New administration

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

I thank you all for your kudos :) I have read every single one and am glad to see that no-one is rebelling :)

The end of an era.

I've been dreading the day, actually. Not because of SS and Pyro taking over, I'm sure they're capable - SS ran his own site or maybe more than one (?) before joining us, so I'm not too fussed. I've been dreading it because most of my friends on this site were staff at one point, and traditionally outgoing staff members find other things to do, and I don't want them to!

I know that's a bit selfish, I do. And there's nothing that says we can't keep in touch outside of codex, but honestly Faraaz, Noiti and Cam, you guys are fucking awesome, and part of my memories of you guys are your usernames and personalities here on Codex. It wouldn't be the same over email or facebook or some such. Some of the best memories of my life were working with you guys when staff was 10 or 12 people. It was a party up in there, and we had a lot of fun with it in no small part because our admins were fucking G men.

So please don't demote yourselves to Programmers - we need a Legend user tag for ex-staffers.

Spoiler

Best of luck to the new staffers. I'd like to register my agreement with Joe about getting a few mods or smods up in this bitch. You know it's not to hold the forums in an iron fist, but to spread the responsibility from two or three pairs of shoulders to a half dozen or so. God, the PMs must be unbearable with only two or three staff members total.

I completely agree and the "Programmer" status was just something that hydro did to himself very quickly so that this could all happen quickly. Me and soul will talk and decide about what rank fits these truly epic people.

Thanks Soul and Pyro. Do a great job!! Us three will always be here for you though! Make sure we're on your CC's! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Not only will you be in our CC's but you'll always remain in our hearts <3

#52 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:50 AM

you'll always remain in our hearts <3

You make it sound like he's dead or something Posted Image

Thank you for everything, Noity, I hope you will lurk around more often now, when you're not admin! :D Posted Image

#53 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:52 AM

You make it sound like he's dead or something Posted Image

Thank you for everything, Noity, I hope you will lurk around more often now, when you're not admin! :D Posted Image

xD And im hoping thats the case with all three of them :) They are all a great bunch of guys and i miss it when they are not around.

#54 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:58 AM

Well.. now they don't have to take care of the whole forum with it's drama and shit.. why wouldn't they? :D jk jk I'm sure being admin is very fun, especially here Posted Image

#55 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:01 AM

Well.. now they don't have to take care of the whole forum with it's drama and shit.. why wouldn't they? :D jk jk I'm sure being admin is very fun, especially here Posted Image

It defiantly has its moments xD

#56 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

xD And im hoping thats the case with all three of them :) They are all a great bunch of guys and i miss it when they are not around.

^this, totally. I miss chatting with Noit about the most random of things. Cam, I see/chat with more often than not on TC etc. Hydro, I've chatted to a couple of times. But regardless of how often we chat, its always a great time to be had.

(and licking Noit's armpits but *shhhhhhhhh* thats between us ok?)

#57 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:11 AM

And Slink who always was there for me when I yelled 'Slinkey help!!!' Posted ImageThank you, Slinkey Posted Image

#58 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 02:59 PM

The end of an era.

I've been dreading the day, actually. Not because of SS and Pyro taking over, I'm sure they're capable - SS ran his own site or maybe more than one (?) before joining us, so I'm not too fussed. I've been dreading it because most of my friends on this site were staff at one point, and traditionally outgoing staff members find other things to do, and I don't want them to!

I know that's a bit selfish, I do. And there's nothing that says we can't keep in touch outside of codex, but honestly Faraaz, Noiti and Cam, you guys are fucking awesome, and part of my memories of you guys are your usernames and personalities here on Codex. It wouldn't be the same over email or facebook or some such. Some of the best memories of my life were working with you guys when staff was 10 or 12 people. It was a party up in there, and we had a lot of fun with it in no small part because our admins were fucking G men.

So please don't demote yourselves to Programmers - we need a Legend user tag for ex-staffers.

Spoiler

Best of luck to the new staffers. I'd like to register my agreement with Joe about getting a few mods or smods up in this bitch. You know it's not to hold the forums in an iron fist, but to spread the responsibility from two or three pairs of shoulders to a half dozen or so. God, the PMs must be unbearable with only two or three staff members total.

We'll still be around. We just don't have as much responsibility now :p. That means I can finally say all the things I want to say but didn't before out of fear of reflecting badly on the community ;).

#59 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 15 February 2012 - 11:52 AM

But without SL who will defend iargue even when he's completely wrong? :(

#60 Boggart

Boggart
  • Professional Napper

• 7981 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:53 PM

But without SL who will defend iargue even when he's completely wrong? :(

Looks like it's no one :p

#61 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 24 February 2012 - 03:42 PM

Wow... I'm late to this party, eh? :p

To Hydro, SL, Noit, I thank each of you greatly for the time we have shared together on neocodex. I expect to see you each around no less than what I have come accustomed to over the past few months. :p I understand your need to tend to your personal lives and respect this decision entirely. (I've taken a similar approach as life has become simply too hectic.) I just want to thank each of you again and invite each of you to add me on FB or send me emails to my personal email address at any time. (I'm sure each of you have it.... ([email protected] -- same for FB) Thanks again for the fond memories gentleman. I expect to be keeping in touch with each of you. :)

To Pyro699 and Soul, thanks to you both for all that you do. Soul, you know that you have been there for me many a late night (early morning your time? :p) and I appreciate all the time you've spent with both me and with codex. I know that you'll both make great administrators and if you two ever need anything, the invite above stands for the both of you. To Cody W., Congratulations! It looks like you have more than earned your ability to use your first name around these parts. :p

Enough of me for now....

Sincerely,
-Cody B.

#62 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Congrats Pyro and Soul, i am sure that both of you will do a good job, Pyro since he has been helping out for quite some time already and Soul since he has managed his own forum previously.

Hydro,shadow,noit, I dont know you guys very well because you were already rather inactive when i joined but it is clear that you guys are the one that made this site great and created this community. I dont know if there is a need to remove yourselves as admins or it is required to show the symbolic handing over but i do think you guys should get a special rank =) maybe "Founders" or something. Do hope to see you more often on the forums now though =)

#63 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 February 2012 - 05:09 AM

Congrats and good luck, Pyro and Soul!! :D
I don't know you admins/old admins all that well yet, but I'm sure you guys will do a great job with things in the future~ :heart:

And I agree, a Founder rank would be really nice!! This should totally become a thing :3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users