Quantcast

Photo

Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty For Murder

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Poll: Casey Anthony Found Not Guilty For Murder (49 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think Casey Anthony was guilty?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#51 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:58 PM

As to your last question; The jurors were sequestered through the duration of the trial. (Weren't allowed to watch the news or anything like that.) I think it's amazing how obvious the prosecution lacked in evidence when you haven't been exposed to 24/7 media sensationalism such as "She did it!", "This is how she did it!", "Isn't what she did awful?", and "I hope they give her the chair so that little Caylee will get justice!". throughout the trial. :p

So true!! I was thinking that. I haven't really been watching much of the news about it, but hearing it so much at work I just assumed she was going to be found guilty. :p Funny how that is!

#52 talbs

talbs
  • 4084 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

But what makes me really sick is that whoever killed her is out free right now. RIP Caylee :(

Yeah, her mother. What is the state supposed to do now, go after the killer? Waste loads more tax payer dollars to search for the killer? No, that would be asinine, they all know the killer will walk Thursday after sentencing.

But on the bright side, at least Casey can go party and whatnot whenever she wants now.

Edited by talbs, 05 July 2011 - 08:59 PM.

#53 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

This whole trial makes me sick... Not for what happened... but for the sensational journalism following it. Do I think she murdered her daughter? I'm not sure. Do I think she was involved in the death or the coverup of her daughter? Most probably. Could I convict her beyond the reason of a doubt of the charges she faced? Absolutely not. (Besides the providing false information, obviously.) The prosecution simply did not meet the burden of proof in this case... There was no cause of death, there was no real motive, and the evidence that they did have was strictly circumstantial.

I'm glad the jury managed to remain objective in reaching their decision...

exactly how I feel.

#54 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Yeah, her mother. What is the state supposed to do now, go after the killer? Waste loads more tax payer dollars to search for the killer? No, that would be asinine, they all know the killer will walk Thursday after sentencing.

But on the bright side, at least Casey can go party and whatnot whenever she wants now.

I didn't say anything like that. O_o I was merely stating it's a sad thought the whoever killed her is free (and will most likely remain free), and I have no idea who

#55 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Im not really sure...but leaning to the guilty side

#56 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

on the plus side, this made whittling down my facebook friends even easier. just had to delete anyone who posted any sort of outrage at the decision :thumbsup:

#57 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 10:03 PM

i would rly like to hear her version of the story, like detailed and the tone of her voice. i hate news articles. they try to capture ur attention by making it sound like casey anthony is guilty. without the lure and action, readers would get bored.

#58 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:08 AM

i would rly like to hear her version of the story, like detailed and the tone of her voice.

Why? She's a pathological liar. I know a few people that lie about EVERYTHING, and I must say I find them so boring.

#59 Stunnerrunner

Stunnerrunner
  • 78 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:40 AM

I actually have to say, even though I still believe she's guilty, I understand where everyone comes from. No reason getting upset because nothing could be prover anyway. And you guys are right, innocent until proven guilty. But what gets me is that nothing can be done now. If she really was guilty, they can never bring her into court about this again, even if convincing evidence surfaces (I think that's how it works).

I'm not as mad now about the verdict. What's done is done. The reputation of everyone in that family is trashed. Cindy and Casey won't be able to walk down the streets without getting dirty looks. No one is going to hire them anywhere. Casey isn't allowed to make any money writing a book about this. Really, if it was better to be found innocent, where are the perks. The media has done irreversible damage. And like everyone said, whoever really DID kill Kayle gets to walk free. We'll never know for sure what really happened...

#60 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:41 AM

Her lying constantly about everything is about as much evidence of murder as the fact that OJ led that famous highway chase before turning himself in. It's really strange behavior, some might say brought on by guilt, but it is not evidence of murder.

They probably couldn't convict her of the manslaughter, because there was no actual proof the child had drowned. :/

She said, "The child drowned in the pool"

That was their defense. She didn't kill it, it just drowned....

In court the defense argued that the child died in an accidental drowning. "Casey did not murder Caylee. It's that simple," defense attorney Jose Baez told reporters after the verdict was announced

In court the defense argued that the child died in an accidental drowning. "Casey did not murder Caylee. It's that simple," defense attorney Jose Baez told reporters after the verdict was announced

They admitted that they drowned in the pool. Now its up to the court to decide just one simple thing. Is it manslaughter or murder?

Manslaughter is determined as killing someone without the intent to kill that person. For this case, the deffination that we would use would be "Criminally negligent manslaughter"

It occurs where death results from serious negligence, or, in some jurisdictions, serious recklessness. A high degree of negligence is required to warrant criminal liability. A related concept is that of willful blindness, which is where a defendant intentionally puts himself in a position where he will be unaware of facts which would render him liable.
Criminally negligent manslaughter occurs where there is an omission to act when there is a duty to do so, or a failure to perform a duty owed, which leads to a death.

Given that a 2 year old child was in the pool, and not being watched. This would apply in 90% of circumstances, given that she should be watching the child, as it is her duty as the mother.

But, on the same hand, we have a clause in the murder law that states that if you have a reckless disregard for life in a high risk situation, you are liable for murder.

