Quantcast

Photo

Is there a way to make NeoQuest bearable?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:57 PM

I think it'd be fun if I didn't have to click to move one square...

#2 holaCarlos

holaCarlos
  • 290 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:03 PM

Are we talking NQI or NQII?

If II, Use an autotrainer to make level-grinding bearable, and a remote control to make navigating through endless maps bearable.
Good music never hurt.

Here's a good thread.
http://www.neocodex....to-beating-nq2/

#3 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:20 PM

I completely agree. It's so frustrating. I tried to play it the other day and I was like holy crap, why did I enjoy this so much when it first came out?? As hola said, an autotrainer is beneficial for all of the extremely mindless grinding. I believe I did that when II came out.

#4 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

:whistling: If the programming team can make the NQ Auto player from 95% to 100% then it would become bearable

#5 desiqtie

desiqtie
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

Don't play it? Lol. Really though, GM scripts are what got me through NQI w/o throwing my computer into the ocean. I played NQ1 w/o a remote control (b/c I couldn't find a good script) but the autotrainer was a sanity-saver.

The only bad thing is that if you have Firefox 5.0 the GM scripts for NQI don't work anymore. (Which is why I haven't started on Evil/Insane yet)...but I think the same(ish) scripts are available for Chrome. I think they're on userscripts.org btw.

#6 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

For NQI, I just clicked the arrows like crazy, have it on sneaking and the character moves heaps.

I don't think this worked for me on NQII though, but NQII is much easier and faster anyways.

#7 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:47 PM

I want to play it because it sounds fun though!

lol, I think I'd actually enjoy the experience if it played like an RPG on a DS.

#8 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

you really don't need to grind in nq2 if you stay on hunting the whole game
the problem is it isn't really worth playing anymore unless you actually enjoy it since the prizes are so deflated

nq1 I actually liked so I could play it with no scripts :thumbsup:

#9 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:36 AM

you really don't need to grind in nq2 if you stay on hunting the whole game
the problem is it isn't really worth playing anymore unless you actually enjoy it since the prizes are so deflated

nq1 I actually liked so I could play it with no scripts :thumbsup:

Yeah, I don't really care about the prizes, tbh.

#10 InFeeD

InFeeD
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:54 AM

The trophy!!!!

the prize for insane level used to worth a lots of nps :(

#11 RWS

RWS
  • 596 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:22 AM

Honestly I enjoyed playing NQII. Sure, it was a lot of mouse clicks, but the game was fun, especially in the higher levels when you could build up your party. Just put on some good music and relax :)

#12 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Yeah, I don't really care about the prizes, tbh.

Then aim for the trophies and avatars. NQII has 3 avatars, one being almost at the end and from there you'll just want to finish it.

Edited by koobe, 08 July 2011 - 05:47 AM.

#13 Tanuki

Tanuki
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:42 AM

I kind of enjoy NQ... I dunno why. Nostalgia for when it first came out and I couldn't play it because I was on dialup? Too many hours of MMOs and Final Fantasy games immunising me against pointless grinding? *shrug*

I play them for the gold trophies anyway. :x3:

#14 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:44 AM

I play NQ2 in bursts. It just depends when I feel up to it.

NQ2 Auto-Player would be great.

#15 Sinwin

Sinwin
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 10:58 AM

Couldn't get the scripts to work correctly. I keep getting the auto fled

#16 Shampoo

Shampoo
  • 295 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:31 AM

I re-googled the numpad nav script I've been using for nq2, it's simple enough to modify it for nq1. It will save your hands if you decide to manually play through all 3 times

http://userscripts.o...s/review/105314

#17 LemonSundae

LemonSundae
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 12:05 AM

Do you still get the prize for finishing NQ1 and 2 now?

#18 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:08 AM

Do you still get the prize for finishing NQ1 and 2 now?

There are no prizes in NQI and only completing NQII on insane gives you anything of value.

#19 MJK

MJK
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:24 PM

I don't understand why they didn't make it like Faerie Quest II, it would make everyone's life much easier if it had been embeded into a flash game rather than having to refresh the page every time you have to move a single square. Its even worse when I play on my laptop since I end up having to scroll down on the page every time to see the whole game screen...

#20 koobe

koobe
  • 591 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 07:47 PM

I don't understand why they didn't make it like Faerie Quest II, it would make everyone's life much easier if it had been embeded into a flash game rather than having to refresh the page every time you have to move a single square. Its even worse when I play on my laptop since I end up having to scroll down on the page every time to see the whole game screen...

I had that same issue on my monitor, I just zoomed out so I could view the whole page. Don't have to able to read the text, just remembered where to click.

#21 ElPinapple

ElPinapple
  • 204 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

I bet a flash game'd be a lot tougher to make.

I'd totally play one though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users