Quantcast

Photo

SOTW #14 VOTING!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
114 replies to this topic

Poll: SOTW #14 (46 member(s) have cast votes)

Which sig is your favorite?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#76 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

A) ONOEZ, THE SIG I CONSIDER THE BEST IS NOT WINNING!!!!oneone!1!111: though...

please shut up and gtfo if you're going to say that. ug.

Edited by ShadowLink64, 04 September 2011 - 07:17 PM.
User was warned for this post. - ShadowLink64

#77 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 05:59 PM

Art is art. It doesn't necessarily matter if it follows the 'rules' are not. Art is defined as a visual creative expression. Although there are various guidelines for art (rule of thirds, colour wheel, etc), they're not solid. Many people refer to them as 'Rules of Art' (they're really just theories on what looks good to the human eye), they're more like guidelines anyways. But yes. Art is defined as a piece of visual creative expression.

But that doesn't necessarily mean it's pretty. Or should be taken seriously by any means. Or should be seriously be entered into a SoTw.

There's your answer.

So is there "Ugly art"?
I'd like to meet the person who defines what's ugly and what's pretty, I'm sure we'd have a nice conversation.
Also, "ugly art" shouldn't be taken seriously?
Come on now, I just posted a HUGE picture of Picasso's supposedly "Ugly" painting.

#78 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

First of all:
Everyone you quoted belongs to the "Tinychat gang"
Just pointing this out.

Maybe because they're coincidentally the only posts he disagrees with and wanted to reply to?

You don't have to be paranoid about him only hating on "The Gang".

#79 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:01 PM

So is there "Ugly art"?
I'd like to meet the person who defines what's ugly and what's pretty, I'm sure we'd have a nice conversation.
Also, "ugly art" shouldn't be taken seriously?
Come on now, I just posted a HUGE picture of Picasso's supposedly "Ugly" painting.

No. But because it's a joke.

#80 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

But that doesn't necessarily mean it's pretty. Or should be taken seriously by any means. Or should be seriously be entered into a SoTw.

Posted Image

This whole argument is a joke.

#81 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:02 PM

No. But because it's a joke.

I don't think you've answered my questions, dear

EDIT:
@Elindoril:
You're probably right..We're the only ones with this point of view anyways Posted Image

Edited by Maloo, 04 September 2011 - 06:04 PM.

#82 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

This is a load of bullshit, end of story. One funny MS Paint sig one and everyone has their panties in a wad. I can see what some are saying about #5, text over a .gif is all it is..but you guys that fact you guys are complaining about it, it's gonna win now, right? Look at the votes compared to earlier. :p Trololol

Also, iargue, are you trying to say that the "tinychat gang" is promoting voting for certain sigs? How ridiculous. No, they do certainly not. Only 8 or 9 people frequent tinychat, and Cyo doesn't even go in there. What would be the purpose? I'm not even gonna continue the rest, because this is so silly.

It's a competition, and people are going to vote for their favorite. There are no rules against voting for a "crappy" sig or something that took no effort. This is for fun and always should be.

#83 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:04 PM

please shut up and gtfo if you're going to say that. ug.

Isolate part of the post and consider it as a whole. Nice debating skills.

#84 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:05 PM

I don't think you've answered my questions, dear

I wasn't fully referring to the green scorchio when I said that dear. I had to clear up the argument of what art is.

As for the green scorchio, it was a joke. That's what I was getting at. Not because it was ugly, but because it was a joke.

/Isolate part of the post and consider it as a whole. Nice debating skills.

I wasn't considering it the whole post. The other parts just weren't relevant.

Edited by Colours, 04 September 2011 - 06:05 PM.

#85 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

Posted Image

#86 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

I wasn't fully referring to the green scorchio when I said that dear. I had to clear up the argument of what art is.

As for the green scorchio, it was a joke. That's what I was getting at. Not because it was ugly, but because it was a joke.

