Quantcast

Photo

Would you rather live in a world where Harry Potter were real or pokemon?

• Please log in to reply
101 replies to this topic

#26 leurz

leurz
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

I would rather live in a world where harry potter were pokemon....but only if he evolved into a malfoy.

#27 jargon

jargon
  • 53 posts

Users Awards

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:16 PM

Harry Potter would be an awesome world to live in.

No to pokemon though. First of all, how would you feed all your pokemon? There's just too many discrepancies that could go very wrong when put to test as a reality.

#28 Johnnyboy

Johnnyboy
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 10:55 PM

harry potter, i think it would be cooler to use a wand and be able to perfom magic, also i want to ride a broom

#29 willy101

willy101
  • 337 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

http://www.slideshar...-1-presentation

interesting read so magical ability is recessive eh?

i'd rather live with pokemon. no inherent genetic disadvantages there

#30 bball4eva

bball4eva
  • 200 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:18 PM

This is such a fabulously awesome debate topic...

There were points in my life when I dreamed about each of these two things (Now, I'm quite fond of college life as is and drinking and partying). Pokemon would be awesome because you get to be the master. You train animals which is always fun and they have super powers essentially. You can collect enough so they can do basically anything for you which is sort of like magic powers in and of itself. Additionally, what really makes pokemon the better one to me is the competition. It is a world built on competition, and I love to compete.

Harry Potter is cool because your powers are directly your own. You have the ability to make things float, open locked doors...kill. Not a pet.

Man, oh man this is difficult. I'm gonna have to choose...Pokemon. I like to be the boss.

#31 lluvia

lluvia
  • 162 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:34 PM

Harry Potter.

There are SO many times I wished I could do magic.
Packing would be SO easy. Just "accio" and "wingardium leviosa" a lot and "reparo" a little. :)

Getting hit by an "avada kedavra" would be a risk, but... it doesn't happen all that often.

Pokemon are nice, but.... I'd get REALLY annoyed about all those times when you go
-walk walk walk-
A WILD RATATA JUMPS OUT!
What do you do?
attack bag
pkmn run

That would be SO annoying.

And who said the pokemon game couldn't exist inside of Harry Potter world? There are still electronic devices & video game, if you choose to be like a muggle and play them.

and frostz - you forgot about occlumency. I'm sure Dumbledore and Voldemort have highly developed occlumency powers so the spells probably wouldn't be able to affect as much.

I just realized occlumency is kind of like what Bella is supposed to have in Twilight.

I didn't want to drag Twilight in here but I just thought of it.

#32 asupernaturalfreak

asupernaturalfreak
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:24 AM

While the idea of Pokemon appeals to me I think i'd rather live in the world where Harry Potter were real.

Now if it were a world where Harry Potter characters evolved into Pokemon that would be a different story.

#33 frostz

frostz
  • 594 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 08:42 AM

and frostz - you forgot about occlumency. I'm sure Dumbledore and Voldemort have highly developed occlumency powers so the spells probably wouldn't be able to affect as much.

I just realized occlumency is kind of like what Bella is supposed to have in Twilight.

Occlumency has nothing to do with the imperius curse (mind control) because it does nothing except to protect against mind reading and lie detection.

From Harry Potter Wiki

Resisting the Imperius Curse is similar to Occlumency, which requires a great amount of willpower, though it is unknown if Occlumency would actually work against the curse.

Edited by frostz, 10 November 2011 - 08:47 AM.

#34 lonewolf

lonewolf
  • 243 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Pokemon world :D i would rather have a cute pokemon to protect me rather than having a wand @.@

#35 Fringe

Fringe
  • 11 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 09:48 PM

Definitely pokemon. Having all those cute lil critters around would be awesome. Plus you could fly or swim anywhere....

#36 mrstollery

mrstollery
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:09 PM

A pokemon world would suck taken into account what risks become possible if it became real... It'd be too dangerous.

Not the magic (HP) wouldn't, but its just derived from a real(muggle)-world. For that reason I'd prefer HP because it'd be more like an upgrade to life than a totally new dimension. I wouldn't feel like I was totally lost in a completly new way of living.

Both would be great though? Pokemon v HP could be an epic battle...

#37 Tomo

Tomo
  • 83 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:39 PM

Posted Image

Dude. Pokemon hands down. I'm too much of a clutz to be a good wizard.

#38 HuskySiberiano

HuskySiberiano
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:56 PM

P-O-K-E-M-O-N!
Gotta catch them all!
You only have to go to the school to learn the basic status and shit.

#39 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:01 PM

Pokemon! I'd love to chill with all my pokebros irl and go on huge adventures with my friends and not care about anything~ <3

Oh and also rolling around on a huge mound of Mareep/Flaaffy/Swablu/Altaria/that one gen 5 cotton thingy it would be SO SOFT AND FLUFFYomfg B)

#40 Amagius

Amagius
  • 1117 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:14 PM

Pokemon without a doubt.

#41 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Pokemon. Nurse Joy ;)

#42 dreller120

dreller120
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:39 PM

Harry Potter, duh. I'm always loosing important things, so accio would be so useful!

#43 Crunch

Crunch
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:48 PM

WOAH WOAH. Just because Harry Potter is in the world, DOESN'T MEAN that we have magical powers. We're still muggles.

Pokemon all the way!

#44 dreller120

dreller120
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

Well there are no wizards/witches in the world, so for a Harry Potter world some people should/could be turned into witches/wizards. ....or a bunch of random magical people just get zapped into existence and the rest of us remain muggles. ;_;

#45 nyquil

nyquil
  • 148 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:32 PM

Harry Potter all the way, if im magical i wouldn't have to do anything. i'd make the dishes cook me food and then wash them selves. if not magical easy solution, marry a witch to do everything for me!

#46 Crunch

Crunch
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

Well there are no wizards/witches in the world, so for a Harry Potter world some people should/could be turned into witches/wizards. ....or a bunch of random magical people just get zapped into existence and the rest of us remain muggles. ;_;

Or harry could be a selfish person and Avade Kedarva everyone.

#47 dreller120

dreller120
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 10:54 PM

Or harry could be a selfish person and Avade Kedarva everyone.

Everyone as in the whole world? :o

#48 mharris

mharris
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:24 PM

Pokemon :p
would love running around and doing nothing all day haha

#49 Nubge

Nubge
  • 234 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

I think it's pokemon, since Harry Potter is just for a few persons and you can't even use magic in the real world ._.

This MUST have a poll :p

#50 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 November 2011 - 08:09 PM

DEF harry potter. i've had my harry potter fantasy world planned out since i was 15. i'm sirius black's love child that was adopted and raised in secret by dumbledore, i'm smarter than hermoine and make her look like a dumb hag, harry, ron, both the twins, and malfoy (who dies saving me btw) are in love with me, and harry and i have 3 beautiful children: james, sirius, and lily <3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users