Photo

Neopets: Treasure Keepers Closing

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:31 PM

The Way to Adventure Sign Post is the only r101, so if they disable the code after a while it might be worth something.

#52 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:40 PM

Ugh, what horrible prizes!! They aren't TK-related at all. (Edit: wow only the sign is somewhat TK-related..) TNT/MG could have at least put a little bit of thought into it :I

No doubt that this won't please the users who spent hours of their time enjoying the game every since the beginning, such as myself/those who spent lots of in real life bux on it/etc...

Edited by Turnip, 16 December 2011 - 01:49 PM.

#53 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 01:53 PM

I really did expect more (at least 3 unique wearables that should skyrocket once the code goes away). I didn't care for item worth honestly, I just wanted a nice momento reminding me of how much hours I wasted on that game. The sign post is quite dissatisfying. I was really expecting on of the tables or furniture from TK to actually be a wearable or neohome furniture.

#54 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:27 PM

I really did expect more (at least 3 unique wearables that should skyrocket once the code goes away). I didn't care for item worth honestly, I just wanted a nice momento reminding me of how much hours I wasted on that game. The sign post is quite dissatisfying. I was really expecting on of the tables or furniture from TK to actually be a wearable or neohome furniture.

Yeah, same :I It wouldn't have been hard to draw up a background which looked like the inside of your shop (or just a generic TK shop), or a foreground or something.

You know what, I think I'm gonna go draw one up right now for the hell of it~

#55 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 02:52 PM

Ugh, what horrible prizes!! They aren't TK-related at all. (Edit: wow only the sign is somewhat TK-related..) TNT/MG could have at least put a little bit of thought into it :I

^ I completely agree.
I didn't really see how the Cheese Shop BG/Babaa Pillow/etc. was related to the game at all xP ~
(&The only related item was pretty lame)

TNT probably made the prizes less valuable since anybody is allowed to redeem them :p~

#56 Hydrange

Hydrange
  • 504 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:02 PM

Are u gonna show it? I'd love to see it.

#57 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:33 PM

all of these items are related to the game in a way.

these were all items you can find in your adventures and sell in your shop. i recognize a lot of 'em from being in my own, personal shop :p

the cheese shop background represents a shop...in a way

the noil is obvious

pretty sure a babaa was a petpet you could take with you (although it's not the actual petpet...it's pretty close)

and I know the slorg represents something...but I can't recall at this time

#58 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:25 PM

Bam, done :3 (I put pets in the pic because it looked pretty empty without them.. x3) It's not the most professional thing ever + its rushed, but I was able to make this in like 45 minutes. But you get the idea. TNT had no excuse :I

Posted Image Posted Image

Also KRG, I certainly don't remember being able to get anything to do with Mazzews, Brown Scarves, Petpet Paint Brushes (or PBs in general) in TK :p

Oh oh! I know what the Slorg represents!!

Spoiler

Edited by Turnip, 16 December 2011 - 05:38 PM.

#59 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

:p nothing with mazzew pet pets....but I'm sure those were books you could find. the names stick out to me.

you could find random paint brushes....nothing with neopets pet/petpet colors...but art things (like how you could find pencils and stuff)

and you could always find clothing.

i'm probably beating around the bush, but i love finding ways to connect things together :p

#60 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:54 PM

Eh... I get what you mean, but it's a bit too subtle for my tastes, to be honest :p

#61 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 06:24 PM

Oh psh, ruin all the fun yo :p

I'm happy with my random items. I'm a hoarder.

#62 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:53 PM

Sweet Jesus on a stick :o Just saw this on the Editorial:

TNT, I just want to say that I enjoyed Treasure Keepers so much and I wish I'd started playing much sooner. I don't suppose we can hope that TK will come back one day, even in another form? Anyway, I loved being able to organize and arrange my shop and merchandise, but I especially loved having my little Babaa following me around! Thanks again for TK! I'll miss it. :) ~(username)

NTK was built for Facebook, so there's no way to move it to Neopets.com directly without, essentially, rebuilding the entire back-end. This, as you can imagine, would be quite a project. So, at the moment, no, there are no plans to bring it back as it existed. We agree with a lot of players, however, that Meteor Games did a fantastic job with the game's production value -- items, characters, illustrations, music, design, etc. The game had a wonderful look and feel, so we're in the process of going through and archiving all those assets to maybe use in a future project if we can. No promises! We have no real plans at the moment; we're preparing for the future, just in case. ;)

>The game had a wonderful look and feel, so we're in the process of going through and archiving all those assets to maybe use in a future project if we can. No promises!

