North Korea Leader Kim Jong Il Has Died

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:25 PM

Kim Jong-il, the leader of North Korea, has died at the age of 69 after suffering a heart attack, North Korean state media has announced.

Mr. Kim in September 2010 tapped his youngest son to succeed him, though it isn't known whether the son will take control right away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdug6yHJB40

http://www.aljazeera...3620221153.html & http://online.wsj.co...3199255166.html

Thoughts?

Well, now that the US is out of Iraq... O_o

#2 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

I just came in here to post that video you included. Doh!

Saddam. Osama. Gudaffi. Now this guy. All we have left to mock is Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro now. :(

#3 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:04 PM

RIP Dear Leader. You eternally bless us with your spirit permeating our hearts.

I just came in here to post that video you included. Doh!

Saddam. Osama. Gudaffi. Now this guy. All we have left to mock is Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro now. :(

Mugabe, Assad

#4 Tomo

Tomo
  • 83 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:13 PM

Yeah he would die at 69. -scoffs- okay kidding.

#5 Kalla

Kalla
  • 33 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

I like how I find out about my current events through Codex

#6 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:16 PM

Apparently Kim's son makes him look like a normal, well-adjusted guy, so things might get interesting soon enough.

#7 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 18 December 2011 - 09:39 PM

Apparently Kim's son makes him look like a normal, well-adjusted guy, so things might get interesting soon enough.

Wonder if he'll try going for South Korea now that dear ol' Dad is finally out of the picture.

#8 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:32 PM

Apparently his oldest son was going to lead but he snuck creeped wtf do you want me to say spellcheck marched triumphantly out of North Korea to the US to go to Disney World.

#9 ShinaDutchAD

ShinaDutchAD
  • Banned from trading! Do not trade with this member!

• 532 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 10:42 PM

Apparently his oldest son was going to lead but he snuck creeped wtf do you want me to say spellcheck marched triumphantly out of North Korea to the US to go to Disney World.

Pretty sure I read that his oldest son was busted for trying to get into Japan with a fake passport....using the excuse he wanted to see Tokyo Disney World. Might be wrong though....

*prepares for influx of "YEY THE FUCKER IS DEAD" comments on other interweb sites*

#10 Inver

Inver
  • 298 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:36 PM

Heart attack. Oh yeah - code for murder. Awesome.

#11 Silentqueen

Silentqueen
  • 187 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:15 AM

My thoughts?
"Ding dong Kim Jong is dead..."

I'm just curious to see what'll happen next.

#12 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:29 AM

So Kim Jong-il and Vaclav Havel are passing each other in limbo...

ooooh, it could be the starter of so many great jokes.

#13 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Oh my god, this is outrageous.

I think I cried like this once when I fell on a blacktop and scraped my knee.... when I was 7.
I wonder how they went about this. Was there an announcement, "He is dead. Come out into public and weep, or be shot in your home."?

#14 contour

contour
  • 201 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:16 AM

He really likes to look at things:

http://kimjongillook...ngs.tumblr.com/

#15 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

He really likes to look at things:

http://kimjongillook...ngs.tumblr.com/

He also had an affinity for Swedish hookers. I think we can all relate to that.

#16 Stitches

Stitches
  • 282 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:37 PM

Oh my god, this is outrageous.

I think I cried like this once when I fell on a blacktop and scraped my knee.... when I was 7.
I wonder how they went about this. Was there an announcement, "He is dead. Come out into public and weep, or be shot in your home."?

To be fair, the people there revere him as godlike. They are for the most part an atheist or non-religious people and there is no religious freedom, but since Kim Jong-il's father, Kim Il-sung, took control in 1948 the only way to really describe how average citizens view them (despite widespread poverty) is cult-like. North Korea is one of the most isolated and secretive countries in the world - only in the past few years have we learned more about it as finally select journalists and photographers have been allowed to enter the country.

State propaganda is pretty much the only source of information they have. Virtually every single aspect of their lives is controlled by the government. Schools deify both Kim Jong-il and his father, and there is zero political opposition, freedom of the press or freedom of religion. The man did what he wanted and told people what he wanted them to believe, and having absolutely nothing to the contrary they believe it. For example, Jong-il's official biography lists "facts" about his life that include details about his birth, which occurred on a sacred mountain, and was heralded by a new star in the sky, a double rainbow and a swallow; he first picked up a golf club in 1994, at North Korea's only golf course, and shot a 38-under par round that included no fewer than 11 holes in one; and he wrote no fewer than 1,500 books in three years while attending university. He also reportedly spread the myth that he could control the weather with his moods, and in 2010 North Korean media reported that his clothing had set worldwide fashion trends. These are only a few examples.

It seems ridiculous to us of course, but considering their circumstances, it's not hard to understand or sympathize with. In addition I'm going to assume that video was released by North Korean media, so it's very much propaganda as well. They're telling the world "Look how much people loved him, see how affluent we are." It's pretty fascinating tbh.

#17 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

Kim Jong-il, the leader of North Korea, has died at the age of 69 after suffering a heart attack, North Korean state media has announced.

Posted Image

#18 w0000t

w0000t
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I guess you could say
his "korea" ended!

BU DUM TISSSSSSS .

Sorry, so so sorry.

#19 Spades

Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 02:26 PM

Highly curious as to what will happen next for North Korea, whether will it change drastically or no change at all, it's always fun to watch changes :D

#20 Volition

Volition
  • 701 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:09 PM

RIP Dear Leader, why couldn't it have been someone else, like rick perry T_T

#21 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Obligatory image of starcraftserversdownsincemorning.jpg

#22 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 December 2011 - 06:32 AM

"Satellite image shows Kim Jong Il's dark legacy"

Posted Image

This Google Map of North Korea also illustrates how isolated the country is.

:(

#23 j5248

j5248
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 06:39 PM

KJUn's uncle will become the real background heir and he will share power with the military. Kim Jong Un will instead take the role as the leader spokesman.

#24 yeah

yeah
  • 260 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

I like how I find out about my current events through Codex

Posted Image
I don't really know what to think about all this, but it makes you wonder which famous people are gonna die in 2012.

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 December 2011 - 09:32 AM

Posted Image
I don't really know what to think about all this, but it makes you wonder which famous people are gonna die in 2012.

Well, all of them, of course. Along with the rest of us.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users