Neopets: Treasure Keepers Closing

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#26 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:03 AM

Any advice on how to connect it with your neopets account? Or to see your previous codes for achievements?

#27 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:34 AM

Any advice on how to connect it with your neopets account? Or to see your previous codes for achievements?

You can't connect the game to your neopets account. You can only connect the login, but I'm not sure how that works because I didn't do it.

You can view previous codes by clicking on the blue medal icon. Any achievement with code will have a nova tagged on the icon on the top right hand corner.

#28 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:15 AM

This makes me sad :/ I wonder if Meteor Games will ever establish and keep a good game lol.... they had me so excited for that big awesome MMORPG they were supposed to make....then they make a bunch of little FB games.....then nothing. >_>

#29 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:15 AM

This makes me sad :/ I wonder if Meteor Games will ever establish and keep a good game lol.... they had me so excited for that big awesome MMORPG they were supposed to make....then they make a bunch of little FB games.....then nothing. >_>

Yeah I was super excited for Twin Skies. They talked that game up SO hard. I played all the stupid flash games for days, because they promised that the more games we played the more bonuses we would start the game with. Then it just died.

#30 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:36 AM

I'm wondering the same thing.

TNT posted this (http://www.neopets.c...topic=149576397):
- Also, to clarify, the thank you code we'll be sending out to Treasure Keepers players will be sent to the email address you used when giving permissions to the game on Facebook. We're looking to send that email out on Thursday, after the game closes.

Phew! At least we know where the codes are going now, hehe~

Edit: lol oops I'm not good at calculating time things. Looks like the game is down for good now ;_; The site where the game's swf was being kept is down. Does anyone happen to have the Sewer level's music? I was recording the music but wasn't able to access the Sewers because of my low-ish level (14 ;w; ), and can't find the music for it anywhere.. Aha! Yesss it finally loaded and I was able to get to level 15. I'll be uploading the music tomorrow! :3

Edited by Turnip, 14 December 2011 - 12:47 PM.

#31 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:24 AM

Neopets: Treasure Keepers is now closed. Thank you to all who played for your support over the past few months. We really appreciate your enthusiasm and we hope you enjoyed your time playing the game.

I still have my game on though, I haven't refreshed since it closed down. xD

#32 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 08:47 AM

Mmmm, has TNT/MG/whoever sent out the item code yet? I just checked my emails and there's no code in sight ;w; And the only people on my block list are WoW/RS spammers... (I don't even have an account on either of those, silly things :p )

#33 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:19 AM

No sign of it yet. Did you get your sewer music?

#34 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:39 AM

No sign of it yet. Did you get your sewer music?

Heheh, I think so! Except.. it sounds exactly like the Docks music :p Not sure if that was meant to happen, but oh well! I'm sure someone else will have it.
Also, for those of you interested, here's the OST! Complete with metadata/tags, cover art and edited so it can be looped :3 It was pretty hard doing it all in just a couple of hours under all that timed-pressure, but it's done!

EDIT: OK SO since some dunkass decided to report the rar on Mediafire, I reuploaded it! It's here if anyone is interested: http://www.mediafire...g2a3nb8d2ayycec
aaaand I'm not all that sure where else I'm going to put the OST, because Megaupload's gone, Fileserve/sonic don't work last time I checked and Rapidshare doesn't wanna upload it >w> /will upload it to MF again later on~

Enjoy, everyone c: Also apparently it went down because 90% of the staff got fired :o Well done MG!!......

For the items (this was posted on TNT's FB):

We'll be sending out the thank you code for the wearable, Petpet paint brush, Neopoints, and other items to players via email starting tomorrow morning. (today)

Neat!

Edited by Catnip, 01 April 2012 - 09:05 AM.

