Photo

Music Sheet Program?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ellipses

Ellipses
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:15 AM

I was wondering if there was any program out there where if I attached a mp3 or played a mp3 through a microphone it would generate a music sheet for me. I'm trying to learn this cutty(relatively unknown) song.

#2 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:43 AM

I use MuseScore, which I LOVE. But it can only generate sheet music off of a special format - forget what it is right now. :/ It's not MP3. It's one of the system sound file extensions. -shrug-

#3 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:44 AM

^ But, would it be that hard to find something that converts it to said file type?

#4 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:48 AM

Never heard of such a thing, but I could give you a program to write your own music sheet.
I did some research for you and the tab to this song doesn't seem to exist, I went on 4 different sites and didn't find anything, same goes on youtube, there are no tutorials / no covers with a tab posted in the info.
At this point you're better to do this by ear, doesn't sound too hard tbh

#5 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 01:56 AM

colours - I dunno. probably not.
It might be .wav, but I forget. I don't think so.

#6 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 02:19 AM

Well, if it's .wav, you can easily convert to that. if you can find the file extension out for me, I can track down a converter that works. ^_^

#7 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

Well, if it's .wav, you can easily convert to that. if you can find the file extension out for me, I can track down a converter that works. ^_^

Use Format Factory for Windows / Wondershare Video Converter for Mac, they do wonders

#8 Ellipses

Ellipses
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 08:48 AM

Never heard of such a thing, but I could give you a program to write your own music sheet.
I did some research for you and the tab to this song doesn't seem to exist, I went on 4 different sites and didn't find anything, same goes on youtube, there are no tutorials / no covers with a tab posted in the info.
At this point you're better to do this by ear, doesn't sound too hard tbh

Thanks for the help guys. And ehh, honestly I'm not good enough to be able to do it by ear. I tried looking into musescore and I don't think it can do it from a sound file. Thanks anyways tho.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users