Quantcast

Photo

What did you think about the IK Event? and the prizes?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 historic

historic
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:32 PM

Hey! What did you think about all this? the puzzles, prizes.. avatar/ theme site?

particulary I loved the site theme/ avatar. but I didnt like the items prizes.

but I was expecting for the avatar and I got it :D

#2 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

Too short and a bit monotonous for my tastes... but I did like the avatar :)

Edited by Jaws, 10 August 2011 - 05:37 PM.

#3 historic

historic
  • 62 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:38 PM

yes, it was very short.. and simple! but It was only an event, let give tnt a discount haha!
I'm waiting for a plot now :)

#4 Epidote

Epidote
  • 294 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:51 PM

Wish they gave out a pirate paint brush, but I'm happy with an avatar and a stamp. I didn't get the them though. It look good?

#5 Roxi

Roxi
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:57 PM

Well. Considering I was unable to do my last puzzle and did not receive the theme/stamp. I'm not very happy. Up until then, I was loving the puzzles, but yeah, TNT screwed me over again.

#6 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:02 PM

Wish they gave out a pirate paint brush, but I'm happy with an avatar and a stamp. I didn't get the them though. It look good?

Yes, and ruin the market for them in a flash, that's the smart way to do things.

Anyways...

It was nothing more than a fun event to make a new layout for Krawk Island, it's a lot better than just going "We fucked your map up without warning, enjoy your bulky flash", so I enjoyed it.

#7 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

I'd give this site event a sideways thumb. I love how creative they got with the sudoku. The first few days and the last day of the sudokus were classical puzzles, but the reformatted shapes of the crews made the challenge enjoyable and refreshing. Also the piles of prizes were very diverse. They were the perfect packrat items since I've yet get the avatar. I agree with everyone the site event was short. I was hoping for a 3rd part of the restoration where we actually piece together lands through jig-saw puzzles. What I hated about this site event was how TNT made the NC treasure chests obtainable by normal searching. I would of been fine if there was an NC portion of the site event where NC users are redirected to a different page to claim their prize. But instead these treasure boxes were accessible by everyone and I felt that TNT taunted many non-NC using players with these treasure boxes which they can't open. Overall, I'd rank this site event above Tarla and the Negg Festival anytime because of the effort/outcome ratio of the event. Minimal effort (if you used Waser's daily scripts) was required to complete the event completely and a likeable avatar and site theme was awarded. Not to mention that Krawk Island was nicely revamped (I like Warf Wharf's above all the revamps) AND we all got a new daily. I was pleasantly content with this site event,

tl:dr

meh.

#8 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:00 PM

Where was the site theme? I got the avatar but no site theme.

#9 Drelvon

Drelvon
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

There was a site theme? I didnt get it!

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

I didn't actively participate, but I'm glad they didn't let it drag on for months. I guess it was a good time waster and a way to introduce the new map. The new daily is deflating Pirate PBs, Krawks(?), and Dubloons already, so there's not too much to complain about!

#11 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 10 August 2011 - 08:06 PM

I didn't actively participate, but I'm glad they didn't let it drag on for months. I guess it was a good time waster and a way to introduce the new map. The new daily is deflating Pirate PBs, Krawks(?), and Dubloons already, so there's not too much to complain about!

I agree ^ the event was alright...:L a bit monotonous. i still havent got a good prize yet XD

#12 bobholly

bobholly
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:54 PM

i thought it was pretty fun, i didnt want a full-on plot right after the AC. i was burned out and it was nice to have something simple to do while recuperating my neo-love. the prizes were great. a stamp, site theme, avatar, two wearables, etc. not bad for the short work involved.

Edited by bobholly, 11 August 2011 - 04:54 PM.

#13 lilchan

lilchan
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 01:37 AM

I really loved the whole sudoku concept ♥

prizes were good as well, I love the site theme.

#14 Dreamz

Dreamz
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:36 AM

Well, I like the whole event. It's fun and enjoyable since its not the just click click here and there all over neopets. Absolutely love the sodoku puzzle. Just wish the event was bit longer. As for prizes, I think the prizes given out for this event are nice(avatars, site themes, stamp, etc...). Plus, we have a new daily ^^

I don't think I could ask for anything more in a short event. Now, hoping we could get a nice plot soon ^^

#15 weaboo

weaboo
  • 218 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:54 AM

Pretty okay really :) LOL, I want a good plot tho *_*

#16 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:29 PM

I'm kinda hoping they do something like this for all future land re-vamps introductions, if for no other reason than for me to say "I was there" :p

#17 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:45 PM

Where was the site theme? I got the avatar but no site theme.

i think the site theme is for people who completed the tasks on the days of release

#18 KnitsFire

KnitsFire
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

I liked the avvie, but the prizes were too cheap

#19 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:17 PM

I had fun with it, but I wish they'd do something about the main link to the pirate's academy. It STILL redirects me to the Krawk Island is Missing page. The other links work fine (courses, status, etc) but going to the academy main page redirects me.

#20 inima

inima
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:13 PM

I don't win the theme, and I don't like the avatar :c

but it

I don't win the theme, and I don't like the avatar :c<br><br><br>but it<br>

#21 ZKK

ZKK
  • 331 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:05 AM

I liked it. The prizes (+ the daily) were similar to that of the Altador Plot, but this one was pretty quick and easy in comparison

Edited by ZKK, 15 August 2011 - 12:06 AM.

#22 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 12:05 PM

Alright prizes...daily's are a bit tedious. the pirzes are either really good or really bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users