Photo

Idea for New Program

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:33 PM

Bumping on any board (especially the PC) is a pain in the butt. I had an idea - could there be an auto-bumper where you can input a default message and a bumping interval (like every minute, etc.) so that your board can be bumped as you're doing something else and just check back later to see if you got any replies?
Problems with communicating with responders would be avoided if one wrote "NM me offers", or whatever. :)

What do you guys think? I think I'd be really useful for people who frequent boards like the PC, Shop Ads, and Trading a lot. :)

#2 Lovato

Lovato
  • Banned from trading - Do not trade with this member!

• 308 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:41 AM

Not a program per se...a GM (Greasemonkey) script used to be able to do that. Now, I don't know if it still works, but it's not a very complicated thing to program. It's kinda like a GM AB'er, you set it to run on that thread (leaving it on the page), it executes the wait time, and then posts.

Actually....an iMacro (if you have Firefox) can totally do that. ;)

#3 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:44 AM

You could probably use a Firefox extension like ReloadEvery to do that.

#4 ArticTheTiger

ArticTheTiger
  • 1318 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 03:45 AM

Not a program per se...a GM (Greasemonkey) script used to be able to do that. Now, I don't know if it still works, but it's not a very complicated thing to program. It's kinda like a GM AB'er, you set it to run on that thread (leaving it on the page), it executes the wait time, and then posts.

Actually....an iMacro (if you have Firefox) can totally do that. ;)

Chrome has Imacros too.

I can totally picture this though.

The program will ask you to unput an URL to your board, bumps with a user specified message (or maybe several messages you can randomise, and put in a random smiley if you want) and it pops up with a message if anyone replied, obviously asking you to send a reply to that person, after which it will ask you to go to the board (in the default browser) or maybe keep bumping after said message.

#5 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 10 September 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have one. It's a really nice little GM script, I can't find currently, but if you look through the userscripts you should be able to find it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users