• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#26 Adam

Adam
  • Coffee God

• 4771 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:01 AM

well done guys, you both deserve it. im also wondering why waster isnt an admin.

#27 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:04 AM

Props to the outgoing admins for having the humility to admit there are others who may be able to run the site more effectively. That being said, they've done an admirable job at making Codex what it is today. Hopefully Slinks will have more time to work on rubik's cubes and relationships(!)

Pyro and Soul, I trust you'll be able to handle the responsibilities. I couldn't think of anyone more qualified to be an admin.

#28 HiMyNameIsNick

HiMyNameIsNick
  • Shitlord

• 1730 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Congrats!

#29 Georgina

Georgina
  • 2216 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:10 AM

Aww Great news, pyro n soul :) congratulations, couldnt think of a better choice!

#30 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

Wait, why isn't LW admin?

LW refuses the admin position (They have offered several times).

He doesn't want the responsibility. He comes here has a hobby, not a job :p

#31 James

James
  • ♔ King James ♔

• 1539 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:16 AM

Wow, congrats to both of you, you really earned it! I look forward to seeing this site progress as time moves forward. :)

#32 Electromanio

Electromanio
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 11:59 AM

Thanks to all of the previous administration for building Neocodex and good luck in your current lives :) I'm glad you guys found jobs and shit, to put your time/skills to better use. As for Pyro and Soul Stealer, thank you for stepping up to the plate and congratulations!! I'm excited for the Neo-Neocodex hehe

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 12:00 PM

Congrats, boys. As if you two weren't big headed enough, now you have actual, official say-so. Lawd help me!
:)
Hopefully we'll see more of SL, Noity, and Hydro around now that there's a little less pressure to answer retarded questions?

#34 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:31 PM

Hopefully we'll see more of SL, Noity, and Hydro around now that there's a little less pressure to answer retarded questions?

Nope, the more people in the world, the more retarded questions there are. Same goes for Neocodex. :/

#35 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 01:52 PM

Wow very impressed with this decision. Props to Hydro for not going the route of other sites (3vo) and selling to an outside buyer. Hope you guys are ready for the responsibility!

#36 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:10 PM

Congratulations to the new incoming administrators, soul__stealer and Pyro699. I have no doubt that the site will improve due to the leadership of you two.

I'll still come to Neocodex's rescue whenever it needs it though. :p Hopefully I can finally clear up these PMs now that I won't be getting as many... I hope.

#37 Irradium

Irradium
  • Pyro (699) Maniac

• 892 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:23 PM

Hopefully I can finally clear up these PMs now that I won't be getting as many... I hope.

You're asking to get trolled there. :p

#38 Ziz

Ziz
  • 936 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Congratulations! :)
I'm sure both of you will keep doing a good job.

And to shadow, noit and hydro, you did it very well, it's not an easy task to make a site thrive like this one did.

#39 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:48 PM

Congratulations to the new Admins, and thanks a bunch to the old ones for making this site what it is today!

#40 Elindoril

Elindoril
  • Weeaboo Trash

• 9254 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:50 PM

Hopefully I can finally clear up these PMs now that I won't be getting as many... I hope.

You're just asking for people to PM just to bug you.

Spoiler

#41 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:52 PM

Congrats to the new admins, and thanks again for the work to the old ones.

#42 Wynd

Wynd
  • 397 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:00 PM

Congratulations, Pyro and Soul.

#43 Applepi

Applepi
  • 1641 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 February 2012 - 10:09 PM

Congrats Pyro and Soul!! If anyone deserved this sort of "promotion" it was you guys :)

To the old admins, thank you guys so much for creating and maintaining this site! I know it takes a lot of hard work and dedication and trust me, it'll never be forgotten!

#44 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

You're just asking for people to PM just to bug you.

Spoiler

Now that you mentioned it, it just won't be the same. )=

#45 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 03:25 AM

Congratulations guys!
You're definately the right people for the job.
Looking forward to see how codex evolves

#46 zxzero

zxzero
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:56 AM

Congrats on the positions guys :D

#47 Lasciel

Lasciel
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

A very huge thank you to the three admins even though I am too new here to know you guys. Thank you for all the hard work and the programs, it must have been hell to juggle such responsibility and real life stuff! Thanks for doing a great job, I'm sure many in the community will not forget it.
Congrats of course to the new admins! Hopefully the handing over will be smooth and everything will run well and Abrosia will not hang any more lol! All the best in your new duties and thanks also for taking up the responsibility :)
You guys are all very amazing.

