Photo

Handling the daily Faerie Quest...

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:39 AM

normally i either use Neocodex item database or one of those script using greasemonkey to allow you to use shop wizard even when you have a FQ...

But i just noticed since we have to actually go and accept the quest... so i opened a shop wizard page beforehand and then accepted the quest... it works.. its faster than the method i mentioned above...

just felt like sharing this info..

#2 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 04:49 AM

So... you are posting saying that opening the Shop Wizard prior to starting the quest is easiest.

Why make an entire thread about that?

#3 Hush

Hush
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:55 AM

most people already know this, right?

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:59 AM

most people already know this, right?

I am assuming that they do. If this had been a full blown guide showing some different ways of using the SW while on a Faerie Quest I could totally understand how it would be useful posting this... but this thread feels more like a Status Update.

#5 onlyme

onlyme
  • I hate everyone.

• 4319 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:03 AM

thanks god that you never create useless threads.
i don't think everybody knew this yet and i find it only fare, that this person shares their experiences.

#6 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:10 AM

I am assuming that they do. If this had been a full blown guide showing some different ways of using the SW while on a Faerie Quest I could totally understand how it would be useful posting this... but this thread feels more like a Status Update.

There is only one use of SW when you have a Faerie Quest... that's to find what the faerie wants... i don't see a point in forcing myself to find some useless use of SW when you have faerie quest... and i did feel like posting it in status update but it will soon dissappear by next day or so and this faerie quest event i think would be here for more than a week i hope...

But... lets not dwell on making this simple info into a big issue... If you know about it.. that's great!!! but i'm sure there will be some LIKE ME... who just found out about it... bottomline.. I just felt like sharing.. there's no need for me to work so hard to create some hell of a long guide just to tell you of a simple fact...

#7 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

People who play Legit will tell you that this is their preferred method of completing Faerie Quests in the event they are silenced/don't want to use the boards.

It is a very common and well known method of avoiding that ban. Besides the scripts or using databases to bypass SW ban. Not to mention the programs that we have at our disposal.

Making a thread that shows many of these different methods and includes this as well would be cool, but just this as I said before still just feels like a Status Update.

There is only one use of SW when you have a Faerie Quest... that's to find what the faerie wants... i don't see a point in forcing myself to find some useless use of SW when you have faerie quest... and i did feel like posting it in status update but it will soon dissappear by next day or so and this faerie quest event i think would be here for more than a week i hope...

But... lets not dwell on making this simple info into a big issue... If you know about it.. that's great!!! but i'm sure there will be some LIKE ME... who just found out about it... bottomline.. I just felt like sharing.. there's no need for me to work so hard to create some hell of a long guide just to tell you of a simple fact...

I understand making this to have a reference for those that do not know and I am not trying to dog you for making it for that purpose it just feels bare. That is all I am saying.

#8 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 06:21 AM

People who play Legit will tell you that this is their preferred method of completing Faerie Quests in the event they are silenced/don't want to use the boards.

It is a very common and well known method of avoiding that ban. Besides the scripts or using databases to bypass SW ban. Not to mention the programs that we have at our disposal.

Making a thread that shows many of these different methods and includes this as well would be cool, but just this as I said before still just feels like a Status Update.

Its not in status update and its not a guide... i just wanted to share.

#9 Ladida

Ladida
  • Night Owl 🌛

• 2152 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:13 PM

Thanks for the tip Jam3s :) I didn't know about the SW trick, and I'd have probably missed this if it was a status update. Nevermind the others. This is useful and helpful, and it definitely deserved to be posted. Hey, you've helped me :p That's at least one person!

#10 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:17 PM

Thanks, I always forget you can do that.

Also, do you remember my post about being a condescending asshole, Jaxxen?

#11 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 12:20 PM

Also, do you remember my post about being a condescending asshole, Jaxxen?

It's Yung, you would do well to remember that.

Do you remember my post about not caring about what you think? No? Well here you go in case you missed it the first time.

I don't care what you think. Period. You and your friends constantly trolling me isn't going to phase me. Grow up and get over it.

#12 rhexis07

rhexis07
  • 205 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:00 PM

I gotta say I agree with Jung on this one, anyone who has been playing neo for over 2 weeks should know this, if not all I can do is facepalm. /facepalm
I don't think this warrants a thread at all.

#13 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

I gotta say I agree with Jung on this one, anyone who has been playing neo for over 2 weeks should know this, if not all I can do is facepalm. /facepalm

Posted Image
I also agree with Jung.

#14 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

So... you are posting saying that opening the Shop Wizard prior to starting the quest is easiest.

