Good College = Stable Life?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#26 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

If you're a driven person, going to a good college will help you to get a great job.
I don't really know anyone who has graduated from my university that hasn't gotten a good job that has tried to.

#27 kristinaapril

kristinaapril
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

If you have a college degree, you are more likely to get a stable job.

You have more options for jobs and you have higher priority over non degree jobs than others who do not have a degree.

#28 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 06 November 2011 - 05:56 PM

sorta.

depends on what you wanna get into. There are some careers where a better university degree can = more money right off the bat or an easier time getting into grad schools. My boyfriend starting working right out of undergrad (just a bachelor's degree) and he actually makes MORE money than some guys he works with that have masters degrees. The only difference between them, he did his undergrad at Duke University while they came from a not as prestigious university.

HOWEVER nothing guarantees a job anymore so you still need networking skills, a good understanding of the skills required for jobs and just an overall ability to kiss ass for a while.

#29 Charli

Charli
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Being at a top 25 school doesn't help you as much as being at a top school in your FIELD. And no offense to the post above, but employers pay based on experience, skill level, and salary history, not the ranking of the school you went to. It can help with better connections and applying to grad schools though. And since so many people have bachelor's degrees nowadays, grad school is probably a good idea if you want to start at 150k+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users