Photo

7 Billion

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:20 PM

I blame the Indians. Any country that can breed with such vigor that they increase their population by over a million in just one month terrifies me.

Oh Lordy. And aren't Indians always strict on their kids about sex and stuff?

#27 Chalk

Chalk
  • 311 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 07:59 PM

Lawl. It'd be cool if they could track which baby it was. Obviously that's a little impossible.
I'm putting my money on India as well.

#28 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 August 2011 - 08:07 PM

Oh Lordy. And aren't Indians always strict on their kids about sex and stuff?

That doesn't stop married women from having 13. As far as kids not having sex, girls used to be married off in some cases when they were only small children. Whether those children were in a sexual relationship that young or not... that, I do not wish to know. I certainly hope not and I believe the majority of the girls were left with their parents to raise until they came of age.

I believe the reason behind the issue is that infant mortality rates used to be incredibly high due to various preventable diseases and other issues. Now that the medical situation has improved by leaps and bounds, there is no need to keep breeding in order to keep the population up, but I don't think the mindset has caught up yet especially in more rural areas. A lot of countries are seeing this type of population boom, but nobody to the extent of India.

Something has to happen to control it and I don't see any way that's going to end well. People keep throwing money at education with birth control and for 20 years, they have been on the same steep incline. What else can you really do? Let them overpopulate to the extent that they go to infanticide? To starve? Let a plague hit them because of their extremely close quartered, unsanitary conditions in New Delhi? Things like this both boggle my mind and sadden me.

#29 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 09:02 PM

Black people tend to have tons of kids too.

But they end up dying from starvation -.-

#30 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

But they end up dying from starvation -.-

YOU TRIPPING.

KFC coupons tend to always save us at the last minute :whistling:

#31 Legault

Legault
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:41 PM

YOU TRIPPING.

KFC coupons tend to always save us at the last minute :whistling:

Oh god x)

There's no KFC's in most parts of Africa :p

#32 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 10:59 PM

Oh god x)

There's no KFC's in most parts of Africa :p

We still don't die of starvation <_<

We usually die by getting stabbed or shot. And if not, drugs do the job and take us early.

#33 Smoke

Smoke
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:29 AM

At least a chunk of the Chineese are about to get taken out by a tsunami.

#34 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

At least a chunk of the Chineese are about to get taken out by a tsunami.

I think you mean typhoon (unless you've managed to confound scientists and figure out a way to predict tsunamis), and it's already pretty much passed China now with relatively little damage and no deaths in China I think.

#35 jcrdude

jcrdude
  • Oh shit there's a thing here

• 7001 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 02:41 AM

I blame the Chinese

I blame copulation in general

#36 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:43 AM

The 16th of November.

That is my birthday. Remember it well, folks. I expect to be showered with gifts and adoration.

<----- Yes, that is my real picture.

Goodness gracious.

#37 Jake

Jake
  • 2701 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:43 AM

That doesn't stop married women from having 13. As far as kids not having sex, girls used to be married off in some cases when they were only small children. Whether those children were in a sexual relationship that young or not... that, I do not wish to know. I certainly hope not and I believe the majority of the girls were left with their parents to raise until they came of age.

I believe the reason behind the issue is that infant mortality rates used to be incredibly high due to various preventable diseases and other issues. Now that the medical situation has improved by leaps and bounds, there is no need to keep breeding in order to keep the population up, but I don't think the mindset has caught up yet especially in more rural areas. A lot of countries are seeing this type of population boom, but nobody to the extent of India.

Something has to happen to control it and I don't see any way that's going to end well. People keep throwing money at education with birth control and for 20 years, they have been on the same steep incline. What else can you really do? Let them overpopulate to the extent that they go to infanticide? To starve? Let a plague hit them because of their extremely close quartered, unsanitary conditions in New Delhi? Things like this both boggle my mind and sadden me.

I strongly agree but I digress, India will never have a law that will help their population problem similar to what China does. Because of the type of country India is; mainly Hindu but as a democracy they MUST obey the wishes of the minor Muslim population, Muslim culture believes children are the gift of god so unless if there is some sort of international law forced upon them, sadly the numbers will keep rising.

-- Very rapid population growth is expected to prevail in a number of developing countries, the majority of which are least developed. Between 2005 and 2050, the population is projected to at least triple in Afghanistan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Timor-Leste, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger and Uganda.

-- The population of 51 countries or areas, including Germany, Italy, Japan and most of the successor States of the former Soviet Union, is expected to be lower in 2050 than in 2005.

http://www.un.org/Ne.../pop918.doc.htm

There was also something I read the other day saying by 2050 they estimated that India would be sitting at almost 1.8 BILLION people whereas China would be merely topping 1.4 billion people. Don't know where it went :p

#38 Blackout

Blackout
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:46 AM

What is the 7 Billionth baby was born in Pitcairn Islands.

It's crazy because that island is the least populated territory IN THE WORLD.

It has a population of 50 people, and it's 18 miles in length (41kl).

"In September 2003, a baby was born on the island for the first time in 17 years (Pitcairn Miscellany, 2003). Another child, Adrianna Tracey Christian, was born on Pitcairn on 3 March 2007 (Miscellany, 2007). In February 2005, Shirley and Simon Young became the first married outsider couple in recorded history to obtain citizenship on Pitcairn (Miscellany, March 2005). Since 2001, a significant proportion of the Pitcairn population (21 people) has been given a Personal Public Service Number in Ireland, which is required for work, taxes and social benefits.[25"

More on the Island here:
http://en.wikipedia....itcairn_Islands

#39 Tetiel

Tetiel
  • 11533 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 12:31 PM

I strongly agree but I digress, India will never have a law that will help their population problem similar to what China does. Because of the type of country India is; mainly Hindu but as a democracy they MUST obey the wishes of the minor Muslim population, Muslim culture believes children are the gift of god so unless if there is some sort of international law forced upon them, sadly the numbers will keep rising.

http://www.un.org/Ne.../pop918.doc.htm

There was also something I read the other day saying by 2050 they estimated that India would be sitting at almost 1.8 BILLION people whereas China would be merely topping 1.4 billion people. Don't know where it went :p

I'd believe India for sure. It doesn't surprise me. I, however, would be surprised if China would reach 1.4 billion. Their population is being incredibly responsible with their breeding and I'm not sure the law is the only motivation anymore. Frankly, it's cheaper to have just one child lol.

But you're right. They and all countries like it are just going to need to make their own bed and lie in it. They've already gone through huge inflation in the prices of grains because of the growing demand. If I recall there were riots in all the major cities a few months back over the price of rice. I mean what did they expect to happen? I also don't think this is a Muslim issue. If it were, the amount of children who are malnourished and stunted (about 50% of the population under 5) would not be that high because the Muslim population isn't high enough to account for it. Actually, a good amount of the Muslim countries have done an amazing job slowing down their population growth. I believe Iran, for example, went from women having on average 7 babies to about 2.5 in just 30 years. Pat on the back to them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users