Anyone else gaga for Gaga?

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#1 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:49 PM

So I've never been a huge fan of lady gaga... I always thought her music was rather catchy and she was definitely... unique. (Particularly in appearance/behavior) I got an email from amazon offering me her new album for a dollar so I went ahead and grabbed it.

So far, I actually really like it! (Granted, I've spent most of the past few days really listening to the half I enjoy the most... but meh. :p) She really drops some sick beats on those tracks! As a former longterm fan of electronic music, I really appreciate the beats and the mix together. I also found this album to be quite sexual in nature. (I think one line that really sticks out at me is something like "I want your whiskey mouth all over my blonde south.") :drool:

Anyways, all you shameless gaga fans come out of the closet! There is a topic now! :p

Cody

#2 fxckyouguys

fxckyouguys
  • 836 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:51 PM

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I don't care what anyone says, she's fantastic.

#3 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

All music costs $0

#4 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 12:53 PM

Born this way is hilarious, but seems kind of a cop-out for a "gay anthem".

Judas is kinda pointless but it's sooooo catchy :p

Edge of Glory has very good vocals, as does Hair.

Liz loves Scheisse though :p

#5 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

All music costs $0

Yeah... but some artists I actually do like to support by buying their music. Free music is good for music I'd never really buy or music I just want to listen to a couple of times to delete later. blahblahblah... (As an aside, Amazon actually gave me the album for free. I guess because they had so many issues with other people downloading it...)

I think my favorite is Heavy Metal Lover... I also really like SheiBe (cba to locate the beta symbol. :p), Edge of Glory, and Government Hooker.

#6 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:49 PM

Another facepalm moment.

What has the world came to?

#7 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

I can't. I can't talk about it. I have too many feelings.
Posted Image

#8 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:06 PM

Another facepalm moment.

What has the world came to?

A) Lady gaga has some killer beats.

B) Music is of a subjective nature much like preferences in food. I may like pizza while you may hate it. Thinking it's stupid for people to like Lady Gaga is ignorant.

C) I'm much more concerned about what the world has come to when people can graduate from public schools in this country and still not have even the most basic of understandings of the English language.

#9 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

Rep for you, buddy.

Gaga is just.. Gaga. I love her, not much else I can say. :x3:

#10 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:13 PM

There is a long story that goes with my love for Gaga, but I will spare you all.
This new albumis really fun. So good to work out to. I also like how the cover is the absolute most stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. (And I've seen Weird Al perform live.)

The only song I dislike is "Bad Kids".
Brian fucking May plays guitar on "You and I" for fucksake.

#11 Blueberry

Blueberry
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:15 PM

Its okay if its in a three way
Its not gay, if its in a three way
when theres a honey in the middle theres some leeway
its okay, if its in a 1 2 3 way!

The Golden Rule.

#12 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

Its okay if its in a three way
Its not gay, if its in a three way
when theres a honey in the middle theres some leeway
its okay, if its in a 1 2 3 way!

The Golden Rule.

Posted Image

#13 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 31 May 2011 - 03:19 PM

Posted Image

#14 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:44 AM

Judas is kinda pointless but it's sooooo catchy :p

I was never a fan of Lady Gaga, until I heard this song, then I absolutely hated her guts. I've been told you can only hate people you want dead and this is definitely someone I hate. That song is absolutely the worst I have heard.. fuck this Rebecca Black Friday shit, Judas makes me want to rip out my ears and shove them up my ass. I don't care if she release 40 #1 hits that sound amazing. Nothing can replace that torn hole in my heart from this song.

#15 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:48 AM

.I also like how the cover is the absolute most stupidest thing I have ever seen in my entire life. (And I've seen Weird Al perform live.)

Wait what? He's awesome live.

#16 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:49 AM

I was never a fan of Lady Gaga, until I heard this song, then I absolutely hated her guts. I've been told you can only hate people you want dead and this is definitely someone I hate. That song is absolutely the worst I have heard.. fuck this Rebecca Black Friday shit, Judas makes me want to rip out my ears and shove them up my ass. I don't care if she release 40 #1 hits that sound amazing. Nothing can replace that torn hole in my heart from this song.

It must have been the line, "Even when three times be betrays me" That always bothered me too, because it wasn't Judas who denied Christ thrice, it was Peter. Glad someone else caught that.

#17 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:02 AM

It must have been the line, "Even when three times be betrays me" That always bothered me too, because it wasn't Judas who denied Christ thrice, it was Peter. Glad someone else caught that.

I always pay infinite detail to song lyrics so it's no surprise. On that note,

now I can't breathe
when I'm not breathing with you
I can't sleep
when I'm not sleeping with you
can't you see
I can't take a pee
when I'm not peeing on you

#18 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 01 June 2011 - 06:17 AM

Eh, shes okay.

