• Please log in to reply
843 replies to this topic

#376 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:32 AM

omgomgomg i love your avatar so much! and if you are german, let me know where you found it xD i actually have never seen something like that anywhere near here... *sighs*

#377 MsRose

MsRose
  • 664 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 04:41 AM

I was trying to find out for people outside the U.S where they could locate a Spill Guard Pad. Thanks to Scot's picture, the website that sells this pad is : www.spillandalertguard.com

I suppose you could e-mail :/ or check at your local department stores, they should all have some sort of spill station, if you have trouble finding it I would ask the employees. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Found this also, might be useful.

#378 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:39 AM

The Walmart near chez moi also only has paper towels... Anyway:
http://min.us/m7kqksr15

The Walmart near chez moi also only has paper towels... Anyway:
http://min.us/m7kqksr15

#379 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:44 AM

Would any of these work??

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know Ill just go to the shop and take photo's of everything!!!! will that count? I even take a photo of the trolley!

#380 Svenja

Svenja
  • 16 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:01 AM

MsRose
Very useful, thank you :D I'll go check the stores :D

#381 Xexist

Xexist
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:35 AM

The I-hate-Scot bandwagon hasnt left yet? Woooot wooooot.

Hey Scot, how dare you make this more challenging? You and your smug 'Look at me doing this in my spare time to give to the community attitude'. I bet you think just because you spent so much time and effort putting this together that you think that you will get some kind of appreciation or something. You are supposed to only stick with "take a picture of your herp inside my derp* challenges. None of this fancy thinking outside the box thing.

You make me sick with appreciation >=|

-X

#382 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:52 AM

Thank you, Xexist.

There will be an update coming soon about the most recent challenge, so everyone don't give up on it yet.

Also, I am quite intrigued about a side game that centers around taking a picture of your herps inside my derp. I don't think anyone would win though. Well, at least not anyone eligible to win prizes :shifty:

#383 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:09 AM

The very nature of a scavenger hunt is that not all items will be able to be found by all players. Those who have an easy time completing this challenge may find others impossible, and vice-versa.

This game will be going on for a while yet; it is nowhere near over and the challenges will continue to get more varied and difficult as the game progresses.

#384 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

Actually soul, scot didn't say it had to be Walmart, quite the opposite, in fact: "The pad does not have to be from Wal-Mart but this is the easiest way to find one. "

#385 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:40 AM

So one part says it does not have to be inside Wal-Mart, the next part of the same post says the station will only be accepted if it is inside a Wal-mart?

If you go to a Wal Mart and find a spill station, but they do not have the pad, then a picture of the station itself is acceptable. If you find the pad somewhere other than Wal Mart, that is also acceptable. So it is not a conflict, both of them fit the criteria for this challenge.

#386 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:50 AM

Scavenger hunts are serious business.

#387 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:35 AM

To be clear. the intent in the original post is this:

A spill guard pad from any location is acceptable.

A generic pad is acceptable only if it came from a walmart due to that store not carrying spill guard pads. You only need to take a pic of the spill station to prove you were inside a walmart and their spill station was indeed not carrying that brand.

I do apologize for assuming walmarts were everywhere. Foreign members please PM me for an alternate challenge.

I've got to run but I'll be amending some of the terms later today seeings as how this is unfair to many of you.

#388 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:03 AM

After making my boyfriend drive me to Walmart for the second day in a row, and wandering around the store for quite a while, inspecting every beam, I was unable to locate a spill station. Are you sure every Walmart location has one? Unfortunately I can't keep making Matt drive me to various stores, wasting gas, just hoping they have these things.

#389 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:10 AM

d'aw poor matt. did you buy him some chocolate or so?
i just wanna say, that i do not really care about this here, too much. it's just a lot of fun and i got pissed a bit when i read about this challenge today, just because i couldn't do it, no matter how hard i try. the same happens to me on neo from time to time and i just find it sad xD i am having so much fun finding things and taking pics with my trollface i put so much effort and love in *SOBS*!

#390 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:15 AM

d'aw poor matt. did you buy him some chocolate or so?

He got boxers and incense, so our trip was not entirely in vain. Posted Image

#391 iPengu

iPengu
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

After making my boyfriend drive me to Walmart for the second day in a row, and wandering around the store for quite a while, inspecting every beam, I was unable to locate a spill station. Are you sure every Walmart location has one? Unfortunately I can't keep making Matt drive me to various stores, wasting gas, just hoping they have these things.

Having worked at walmart for 2 years in the past, every walmart has one. There is ALWAYS one near automotive because of all the chemicals there. Also where pool chemicals are sold during summer months there's always one there. They're scattered and hidden behind the endcaps kinda. Didn't fully read first post but they're not always near a pole (taking into consideration how I just said they're behind endcaps, in the aisle). The pads (if they're same scot is thinking of) should be in a small baggy type thing.

Ugh I hate knowing so much about fucking walmart. Hate that place with a passion.

#392 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:23 AM

HOORAY!

#393 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

This challenge is so hard. I've been in the mall for three hours. I've looked in Burlington, Best Buy, Macy's, Sephora, and PerfumeMania. The closest thing Ive found was a dustpan and broom between a shelf and a pillar.The Palisades Mall is so useless.

#394 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:35 AM

I forgot to check family dollar today. I also might try Pamida. We'll see. ;A; after works, perhaps.

I do apologize for assuming walmarts were everywhere. Foreign members please PM me for an alternate challenge.

Well fuck.

#395 Trichomes

Trichomes
  • 🐱 💖 🍄

• 1781 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:46 AM

This challenge is so hard. I've been in the mall for three hours. I've looked in Burlington, Best Buy, Macy's, Sephora, and PerfumeMania. The closest thing Ive found was a dustpan and broom between a shelf and a pillar.The Palisades Mall is so useless.

The Palisades Mall is fucking huge. This challenge is hopeless. :(

#396 Keil

Keil
  • Above Average Mediocrity

• 6591 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

The Palisades Mall is fucking huge. This challenge is hopeless. :(

I haven't given up hope! I'm really tempted to sneak into a custodial employee only room and rummage for one. I wish the challenge was to find a fire extinguisher. EVERY SHOP has at least two because nobody wants to burn to death in a retail store

#397 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:39 AM

Everyone kept giving me weird looks for this...

Spoiler

Also... to make sure it was me, here's a picture with my wristband. If you don't think it belongs to me, I can take a picture with the wristband (or you can look at my first entry picture :D )

Spoiler

Another question. For the empty bottle and black string challenge, does it have to be a coke bottle or can it be a product of coke, such as sprite?

edit: Or is it too late to enter the other items? O_o

#398 Kauvara

Kauvara
  • 302 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:49 AM

I can't believe people can't find these things, I always used to steal the plastic gloves out of them lol.

Oh yea. And making boyfriends driving us around to complete these challenges FTW ;D Just kidding. He does it for the Neopets.

#399 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 December 2011 - 11:59 AM

He does it for the Neopets.

what?

#400 Frank274

Frank274
  • 2051 posts

Posted 28 December 2011 - 12:01 PM