Jaxxen, if I were to apply your reasoning- assuming you feel it is better suited as a status update because the information is already accessible- the following happens:

http://www.neocodex....84#entry1550384 - redundant and unnecessary
http://www.neocodex....-np-conversion/ - redundant
http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1553845 - Very unnecessary

But hey :)

#15 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 01:24 PM

Jaxxen, if I were to apply your reasoning- assuming you feel it is better suited as a status update because the information is already accessible- the following happens:

http://www.neocodex....84#entry1550384 - redundant and unnecessary
http://www.neocodex....-np-conversion/ - redundant
http://www.neocodex...._1#entry1553845 - Very unnecessary

But hey :)

1st thread - Guide to a part of Neopets placed in the correct Sub-Forum and beneficial to many who did not understand the Smuggler's Cove at all. Sure redundant and not necessary -_-

2nd thread - Compiling data is nothing that any of us can benefit from. I can totally understand how you can view this as redundant.
:sarcasm:

3rd thread - After asking how best to add some weapon reviews to the Item Database I was asked to make a thread for them. It has helped several people and I enjoy the opportunity to give my honest opinion about these items as I am a BDer. Since you find it Very unnecessary why not just not read it? lol

#16 Jaws

Jaws
  • 538 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

Agreed, that's why there are 13 people who in the last minute asked for help on the Quest Boards, I'm guessing they'll continue making threads each day until the 24th of February asking people to look for their items.... now if only they knew about this!

Anyway thank you for posting this, I usually log onto my accounts using 3 different browsers, for FF I have a GM script that lets me use the shop wizard even while on a FQ, but when I do my quests on Safari / Chrome I try to remember to use this method :)
Repped a few of these posts, will finish up when it resets ^^

Posted Image
I also agree with Jung.

Where's my rep when I need it D: curse you daily limit!

#17 Origins

Origins
  • 21 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

How can you determine whether you'll get a FFQ?

Chances are low as it is (as it seems).

#18 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:51 PM

How can you determine whether you'll get a FFQ?

Chances are low as it is (as it seems).

It is random but we have a thread compliments of Keil that is aiming to help work out percentages:

Faerie Quest Frequency Survey

The results may seem low right now but after all the results are in we'll be able to sit back and review the percentages for all the Faeries. It may not be as low as it appears at first glance. :)

#19 Risey

Risey
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 02:54 PM

Thanks for the tip. I honestly didn't know that and I've been playing neo for like 11 years. Haha

#20 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

For your information, faerie quest are random events for a very long time.. meaning you don't know when you will get it... the first time it became a daily event (meaning you gotta press a button to accept a quest.. and not given randomly) was last year somewhere after the faerie ruin event ended...

SO... for those who have been playing neopets for more than 5 years... there would be some of us who are so used to getting faerie quest on random basis that some of us may not think of opening a SW right before we click the accept quest button. We would most likely just go about completing the quest just like any other time we received a FQ randomly...

and its good to know that there's some who gained something from this info.. Of course i don't expect all of you to not know about it.. but at least give a chance to those who don't know to learn about this simple thing.

#21 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

For your information, faerie quest are random events for a very long time.. meaning you don't know when you will get it... the first time it became a daily event (meaning you gotta press a button to accept a quest.. and not given randomly) was last year somewhere after the faerie ruin event ended...

SO... for those who have been playing neopets for more than 5 years... there would be some of us who are so used to getting faerie quest on random basis that some of us may not think of opening a SW right before we click the accept quest button. We would most likely just go about completing the quest just like any other time we received a FQ randomly...

and its good to know that there's some who gained something from this info.. Of course i don't expect all of you to not know about it.. but at least give a chance to those who don't know to learn about this simple thing.

No need to be so defensive about it. Merely putting my opinion out there, I am by no means trying to troll you so keep your panties on. ;)

#22 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:15 PM

No need to be so defensive about it. Merely putting my opinion out there, I am by no means trying to troll you so keep your panties on. ;)

I'd expect him to be defensive when you suggest his entire thread is worthless before anyone has a chance to discuss/respond.

#23 CJames

CJames
  • 388 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

haha... i wasn't being defensive... I just felt annoyed by that its suppose to be a common knowledge for those who played neo for more than 2 weeks?? like what the... for all i know he leaves open a SW in one tab everytime he logs in to play... but if you think about it.. it only works if you play legitly.. (since you will most likely get a FQ when you AB)

#24 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:46 PM

Heh, I actually didn't know that! I feel silly now xD
Thanks for the heads up :D

#25 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 08 February 2012 - 05:52 PM

I didn't know either, but I don't really think it's a big deal to just go to the item database and find someone selling a whatever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users