Photo

Neoquest's Neoquest II AP

• Please log in to reply
324 replies to this topic

#26 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:31 AM

Good job mate, looks awesome. Will it be added to program manager later?

#27 jonahfinn

jonahfinn
  • 1006 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:29 AM

I personally have never played neoquest before despite having a ten year account.
Would this APer be able to complete all difficulties or just normal?

=D

Thanks for sharing with us. =]

#28 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:31 AM

I personally have never played neoquest before despite having a ten year account.

=D

I think you can use it with any diffuculty. I am currently testing it and its doing a great job specially with training. Saves a huge time. Its training option alone, is enough to call this AP awesome.

#29 ahding

ahding
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:54 AM

did anyone get iced ? is the programme safe to use?

#30 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 06:53 AM

I started to use it today, i have been running it for 4 hours and nothing bad happened yet. Its weekend so i dont expect anything bad yet, i dont think ill get frozen because of this AP either. Started with level 1 and already got level 18.

#31 ahding

ahding
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

wow that great i should try out this programme also

#32 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:42 AM

UUUUUUNGH

#33 Nonexistent

Nonexistent
  • 681 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Is it only possible to do insane only after finishing normal?

#34 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:55 AM

Why would it be safer? And by fully automated do you mean turn it on and it plays the whole game? This is a little more intelligent than a GM script.

honestly, I don't think this deserves the "AP"
looks just like a clone of already existing userscripts (e.g. this) in python with a few more config options but no added features imo

and there's no reason (despite being too lazy to get a complete path with dialog parameters at the proper points) a userscript couldn't complete it all by itself, so I don't really see the point of this unless you prefer having a command line tool over a script
at best this is a tradeoff of security vs. speed as your python script may be a little faster compared to the userscripts, however people cannot check what exactly it does, either

yes, completing the game on normal unlocks evil and completing on evil unlocks insane, so to get the "big" prizes (bow of destiny, wand of reality, ...) you have to complete the game 3 times (once on each difficulty)

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 19 February 2012 - 07:58 AM.

#35 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

You have to finish Normal to play on Evil, and finish Evil to play on Insane mode.

#36 ahding

ahding
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 07:58 AM

i treid to use this programme but the traning doesnt work for me

#37 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:02 AM

i treid to use this programme but the traning doesnt work for me

Can you be more spesific about what you do, what do you expect and won't happen? Maybe we can help you that way. Because i have been using training mode for more than 4-5 hours and nothing went wrong. Also be sure you are on an area that mobs can attack you before you start training mode. If program confuses you, just log to neopets manually, go to an area with mobs, then run the program for the training mode.

EDIT: In trainer mode, program stops time to time and i have to rerun it manually once it stops. Sometimes it even just keeps showing refresh times but nothing else, eventhough im in the middle of a training area, again i close and run the program once more to make it work properly.

Edited by Junjun, 19 February 2012 - 09:13 AM.

#38 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

looks just like a clone of already existing userscripts (e.g. this) in python with a few more config options but no added features imo

and there's no reason (despite being too lazy to get a complete path with dialog parameters at the proper points) a userscript couldn't complete it all by itself, so I don't really see the point of this unless you prefer having a command line tool over a script
at best this is a tradeoff of security vs. speed as your python script may be a little faster compared to the userscripts, however people cannot check what exactly it does, either

I'm relatively confused why this wouldn't deserve the title "AP". It trains for you, it moves for you, all with set delays that are adjustable.
It makes it much easier for the user to make the adjustments for the characters they want, and overall is much more user intuitive. And who doesn't want want to train faster? Most people don't want to sit and watch while they train, if you want to see where you are at, just go there in a browser.

#39 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

Good job mate, looks awesome. Will it be added to program manager later?

Nope, I'm not a Neocodex programmer and this has no GUI.

=D

I'd assume there would be no problem running it with any mode.

yes, completing the game on normal unlocks evil and completing on evil unlocks insane, so to get the "big" prizes (bow of destiny, wand of reality, ...) you have to complete the game 3 times (once on each difficulty)

It plays the game in pretty much the exact same way a GM script does, the potion use method is a lot more intuitive, and it has proxy support. It's your decision whether to use it or not, although I don't think the safety differs from a GM script.