Under state of mind (iii), an "abandoned and malignant heart", the killing must result from defendant's conduct involving a reckless indifference to human life and a conscious disregard of an unreasonable risk of death or serious bodily injury. An example of this is a 2007 law in California where an individual could be convicted of third-degree murder if he or she kills another person while operating a motor vehicle while being under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or controlled substances.

So it could be argued that she knew the child was at high risk for dieing, and choose to ignore that risk, with intent to kill the child.

This is what the jury should be deciding. They can't declare her innocent, when she admits guilt.

EDIT:

I looked at the florida statue.

(3) A person who causes the death of any person under the age of 18 by culpable negligence under s. 827.03(3) commits aggravated manslaughter of a child, a felony of the first degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084.

So. They should have been convicted of Aggravated Manslaughter of a child, 100% for sure, given the admission of guilt

#61 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:46 PM

It was claimed Caylee was under the grandfather's supervision when the drowning occurred, absolving Casey of such negligence.
Probably happened while Casey was at her imaginary job at Universal Studios.
Who knows.

#62 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:52 PM

Casey isn't allowed to make any money writing a book about this.

Actually, I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she can because she was acquitted... I also think I read that she's already planning to write a book? Can't remember..
Just like O.J. x_x Ugh

#63 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:22 PM

It was claimed Caylee was under the grandfather's supervision when the drowning occurred, absolving Casey of such negligence.
Probably happened while Casey was at her imaginary job at Universal Studios.
Who knows.

It couldn't be that.

They left their parents and she had a work assignment in tampa, while the nanny watched.

This is 100% bullshit. If she didn't kill her child, she wouldn't be lieing 24/7

#64 policepro

policepro
  • 47 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Didn't the judge say don't even consider that she drowned in a pool? Wasn't that just another one of her lies?
Or am I confused?

#65 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 03:38 PM

It couldn't be that.

They left their parents and she had a work assignment in tampa, while the nanny watched.

This is 100% bullshit. If she didn't kill her child, she wouldn't be lieing 24/7

#66 MeWantCookies

MeWantCookies
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

What's this about? You might want to provide some background information for those of us that have no clue.

http://en.wikipedia...._Caylee_Anthony

Not the most reliable source of info, but it's got the most information all in one place.

#67 Donaldmax

Donaldmax
  • 473 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:28 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7y42GkyWuY&feature=player_embedded

is that you? lol
saved and favorited lololol
this is so going on tumblr lol.

Edited by Sodium, 06 July 2011 - 04:36 PM.

#68 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 July 2011 - 04:30 PM

Awww, how special.

#69 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:29 AM

That's not true at all. Have you really not known someone like that? As Punk has already said in the topic, there are pathological liars who have just about everything they say be a lie. I really thought everyone had someone in their lives like that. I don't know if you watch the show, but a perfect example is Cartman in the Fishdicks episode. They almost make themselves believe it's true. It's such an ass backwards way of thinking, it's scary.

And it's not like they just do this on the internet, they lie to your face about things you could easily find out aren't true. I had one lie to me about her significant role in my sister's life when I was on a school trip with her. I caught her in a lie not knowing what she truly was and she fought so adamantly, I was honestly shocked. There are people like that and they say the most stupid things they could possibly think of. After reading about the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Casey Anthony was one of them.

#70 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

That's not true at all. Have you really not known someone like that? As Punk has already said in the topic, there are pathological liars who have just about everything they say be a lie. I really thought everyone had someone in their lives like that. I don't know if you watch the show, but a perfect example is Cartman in the Fishdicks episode. They almost make themselves believe it's true. It's such an ass backwards way of thinking, it's scary.

And it's not like they just do this on the internet, they lie to your face about things you could easily find out aren't true. I had one lie to me about her significant role in my sister's life when I was on a school trip with her. I caught her in a lie not knowing what she truly was and she fought so adamantly, I was honestly shocked. There are people like that and they say the most stupid things they could possibly think of. After reading about the case, I wouldn't be surprised if Casey Anthony was one of them.

Edited to be nicer... My point was to remind you of iargue before when he was iruleants... and the 'subway incident.' :p

#71 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

Edited to be nicer... My point was to remind you of iargue before when he was iruleants... and the 'subway incident.' :p

*grins* Oh, I know that very well. I hold that incident very close in my heart as it is oh so special <3

#72 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:38 AM

You have to stop this "edited to be nicer" crap. Ruins the fun when I get here late :p

#73 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:43 AM

Trial by media equals unequal justice system.

#74 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

I watched the case almost every day on In Session, and honestly there's no doubt she did it. Honestly, if she hadn't have done the crime, why would she try to plead insanity? Someone out there is going to kill that woman her first day out of jail I'm sure. God I hate jury trials.

Anyway, on a similar topic, if you care about this case or just the little girl involved, or children in general, I urge you all to go to here and sign the petition for Caylee's Law. If the law passes, a parent or guardian will have 24 hours to report a child missing. If they don't, they will face felony charges. This will prevent future crimes like the one committed on Caylee Anthony. Because, obviously, if her body would have been found earlier, a cause of death would have been found, and the killer would be locked away for good right now. I signed it, along with 500,000+ other individuals. Posted Image

#75 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:25 PM

There wasn't enough evidence, from what I heard, to prove her guilty of murder.
At least in America it is "Innocent until proven guilty" unlike Mexico, the only country I know of right now, which has it as "Guilty until proven innocent".

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users