Virginia 'transvaginal ultrasound' bill

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#51 Faerhii

Faerhii
  • 182 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:07 PM

When I had to undergo a vacuum removal from my miscarriage, it cost me more then $800. I don't know if it was higher due to the miscarriage or if that was the going rate in Washington where I lived at the time..

But I know one example of "habitual users" in my area who I know had at least 3 abortions in 2011. One was caught early and was with medication of some sort, and the other two were via vacuum..

At $450-500 each, she's closing in on, if not surpassing $1500. She didn't pay a penny, the state paid for them.

Edited by Faerhii, 20 February 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#52 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:37 AM

If we assume an average of one year per "oopsie," that's one abortion per year if someone is using it as her routine method of prophylaxis.

Without insurance (and even on a lot of plans like mine for example) BC pills cost $40-50 per month or $480-600 per year.

Abortions in my area run the range of $450 to $500 - and that's for all services INCLUDING the pre-screening ultrasound, optional counseling and a free pack of BC pills.

Or, if you're a stingy motherfucker, get the Depo shot. Or get an IUD for $400. It lasts 10 years or something ridiculous like that.

Birth control pills and condoms and having the mental capacity to understand I am in no way fit to be a mother, have worked out well for me. I haven't had to have a single abortion in the 6 years I've been sexually active, because I'm a grown up taking responsibility for my body.

At $450-500 each, she's closing in on, if not surpassing $1500. She didn't pay a penny, the state paid for them.

So? Tax dollars for medicaid and medicare are being taken out of my paycheck every month. I'm happy to know if it's preventing some stupid bitch from squeezing out what will become another uneducated piece of shit into the world.

We'll see what happens next year when birth control will be covered completely under all women's health care plans. Give it to these stupid women for free, and perhaps we'll see a tapering off to unnecessary and unwanted population growth. I am sick to death of people not understanding how this shit happens. Use the fucking internet and learn how not to get knocked up when you're out trying to gain self worth by letting some drunk dude put his hand up your shirt in the back of his car.

#53 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:47 AM

So? Tax dollars for medicaid and medicare are being taken out of my paycheck every month. I'm happy to know if it's preventing some stupid bitch from squeezing out what will become another uneducated piece of shit into the world.

My thoughts exactly. $500 for an abortion, or $500 a month for 18 years on welfare/food stamps/state funded free insurance. One way or the other the government is going to pay.
Plus if she is getting the abortion for free then she would probably get state insurance while pregnant and give birth for free which costs several times more than the abortion.

I'm not saying "Free Abortions For Everyone!!" but I am glad I'm not the only one that sees it this way.

#54 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 February 2012 - 07:50 AM

I think you are all forgetting about:
Posted Image

#55 Faerhii

Faerhii
  • 182 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

Or, if you're a stingy motherfucker, get the Depo shot. Or get an IUD for $400. It lasts 10 years or something ridiculous like that.

Birth control pills and condoms and having the mental capacity to understand I am in no way fit to be a mother, have worked out well for me. I haven't had to have a single abortion in the 6 years I've been sexually active, because I'm a grown up taking responsibility for my body.

We'll see what happens next year when birth control will be covered completely under all women's health care plans. Give it to these stupid women for free, and perhaps we'll see a tapering off to unnecessary and unwanted population growth. I am sick to death of people not understanding how this shit happens. Use the fucking internet and learn how not to get knocked up when you're out trying to gain self worth by letting some drunk dude put his hand up your shirt in the back of his car.

I'm not saying that state covered abortions are a bad thing.. I don't want to cover a welfare baby for 18 years..

I'm saying that the women who get them multiple times a year probably SHOULD be forced to look at the ultrasound monitor to see the consequences of their actions. Because not only do they have access to free birth control, but are given birth control at the time of each abortion. The one person here locally that I know of that had at least three last year gave me one of the sets of free monthly pills they gave her.. Stating something along the lines of "I don't need these. If I get pregnant, I'll get it taken care of again."

#56 NapisaurusRex

NapisaurusRex
  • 🍴Aioli-American🍴

• 9425 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:07 PM

I'm saying that the women who get them multiple times a year probably SHOULD be forced to look at the ultrasound monitor to see the consequences of their actions. Because not only do they have access to free birth control, but are given birth control at the time of each abortion. The one person here locally that I know of that had at least three last year gave me one of the sets of free monthly pills they gave her.. Stating something along the lines of "I don't need these. If I get pregnant, I'll get it taken care of again."

If all it took was an ultrasound to fix irresponsibility, I'd be all over it.

#57 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 12:43 AM

I think you are all forgetting about:

Spoiler

Posted Image

#58 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:13 AM

mmm...
nothings going to get better.

Thanks for your contribution to this thread.

In related news, McDonnell has called for the removal of mandatory transvaginal ultrasounds from the bill.

#59 Caisson

Caisson
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

CLEARLY women don't have authority over their own bodies, so CLEARLY this is a good thing.

#sarcasm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users