Can you be more spesific about what you do, what do you expect and won't happen? Maybe we can help you that way. Because i have been using training mode for more than 4-5 hours and nothing went wrong. Also be sure you are on an area that mobs can attack you before you start training mode. If program confuses you, just log to neopets manually, go to an area with mobs, then run the program for the training mode.

EDIT: In trainer mode, program stops time to time and i have to rerun it manually once it stops. Sometimes it even just keeps showing refresh times but nothing else, eventhough im in the middle of a training area, again i close and run the program once more to make it work properly.

I'll try and figure out what that could be sometime today, and at least make it take into account the course of the battle not changing in too long. And yeah, as Junjun said I'm going to need a lot more information about what's happening to help you.

#40 Freshx

Freshx
  • 117 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

The program is currently only available for windows, sorry Mac users!

figures Posted Image
Good job though :)

#41 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 11:18 AM

The program is currently only available for windows, sorry Mac users!

figures Posted Image
Good job though :)

You could always try it with Wine or some other Windows emulator.

#42 SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hey I am having a problem loading the GM script method. I put the script numbers in a .txt document in the scripts folder as instructed. Then when I try to load it the AP quits instantly tried it a few times now and it's not working.

#43 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

Hey I am having a problem loading the GM script method. I put the script numbers in a .txt document in the scripts folder as instructed. Then when I try to load it the AP quits instantly tried it a few times now and it's not working.

By quits instantly do you mean as soon as your start it up? The script name is case sensitive, and the extension isn't needed.

#44 SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

By quits instantly do you mean as soon as your start it up? The script name is case sensitive, and the extension isn't needed.

This is what is in the file

33333357111111117111111882882282288884444447444477777777771777448488226663666266222222226662222266333333333336333336666662

I open up the AP and then hit 2 to select a move script type in it's name "part1". The program prints 3 lines of text then automatically closes before I can read any of the text and too fast for me to screencap it.

EDIT:

I managed to record it and get a bit of the text:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NQ2AP.py", line 892, in <module>

Edited by SlaughterHouse, 19 February 2012 - 02:05 PM.

#45 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:16 PM

This is what is in the file

33333357111111117111111882882282288884444447444477777777771777448488226663666266222222226662222266333333333336333336666662

I open up the AP and then hit 2 to select a move script type in it's name "part1". The program prints 3 lines of text then automatically closes before I can read any of the text and too fast for me to screencap it.

EDIT:

I managed to record it and get a bit of the text:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "NQ2AP.py", line 892, in <module>

Are you sure your script is in the scripts directory?

#46 SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:19 PM

Are you sure your script is in the scripts directory?

Yeah it definitely is.

#47 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:24 PM

Yeah it definitely is.

The name of your script should be printed before you are asked to give any input. Is it? An example of what I see when I select the move command:

Scripts:
AScropt.txt
OnDeath.txt
Phoro.txt

What script do you wish to use? Phoro

Does stuff.

#48 SlaughterHouse

SlaughterHouse
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:26 PM

The name of your script should be printed before you are asked to give any input. Is it? An example of what I see when I select the move command:

Scripts:
AScropt.txt
OnDeath.txt
Phoro.txt

What script do you wish to use? Phoro

Does stuff.

Thanks it works now. was becasuse I was adding the file extension.

#49 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:28 PM

It plays the game in pretty much the exact same way a GM script does, the potion use method is a lot more intuitive, and it has proxy support. It's your decision whether to use it or not, although I don't think the safety differs from a GM script.

for a GM script you can check the source, for your binary only one you cannot ;)
as for proxy support: obviously GM scripts have proxy support already as it just uses the browser's proxy configuration
and yeah, it's a nicer config, but that's about it.

#50 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 February 2012 - 02:39 PM

Thanks it works now. was becasuse I was adding the file extension.

I did state that it wasn't needed in the OP :whistling:

for a GM script you can check the source, for your binary only one you cannot ;)
as for proxy support: obviously GM scripts have proxy support already as it just uses the browser's proxy configuration
and yeah, it's a nicer config, but that's about it.

If you're concerned about me sending your account information to myself and clearing your account of all it's wonderful goodies, you need not worry. I wouldn't trade my account on this forum for a couple million neopoints, I hardly even play the game anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users