not "lets see how creative you can get with building stuff" games.
They should be focused on creating a buisness, making money, and achieving goals.
Therefore Railroad Tycoon is best. You can even play stock market, issue bonds, start company takeovers. Lovely

#50 tutfisken

tutfisken
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:58 PM

I totally agree with TS, where have all the great games gone???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users