#19 buttcheeks

buttcheeks
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

i prefer a cheesegrater and chalkboard

#20 rapmastahc

rapmastahc
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:06 PM

She's K. I don't really love her or really hate her. She's just k.

#21 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

I don't like her. She copies music from others and I simply don't like her. I dont like her singing. She's ugly. I don't seem what's so good about her. She doesn't have AAA-mazing tits. She doesn't have a sexy/perfect body. Heck, who would want to have sex with a freak? She's fake and she sucks. Face it, her voice sounds like a almost dead cat shoved into feces. She's just so freaking ugly. omg. I can;t even describe her looks. She looks like a freaking mouse. She has a huge ass mole. She is not hot, she doesnt sound good. I don't get what the eff is all this hype about her. Her songs have no fucking meaning. Just commerical songs that have a unnatural catchy tune. Analyze the lyrics, its all stupid. Shes crap. Shes just another whore from a slut house that knows how to sing a little.
like cmon. pokerface? i dont give a dam about a poker face. that seriously has no meaning. bloody mary? really now? REALLY?

flameshield: ON
Posted Image

#22 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

I don't like her. She copies music from others and I simply don't like her. I dont like her singing. She's ugly. I don't seem what's so good about her. She doesn't have AAA-mazing tits. She doesn't have a sexy/perfect body. Heck, who would want to have sex with a freak? She's fake and she sucks. Face it, her voice sounds like a almost dead cat shoved into feces. She's just so freaking ugly. omg. I can;t even describe her looks. She looks like a freaking mouse. She has a huge ass mole. She is not hot, she doesnt sound good. I don't get what the eff is all this hype about her. Her songs have no fucking meaning. Just commerical songs that have a unnatural catchy tune. Analyze the lyrics, its all stupid. Shes crap. Shes just another whore from a slut house that knows how to sing a little.
like cmon. pokerface? i dont give a dam about a poker face. that seriously has no meaning. bloody mary? really now? REALLY?

flameshield: ON
Posted Image

Okay, I really don't like Lady Gaga much because I think she's a terrible songwriter, I will give you that, but you've touched on something that I just don't get.

Why the hell does appearance MATTER when it comes to music? Better yet, why does drug use matter? It's the same thing with Amy Winehouse. I have met people say that they refuse to listen to her music because she's a crackwhore. What, would they refuse to listen to Clapton because he binged for a decade and he isn't handsome? He's a brilliant freaking guitarist. Yes, Lady Gaga's not great looking (in mine and obviously your opinion) and yes, she has had an eating disorder and has done drugs, but how the hell is that in any way relevant to music?

I just really don't understand why you need to go on about her being a whore. Why... does... it... matter? I really am suspecting trolling, but I'm going on anyways because I have known people in real life who feel the same way who were being sincere. You should never like or dislike music for such superficial reasons as appearance. Music is about soul, it's about mathematics, it's about poetry. There are so many levels to analyze it. To be so closed minded is tragic.

#23 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

Okay, I really don't like Lady Gaga much because I think she's a terrible songwriter, I will give you that, but you've touched on something that I just don't get.

Why the hell does appearance MATTER when it comes to music? Better yet, why does drug use matter? It's the same thing with Amy Winehouse. I have met people say that they refuse to listen to her music because she's a crackwhore. What, would they refuse to listen to Clapton because he binged for a decade and he isn't handsome? He's a brilliant freaking guitarist. Yes, Lady Gaga's not great looking (in mine and obviously your opinion) and yes, she has had an eating disorder and has done drugs, but how the hell is that in any way relevant to music?

I just really don't understand why you need to go on about her being a whore. Why... does... it... matter? I really am suspecting trolling, but I'm going on anyways because I have known people in real life who feel the same way who were being sincere. You should never like or dislike music for such superficial reasons as appearance. Music is about soul, it's about mathematics, it's about poetry. There are so many levels to analyze it. To be so closed minded is tragic.

cause people said she looks hot and i dont get how she looks hot. look in the hot and cute girls thread. they posted MULTIPLE gaga photos. they just disgust me.

#24 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:52 PM

cause people said she looks hot and i dont get how she looks hot. look in the hot and cute girls thread. they posted MULTIPLE gaga photos. they just disgust me.

Okay, that's fine but... she's not a model, she's a performance artist. They don't need to look pretty :p People have different tastes in women and you need to accept that. Sometimes people really like the androgynous look.

#25 5MGEDOHC

5MGEDOHC
  • 937 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:38 PM

Whats interesting is that she hates her music but only does it cause she knows it will sell and boy it does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users