#35 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:22 PM

I wonder if those prizes are for people who actually played or what? O_o Because all I did was play to get the sidebar, then stopped. If everyone gets that stuff that would be neat xD

#36 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 12:53 PM

I wonder if those prizes are for people who actually played or what? O_o Because all I did was play to get the sidebar, then stopped. If everyone gets that stuff that would be neat xD

Hopefully the prizes won't change depending on your level or whatever ;_; I could only get up to level 15, and could hardly play most of the time because the game kept crashing... x3

I really, really hope it's a unique wearable or something in the same style as the TK clothes! The outfits in that game were SO adorable, omg <3

#37 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:18 PM

Nice Turnip! The link is not working for me tho, can you please fix it? (It shows the ... in the URL for some reason). Rep+

Btw:

And the company couldn't have better timing. Inside Social Games reports that Meteor Games, the social game developer behind Facebook games like Island Paradise and Serf Wars, has laid off 90 percent of its staff. Anonymous sources told the website that the terribly unfortunate move was made because the company couldn't raise funding for find an interested buyer.

Along with loosing nearly all of its staff, Meteor Games also opted to shut down Neopets: Treasure Keepers, which as of this writing welcomes just 30,000 monthly players and 3,000 daily players, according to AppData. Meteor Games made the announcement on the game's Facebook Wall just yesterday that the game would close today. As an apology for the short notice, Meteor Games gave players some items to use within the game before it closes.

ISG reports that the game peaked in September to the tune of 300,000 monthly players and 35,000 daily players, but it plummeted soon after. Sadly, Meteor Games isn't looking so hot across the board, as its total monthly player base is a hair above 900,000.

The website also confirms that company CEO Zac Brandenberg, left 4-year-old Meteor Games in November. Our best wishes go to those that may have lost their jobs at such an unfortunate time. We've reached out to Meteor Games for comment.

Edited by Hydrange, 15 December 2011 - 02:20 PM.

#38 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:33 PM

Nice Turnip! The link is not working for me tho, can you please fix it? (It shows the ... in the URL for some reason). Rep+

Hmm, that's strange :o Silly links! I'll fix it now. And thank you!!

Edit: links work now! :D Hurray!

Edited by Turnip, 15 December 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#39 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Excellent insight Hydrange, thank you!

It's too bad that Adam and Donna don't seem to be doing so well. They are the parents of Neopets, something that has been a big part of most of the people here's lives.

So, like the article says, best wishes to those that lost their jobs at Meteor Games, but I would also like to extend wishes to A&D, without whom none of us would be on this forum.

#40 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:53 PM

I wonder if Adam and Donna are kicking themselves for leaving Neopets behind...

#41 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:32 PM

I wonder if Adam and Donna are kicking themselves for leaving Neopets behind...

Media conglomerate Viacom purchased Neopets, Inc. on 20 June 2005 for $160 million

I doubt it.

#42 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:43 PM

If the item redeem page is still going to be up for awhile, won't the prices of those site theme codes skyrocket?

#43 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:14 PM

A little update on the "thank you code" emails:

We're just posting to update you on the status of the "thank you code" email. We want to make sure we don't leave anyone out, so we're just waiting on the absolute final list of all Treasure Keepers player email addresses. We'd hoped to have it yesterday so we could send the code out today, but it's taking a bit longer than expected and should instead be arriving later today. We then need a day to put it in our email system - we know, it seems long, but that's how the system works - so it's looking like your email will be arriving tomorrow instead. As always, if anything changes we'll let you know.

^ from Sunnyneo.....

#44 Sage

Sage
  • 692 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:23 PM

Oh good... thought I'd missed it or something, I only have so many email I could've sacrificed to facebook.

#45 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:30 PM

So by the sounds of that last message, theyre going to be rewarding ALL TK players no matter what achievements they received, whether it be you just played to get the Site Theme or all the way through. (well thats what im guessing will happen).

#46 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:10 PM

If the item redeem page is still going to be up for awhile, won't the prices of those site theme codes skyrocket?

When would be a good time to sell those codes? :pirate1:

#47 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 10:19 AM

... Oh man, didn't think of that D; /totally not kicking myself for not hoarding some site theme codes now..

#48 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:25 PM

The Code is NTKTHANKS, although only accounts that played TK got the email, it's a generic code so you can use it over multiple accounts.

http://www.neopets.com/code

Posted Image

#49 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:28 PM

Wow so anyone can type this code, probably for years to come... making the items worthless.

#50 Cloud9

Cloud9
  • 168 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd give you a heads up about TK prizes. :p It's nothing big, but here is the code: NTKTHANKS

EDIT: NEVERMIND! Someone beat me to it. ^^;

Edited by Cloud9, 16 December 2011 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users