Awesome!!! Let's just hope TNT doesn't forget about those assets!..

Edited by Turnip, 16 December 2011 - 11:24 PM.

#63 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:49 PM

o___o hot damn!

that would be pretty awesome!

go TNT go! do something smrt! (yes, spelled wrong on purpose. Simpsons fans will get it)

#64 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 09:53 PM

go TNT go! do something smrt! (yes, spelled wrong on purpose. Simpsons fans will get it)

Fun fact: On the commentary, Dan Castellaneta joked that the script was suppose to read S-M-A-R-T and he felt that years of doing Homer's voice was dumbing him down.

#65 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:46 PM

Bam, done :3 (I put pets in the pic because it looked pretty empty without them.. x3) It's not the most professional thing ever + its rushed, but I was able to make this in like 45 minutes. But you get the idea. TNT had no excuse :I

Posted Image Posted Image

Also KRG, I certainly don't remember being able to get anything to do with Mazzews, Brown Scarves, Petpet Paint Brushes (or PBs in general) in TK :p

Oh oh! I know what the Slorg represents!!

Spoiler

OMG, I love that background. :( If only!

And the slorg is a petpet you can buy from the shopshop. There was an achievement you get when you place a slorg in your shop. xD

But anyway, I was so very disappointed at the items and how the code can be redeemed by just anybody. I guess TNT thought it's Christmas so they might as well spread the joy items.

#66 Aarpm

Aarpm
  • 92 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:57 PM

Great background!

Also, you clicked a Slorg icon to activate your petpet's ability during the game.

#67 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 04:35 AM

I haven't received a code yet. :<

#68 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Turnip, I am impressed with your background. If only we could do custom BG's for our pets on the game, that would rock.

I agree that the associations to in-game items and characteristics are a bit loose. I would really have preferred that TNT create a few exclusive items to reflect some of the awesome TK items or events that you encountered. There were some really cool books and interesting plots in that game that would have been great collectors items.

Also, one thing that I loved about TK was seeing pets up and about, a little more personified than our pets are on Neo. While shopkeepers and characters on Neo look a more like people, our pets don't have the ability to mimic this and I have always wished there was a way to do that.

I am not a furry.

#69 Goose

Goose
  • 199 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 05:47 AM

Scrap that. So they've just given out a generic code that anyone can use? So it's not at all exclusive to be who actually put hours into TK? That's rubbish.

#70 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 10:01 AM

Scrap that. So they've just given out a generic code that anyone can use? So it's not at all exclusive to be who actually put hours into TK? That's rubbish.

Well it's TNT, I can't expect much else.

Though, they could have at least generated random codes for the players instead of what they did, people were still too confused from the closing of the game to care about free stuff yet.

#71 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:05 AM

Awww, thank you guys!! I should really learn how to use Flash so I can make it look more.. proper and vector-y and stuff, heehee~

Turnip, I am impressed with your background. If only we could do custom BG's for our pets on the game, that would rock.
Also, one thing that I loved about TK was seeing pets up and about, a little more personified than our pets are on Neo. While shopkeepers and characters on Neo look a more like people, our pets don't have the ability to mimic this and I have always wished there was a way to do that.

I am not a furry.

Oh my god, custom backgrounds would be SO AWESOME! If TNT threw that in the NC Mall and charged people $10 to make one, I'd happily buy a few ;) And make some for you lot, if any of you bought them too, heheh~

Same here!! I'm not furry at all, but my goodness the characters were just so cute and charming and soft-looking~ I'd love to just have all of them in a huge, fluffy pile and just roll around in the forever :3 Also thinking about it, it would be cool if TNT made pets look like the ones from TK, standing up and the like. Clothes from the NC Mall wouldn't look as awkward on them then, hahah~

... Oh, so THAT'S what the Slorg represents :p /completely forgot about that achievement. Also wow... Just saw this posted on TK's forums..

Actually it's not a TK item at all (the sign), it was supposed to be a prize for participating in a KeyQuest load test in 2009 that never happened. http://www.neopets.c...date=2009-04-27

#72 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD

• 532 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:45 PM

Holy crap I never realized that about the sign!

*wags finger at TNT*

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt

#73 atoast

atoast
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:39 PM

I played up to level 15 - meant to play to 20 - but the gameplay was so goddam boring
Not only did you have to do each of the boards more than once, but around ten times each just became SO tedious.
If there had been even a little more strategy, I wouldn't have minded that and would have enjoyed the game ten times more than I did.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users