New Color: Eventide

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#51 GothicxToy

GothicxToy
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:26 PM

I, personally, don't mind the colors. Reminds me a lot of like a horizon in space, if such a thing could exist XD
But, on the down side, another paintbrush that'll cost 1mil+ T_T

#52 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:27 PM

I, personally, don't mind the colors. Reminds me a lot of like a horizon in space, if such a thing could exist XD
But, on the down side, another paintbrush that'll cost 1mil+ T_T

I hope they throw it in with the other crappy KQ paintbrushes so it'll be buyable

#53 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:30 PM

They did kind of mention it would be a "cheap" colour in the last editorial.

#54 Kyouma

Kyouma
  • 496 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 03:56 PM

It looks like a Sunset, from the bottom up. One of the more romantic colors

#55 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:18 PM

It looks like a Sunset, from the bottom up. One of the more romantic colors

Maybe that's why it's called Eventide.
Evening tide? Iunno. :p

Other than the cute sparkly starry part, I really don't like it. It's just a simple gradient; TNT is getting really lazy. <_<

#56 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:25 PM

Maybe that's why it's called Eventide.
Evening tide? Iunno. :p

Other than the cute sparkly starry part, I really don't like it. It's just a simple gradient; TNT is getting really lazy. <_<

Eventide is actually old English for evening I believe.

&TNT's reasoning (excuse);

As for the Eventide Paint Brush, it was born more out of necessity. Some players may notice that, on Neopet days, we typically release one complex and one simple colour (you guys often call these "colourfills") for each species. For the Aisha, we had completely run out of simple colours, and therefore needed to create a new colourfill paint brush, which is what eventide is. Eventide falls into the simple (white / shadow / orange, etc.) pool of colours, and will not take the spot of the more complex colours (maractite / transparent / water, etc.)

(Editorial 527)

#57 Musician

Musician
  • 669 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 January 2012 - 04:30 PM

e·ven·tide/ˈēvənˌtīd/
Noun:The end of the day; evening: "the moon flower opens its white, trumpetlike flowers at eventide".Oh. Genius Rainie.
I feel dumb now LOL.

Buuut on my part, my explanation made sense !

Complex & simple colours?
Psh. WORK ON COMPLETING YOUR OLD COLOURS, TNT.

#58 Juturna

Juturna
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 04:25 AM

;A; i really. Really. really. really REALLY like this colour. I mean seriously, I think, I'll eventually be painting my Aishia with this. a;sdk;f (Whenever being, they have a decent price that I can buy them for x3)

#59 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

(Editorial 527)

I didn't expect it to be a colourfill O_o

#60 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

;A; i really. Really. really. really REALLY like this colour. I mean seriously, I think, I'll eventually be painting my Aishia with this. a;sdk;f (Whenever being, they have a decent price that I can buy them for x3)

You can always try your luck with the lab. It's cheaper, unless you wouldn't want to ruin a BD pet or morph them because of the name. :3

I didn't expect it to be a colourfill O_o

Yeah, they probably use that evening/sky/space image set as a texture fill. Then all the eventide colours would appear the same? :o

#61 EveMazing

EveMazing
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 08:25 AM

I really like it. I think it looks really cool and like, fancy. xD

#62 kleur

kleur
  • 133 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

is this paintbrush all ready seen on TP or so?

#63 shmoot

shmoot
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:42 AM

One of my favourite out of the newer colours... I like cosmic looking things.

#64 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 10 January 2012 - 11:22 AM

You can always try your luck with the lab. It's cheaper, unless you wouldn't want to ruin a BD pet or morph them because of the name. :3

Yeah, they probably use that evening/sky/space image set as a texture fill. Then all the eventide colours would appear the same? :o

yuck, don't hope so. I hope they will improve the colour trough time.

#65 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:02 PM

and why not?

BECAUSE I SAID SO OHMYGOD DONT U NO ANYTHIN

#66 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 01:49 PM

is this paintbrush all ready seen on TP or so?

Don't think it will be for a while.
If tnt want to make these more common they'll probably add these as future event rewards, if you want one just buy a FQD and get your pet painted ;)

#67 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:16 AM

If tnt want to make these more common they'll probably add these as future event rewards, if you want one just buy a FQD and get your pet painted ;)

I think you mean FFQ. A Faerie Queen Doll doesn't paint pets. :p

#68 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:32 PM

FFQ

I heard someone sold one for 15 mil. lower than I expected.

#69 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 January 2012 - 12:36 PM

FFQ

I heard someone sold one for 15 mil. lower than I expected.

Hah, right, my bad xD
FFQ.

The only reason I'd get an Eventide Aisha would be to trade it / sell it... but since I'm not familiar with the PC I don't even know what these go for

#70 Spirited

Spirited
  • 677 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 January 2012 - 02:00 AM

Hah, right, my bad xD
FFQ.

The only reason I'd get an Eventide Aisha would be to trade it / sell it... but since I'm not familiar with the PC I don't even know what these go for

I usually use this pet trading guide: http://www.neopets.com/~x__loveable
But Eventide hasn't been updated yet. Not sure if there's an updated guide elsewhere. xD

I feel that the PC doesn't really follow standard "worth" guidelines though. Most pet traders would trade for a pet(or name) they like even if the pets are not of the same value. Unless it's those D/UC/K traders, whom I feel are usually cheaters anyway. :x

#71 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:24 AM

I usually use this pet trading guide: http://www.neopets.com/~x__loveable
But Eventide hasn't been updated yet. Not sure if there's an updated guide elsewhere. xD

Interesting guide just went through it, guess my my idea in trading value was pretty off xD

I feel that the PC doesn't really follow standard "worth" guidelines though. Most pet traders would trade for a pet(or name) they like even if the pets are not of the same value. Unless it's those D/UC/K traders, whom I feel are usually cheaters anyway. :x

Well you can't really blame them can you? I too just trade for whatever I find appealing, even if it's a downtrade.
I'm guessing that if you had an Eventide the first day of it's release and had it UFT you could probably get a D/UC/K offer on it

#72 Rainie

Rainie
  • 854 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 08:33 AM

Interesting guide just went through it, guess my my idea in trading value was pretty off xD
I'm guessing that if you had an Eventide the first day of it's release and had it UFT you could probably get a D/UC/K offer on it

The PC is crazy x-x ~
/Although I sometimes go there, so I guess I shouldn't speak cX ~/

&The Eventide color can be obtained by FFQs, so they just went for what normal FFQs went for~
(When Robot Ogrins first came out they were offered D/UC/Ks (&D/Ks were "worth" more back then) though)

#73 Dolly

Dolly
  • 71 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 01:51 PM

I cannot decide if I like it yet :S?
Maybe it will look better on a 2-legged pet such as a kacheek, I'm interested to see how the other neopets will look with the color..

#74 Daywalker88

Daywalker88
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Not really a fan of this colour :\ I'm more of a magma/wraith fan boy.

#75 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

I wonder or they will release the elephante in Eventide?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users