Photo

Solving the Shop Captcha...

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:49 AM

I'm wondering how autobuyers (Abrosia, particularly) solve the shop captcha so quickly. Has the md5 been cracked? If not, what is the optimal way to go about implementing the OCR?

#2 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:50 AM

Your making this your first post on the forum?

Try socializing a bit and we might be able to talk :p

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Your making this your first post on the forum?

Try socializing a bit and we might be able to talk :p

It's not exactly a secret. :p

Just find the darkest pixel. That's not the method we use in Abrosia but it's a decent method anyway.

#4 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:05 AM

Well yeah, but i think that he could have atleast made an introduction post or committed in someway.

#5 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:07 AM

...or committed in someway.

That's my precise intention, my friend.

#6 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:13 AM

I do believe we have the ocr tackled pretty well :p

#7 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

I do believe we have the ocr tackled pretty well :p

100% accuracy is pretty well tackled, I agree. :p Although the one we currently use is only ~99.7% when we tested it.

#8 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:25 AM

Hmm... now I'm curious. Do you guys search for the sharpest contrast between neighboring pixels?

#9 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 09:32 AM

Hmm... now I'm curious. Do you guys search for the sharpest contrast between neighboring pixels?

We're not going to tell you how we do it...that would kind of negate the point of us taking the time and effort to do it.

#10 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 02:34 PM

I've always wondered with the Neopets captcha, they're not automatically generated, are they? I remember back in the day you used to see the same captcha all the time. If they do pull from the same collection, surely scanning the picture every time would seem a bit redundant. You'd only have to check 1-2 pixels to be able to determine where the coordinates to click are.

#11 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Me and soul have been collecting them

#12 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:29 PM

How does abrosia do it?

#13 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:09 PM

lol were not gonna tell you that xD nice try tho

#14 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:16 PM

Well I guess we'll have to start decompiling your attempts to obfuscate the python code. :(

#15 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 07:31 PM

I wish you the best of luck :)

#16 Melchoire

Melchoire
  • 5284 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

lol were not gonna tell you that xD nice try tho

Just curious...is it as fast as the darkest pixel method?

#17 artificial

artificial
  • 186 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 June 2011 - 11:59 PM

I'm assuming it's faster, else they wouldn't use it.

#18 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2011 - 12:12 AM

Just curious...is it as fast as the darkest pixel method?

It's about as fast but more accurate (maybe 10-20ms slower), we regard that to be a decent balance.

I'm assuming it's faster, else they wouldn't use it.

The darkest pixel method can work in like 1ms, it's difficult to get faster than that. :p We're talking about such minuscule periods of time though that it really doesn't make any difference in the buy process and a ~1% increase in accuracy is a lot more valuable than those few milliseconds lost.

#19 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:05 PM

It's not exactly a secret. :p

Just find the darkest pixel. That's not the method we use in Abrosia but it's a decent method anyway.

wow. i didnt think of that. i always tot that somehow abrosia found a way to bypass it ><

#20 evoheyax

evoheyax
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

This mentality of "trade secrets" is really annoying and counterproductive. Open source is the path forward, and those not embracing open source are hurting the community they claim to be helping.

I wrote a darkest pixel code and will release it to the public.

I don't see what you gain by keeping this a secret. Maybe pride? but its not like you can't be a 1337 programmer and not release your methods or strategies, or even code.

When Galileo discovered the world was not flat, did he say "oh, I know the worlds not flat, but no one else does, so I'm elite, and going to keep it that way". No, he said the world should know so we can evolve.

Communities work together, not keep secrets from each other. So I guess neocodex isn't a community like it's spouse to be.

// end rant

#21 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 03:51 PM

This mentality of "trade secrets" is really annoying and counterproductive. Open source is the path forward, and those not embracing open source are hurting the community they claim to be helping.

I wrote a darkest pixel code and will release it to the public.

I don't see what you gain by keeping this a secret. Maybe pride? but its not like you can't be a 1337 programmer and not release your methods or strategies, or even code.

When Galileo discovered the world was not flat, did he say "oh, I know the worlds not flat, but no one else does, so I'm elite, and going to keep it that way". No, he said the world should know so we can evolve.

Communities work together, not keep secrets from each other. So I guess neocodex isn't a community like it's spouse to be.

// end rant

Um...the last post here was in June of 2011, over 3 years ago. I doubt anyone here really remembers this topic too well anymore, and pretty much everyone has already left this conversation (since the last time anyone posted about it was 3 years ago).

#22 evoheyax

evoheyax
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:12 PM

Um...the last post here was in June of 2011, over 3 years ago. I doubt anyone here really remembers this topic too well anymore, and pretty much everyone has already left this conversation (since the last time anyone posted about it was 3 years ago).

thats fine, but i'll still voice my opinion. The information in  this topic is still relevant today.

#23 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:50 PM

thats fine, but i'll still voice my opinion. The information in  this topic is still relevant today.

Not really.

#24 evoheyax

evoheyax
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:13 PM

Not really.

So I just wrote my first captcha solver yesterday using information I got from this thread, and it works, and I have autobuyed with it, yet its not relevant?

Granted Main Shop ABing is overrated, but its relevant because I was able to use this information to accomplish a goal...

#25 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 02 December 2014 - 05:19 PM

It's fine that you made your own program with the information here, but since this is a 3 year old topic, and basically no one has talked about it for 3 whole years, this topic/thread is no longer relevant. It's not that what you've done isn't relevant, it's just that this topic is too old now. 

Anyone who posted during the time this thread was going, 2011, has not posted since, and thus has had no interests in the thread anymore. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users