Photo

Why are people such assholes?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#26 gwalle

gwalle
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:34 PM

I'm not exactly sure of all the details but my parents told me some idiot uninsured driver (kid probably late teens) drove his car into the side of a house they bought and completely destroyed like half the bottom floor. Luckily they were still renovating it so that they could have renters move in, but I saw the damage and it was INSANE. The kid probably would have tried to run from the scene had it not been for the fact that his car was stuck in someone's living room... his parents were pissed but they did eventually pay up for the damage (and it was a gigantic bill)

Probably why the US should change their license laws to 18 years instead of 16.

16 year old shouldn't be allowed to go out, solo, in a 1 tonne death machine (what cars are in inexperienced hands). If you are still deemed unable to responsibly drink alcohol at 16, how can it be justified you can own a machine which can cause more damage than any alcoholic substance?

#27 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 08 October 2011 - 09:39 PM

I remember one time I was going to visit my father.

I was going up a one way road.

Some dumbass in their SHITTY ASS CAR decided to go down the road the WRONG WAY.....SPEEDING i might add.

They drove me into a bunch of bushes, and I almost hit a tree D: Thankfully I only got away with a shit-ton of leaves stuck in my hood and a massive scratch on the side of my car.

And just tonight some idiot decided to turn OUT of a street where it wasn't allowed. They almost took off my driver's side mirror D:

Edited by KRG, 08 October 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#28 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

16 year old shouldn't be allowed to go out, solo, in a 1 tonne death machine (what cars are in inexperienced hands). If you are still deemed unable to responsibly drink alcohol at 16, how can it be justified you can own a machine which can cause more damage than any alcoholic substance?

I'm not exactly sure how it is in the US. but in Estonia to drive with your license when you're underage you need somebody 18+ with a driver's license in the passenger's seat or it's a fine when you're caught.

Not allowing 16 and 17 year olds to drive at all seems a little harsh.

#29 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'm not exactly sure how it is in the US. but in Estonia to drive with your license when you're underage you need somebody 18+ with a driver's license in the passenger's seat or it's a fine when you're caught.

Thats what its like here too. You need a fully licensed driver with you when you're on your Learners (16+) and are fined with instant loss of Learners permit if found driving without a fully licensed driver. We also have restrictions on what sort of cars that people with a Learners or Provisional License can drive.

Edited by Strategist, 09 October 2011 - 12:16 AM.

#30 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:28 AM

haha funny thing, this happened to me. I was cruising along the highway and some douche in his hotted up ricer zoomed past me doing at least 160Km/h in a 100 zone. Got to the next set of lights and there he was. I waved which pissed him off more.... but what was the funny part? He dropped a burnout at the intersection not realising there was a cop two cars back..... bahaha karma's a bitch hey

Got one of those while moving to Wisconsin. Coming up through Illinois, you get two lanes going either direction. I'm doing pretty risky business at 75 (they actually care there, by god!) and this little silver midget of a car (think it was a newer civic, but all stock parts, so it was even funnier) comes tearing up behind me. He weaves around me and the other cars around me, passenger waving like a jackass at us, and speeds off into the distance.

Not five minutes later, the whole pack of us blows past him, pulled over by Highway Patrol. The passenger was crying.

#31 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:30 AM

Got one of those while moving to Wisconsin. Coming up through Illinois, you get two lanes going either direction. I'm doing pretty risky business at 75 (they actually care there, by god!) and this little silver midget of a car (think it was a newer civic, but all stock parts, so it was even funnier) comes tearing up behind me. He weaves around me and the other cars around me, passenger waving like a jackass at us, and speeds off into the distance.

Not five minutes later, the whole pack of us blows past him, pulled over by Highway Patrol. The passenger was crying.

Hahaha always a gold moment when that happens hey! Karma certainly is a major bitch

#32 gwalle

gwalle
  • 79 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:33 AM

In Australia it is the same; 16+ with a Learner's permit you can drive so long as a fully licensed individual is in the passenger seat observing.

But in the US, they get their Full Licenses (at least, don't need someone looking over their shoulder) at 16.

#33 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 12:35 AM

Hahaha always a gold moment when that happens hey! Karma certainly is a major bitch

Yes. Karma also made sure that my dumbfuck coworker, who backed up without looking at full speed and rammed directly into (and slightly on top of) my hood, in a car he didn't own and wasn't on the insurance policy for, and who wasn't the least bit apologetic about it (sure, he apologized, but he was smiling the whole damn time, you know what I mean?), wound up getting fired from that job while I was away on a trip to get a better job. What'd he get fired for? Sexual harassment. Hah.

#34 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:12 AM

In Australia it is the same; 16+ with a Learner's permit you can drive so long as a fully licensed individual is in the passenger seat observing.

But in the US, they get their Full Licenses (at least, don't need someone looking over their shoulder) at 16.

Yeah the requirement for a full license is you having to be 18 over here.

#35 Debbie

Debbie
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 03:30 AM

MAN, bad drivers make me SO angry!!

I remember when I was on a driving lesson, and I was going round a roundabout, and some idiot didn't stop.. He then slammed his brakes on when he saw me, stopped dead in front of me (I'd already braked to a stop) and then got out his car, having a go at ME because "I'm supposed to stop for people to come on to the roundabout" I was like !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I know this is the case in some countries, but not here in England)...

Also, the amount of times I've almost been T-boned by LORRIES whilst I'm going round a roundabout is UNREAL! Seeing a lorry coming right up to the side of your car... That is some scary shit..!!

#36 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

So there was this one morning I was driving with a couple friends to get some McDonald's after a night of partying. We were driving up a hill, and this stupid guy in a pickup truck decided that was when he wanted to pass me. When he couldn't get up enough momentum to get up the hill faster than me (cruise control, can't say I was accelerating on purpose) he got really pissed. When he finally got around in front of me, he opened up the back window of his pickup and waved a handgun out at me. Scared the shit out of us.

I have a knack for narrowly missing catastrophic events. I have driven through the paths of 3 tornadoes minutes before they passed through (not on purpose). My most recent near death experience was on my way home from my parents' house, on the interstate. I saw this dust cloud coming up in the median, and all of a sudden this car bursts out of it and comes hurtling toward me. It hit my side of the interstate right behind me, flipped a few times, and the person driving behind me hit them. I immediately called my BF and my parents to tell them I loved them and was happy to be alive! :lol2:

#37 LOLButter

LOLButter
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 07:24 PM

It's not that young people are too young to responsibly drink, it's that consuming alcohol can be incredibly unhealthy at young ages and cause damage along the lines of permanent brain damage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users