Fair enough, we should call this competition from now on "Classic Masterpiece of the Week"

#87 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:08 PM

It was a joke, so?
People found the joke funny and decided to vote for it.

Same argument applies, you decided to respond to the joke part of the post completely ignoring the rest.

#88 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Same argument applies, you decided to respond to the joke part of the post completely ignoring the rest.

The point was that was completely disrespectful to me.

__

Posted Image
yup yup. I'm out.

#89 Maloo

Maloo
  • 445 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:16 PM

__

Posted Image
yup yup. I'm out.

Gratz on the free 17 posts!
Posted Image

#90 Mithra

Mithra
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:32 PM

How about we be perfectly honest, and not give some bullshit "art is always evolving/ people have different tastes", and we come clean and say that everyone voted for the skorcheio for the sake of the lulz. You all know that no one would've voted for that seriously. I think iargue's observation that people DID change their votes suddenly is sufficient evidence of this.

Regardless, if you're all going to pretend it's because of your "taste in art" that lead 20+ of you to suddenly vote for such a crude doodle, then there's really no point in saying anymore.

Obviously cyo himself submitted the skorcheio "for the luls" in the first place.

Edited by Mithra, 04 September 2011 - 06:34 PM.

#91 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:34 PM

Posted Image

#92 Cory

Cory
  • Dinnerbone'd

• 7487 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:36 PM

How about we be perfectly honest, and not give some bullshit "art is always evolving/ people have different tastes", and we come clean and say that everyone voted for the skorcheio for the sake of the lulz. You all know that no one would've voted for that seriously. I think iargue's observation that people DID change their votes suddenly is sufficient evidence of this.

Regardless, if you're all going to pretend it's because of your "taste in art" that lead 20+ of you to suddenly vote for such a crude doodle, then there's really no point in saying anymore.

Obviously cyo himself submitted the skorcheio "for the luls" in the first place.

I figured out a solution. From now on when a new SOTW vote thread is made. We'll all just send you a PM and ask you who we should vote for. That way whoever you like the best will win. Problem solved.

#93 Mithra

Mithra
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:37 PM

I figured out a solution. From now on when a new SOTW vote thread is made. We'll all just send you a PM and ask you who we should vote for. That way whoever you like the best will win. Problem solved.

That's not at all what I'm saying. Thanks for the mockery though.

#94 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:38 PM

Once again, did it for the lulz, so what? Comedy is also art.
People changing their votes proves nothing, maybe they just realized the majesty of the gren skorcheio or for teh lulz.

#95 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:52 PM

I thought gren was hideous. It was hideous. It didn't look like a scorchio either, it looked like a krawkodile. It won because people changed their vote after people stated their affection for it's ugliness. The end.

It was a novelty. No one had ever submitted something so horrendous before, and people became enamoured through herd mentality. The novelty's worn off. People don't like Pokemon. The love affair with scribbles is over.

Moving on.

#96 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:00 PM

__

yup yup. I'm out.

Posted Image

#97 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Posted Image

Can't we all just be friends?

#98 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

No one had ever submitted something so horrendous before, and people became enamoured through herd mentality. The novelty's worn off. People don't like Pokemon. The love affair with scribbles is over.

I distinctly remember this signature won second place in Boggart's SotW
Posted Image

Clearly, it is a piece of crap. But I'm not going to berate the people who voted for it, nor throw a fit about how the creator pulled it out of his ass.

Secondly, people LOVE Pokemon. I didn't vote for it this week because I feel the colors aren't vibrant enough and I don't find it very charming. I'm sorry.

Thirdly, my love affair with scribbles will never be over.

#99 Kat

Kat
  • KatDog 5ever

• 2098 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:22 PM

Secondly, people LOVE Pokemon. I didn't vote for it this week because I feel the colors aren't vibrant enough and I don't find it very charming. I'm sorry.

Thirdly, my love affair with scribbles will never be over.

I was referring to the Pokemon entry which had it written on it :p

Not Pokemon in general.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users