#48 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:09 AM

The end of an era.

I've been dreading the day, actually. Not because of SS and Pyro taking over, I'm sure they're capable - SS ran his own site or maybe more than one (?) before joining us, so I'm not too fussed. I've been dreading it because most of my friends on this site were staff at one point, and traditionally outgoing staff members find other things to do, and I don't want them to!

I know that's a bit selfish, I do. And there's nothing that says we can't keep in touch outside of codex, but honestly Faraaz, Noiti and Cam, you guys are fucking awesome, and part of my memories of you guys are your usernames and personalities here on Codex. It wouldn't be the same over email or facebook or some such. Some of the best memories of my life were working with you guys when staff was 10 or 12 people. It was a party up in there, and we had a lot of fun with it in no small part because our admins were fucking G men.

So please don't demote yourselves to Programmers - we need a Legend user tag for ex-staffers.
Spoiler

Best of luck to the new staffers. I'd like to register my agreement with Joe about getting a few mods or smods up in this bitch. You know it's not to hold the forums in an iron fist, but to spread the responsibility from two or three pairs of shoulders to a half dozen or so. God, the PMs must be unbearable with only two or three staff members total.

#49 Tsvete

Tsvete
  • 690 posts

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:29 AM

Grats guys! You two being admins will be interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing all the changes you're gonna make! Posted Image

Edited by Tsvete, 14 February 2012 - 12:30 AM.

#50 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 14 February 2012 - 12:40 AM

Hey Guys :)

I'm sure that over the next few days there are going to be many posts in this thread talking about possible concerns and worries some of you might have for codex and what exactly is going to change. I want to very clearly emphasise that any changes we do make will not be instantaneous and talked about thoroughly with the community to ensure that codex can continue to thrive and expand. I am very honoured to be taking on this new position after only being here for such a short time, the friends i have made feel more like my family as i have learned more about myself in this past year than i did all throughout high-school. The skill-set that i have obtained has also grown exponentially and i am truly grateful for everything that has been given to me. With this new position i hope that i am able to finally return more to this community than i have in the past.

I am still going to be programming in addition to my new admin duties -- in fact, as an admin, I'm going to be concentrating more on the technology backend of the site

I'm not sure what else there is for me to explain here because my public speaking (as of now) is not that great, but like my ability to program i hope that it will increase over the next few weeks :)

I thank you all and look forward to being part of the Neocodex Administrative Team :)
~Cody Woolaver

Before congratulating us, I think everyone needs to thank the 3 of you guys for building Neocodex into the success it is right now. It's been a long road for the 3 of you despite your busy lives and the site has grown from a small group to a large community over the past 8 years. This has been no small task for you, and finding the time to manage it would have been difficult.

Like Cody said, there wont be a great number of changes happening to the site right away, nor will there be huge changes made in the future. That being said, it is inevitable that changes will occur throughout the site in order for it to continue to provide the sort of community it does right now. Rest assured, that these changes actually have the community in mind.

Like Cody, I'm grateful to Hydro, Shadow and noit for the oppurtunity to manage and push the site forward in new directions. With Pyro's amazing talents behind the scenes in the technology department, I can't wait to see him finish off some of the things he has been quietly working on behind the scenes. As for myself, I will more be dealing with member issues (but don't go thinking these issues wont be discussed with the other staff first) and helping to develop the community. I do have limited knowledge with the technological side, and will be assisting Pyro with ideas and improvements in order to push the site to new heights.

Once again, thank's to Hydro, Shadow and noit for your hard work, thanks to the community who make it addicting enough to keep returning here, and thanks to Neopets despite how much we all despise TNT, for the majority of us, that is what initially brought us here even if it is no longer why we remain.

Regards
Sou| Stea|er

Edit:

Doesn't mean anything for it. As far as I am concerned, they are still not officially part of the Neocodex download set. I will still work on it and release my own programs through it and will continue to attempt to ensure that these programs remain of a high standard. I will where possibly attempt to learn more python so I can create more official applications.

Thanks Soul and Pyro. Do a great job!! Us three will always be here for you though! Make sure we're on your CC's! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users