Photo

Advanced Member vs non

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Toommy

Toommy
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:19 AM

i was just wondering if i have a Advanced account will be able to reach higher then a lvl 6 on the shape shifter puzzle ?

and will i have access to any other games that are not for non advanced members?

#2 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:20 AM

All this information is freely available in pre-existing threads.

#3 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:30 AM

LOOK

#4 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:40 AM

Can't we just answer the guy instead of berating him? You should be able to -- I'm not aware of any such restrictions in the public programs except for some in Abrosia for advanced members. Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

#5 Bone

Bone
  • no

• 3638 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:43 AM

The maximum level you can reach with the Shapeshifter AP is (post count / 10), iirc

#6 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Can't we just answer the guy instead of berating him? You should be able to -- I'm not aware of any such restrictions in the public programs except for some in Abrosia for advanced members. Could someone please correct me if I'm wrong?

Neo Nap has higher functionality for advanced members (transferring items instead of just pricing)
Cellblock has a more advanced function available to advanced members as well

Other than that, it's forum benefits (restock list creater, MP answers) and programs that no longer are in the PM (Auto Adopter, NP Gen)

#7 Scot

Scot
  • ≡^ᴥ^≡

• 3935 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:49 AM

Can't we just answer the guy instead of berating him?

Why do you continue to promote laziness?

#8 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:51 AM

It is kind of our fault for not having a proper landing page, or proper documentation on what they actually get. They just come here, see this forum and are thinking "wtf". :/

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:58 AM

It is kind of our fault for not having a proper landing page, or proper documentation on what they actually get. They just come here, see this forum and are thinking "wtf". :/

The documentation is all there, they just don't go looking for it. They ask questions instead looking for answers.

#10 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:15 AM

The documentation is all there, they just don't go looking for it. They ask questions instead looking for answers.

She is 100% correct, but i also suppose that its our responsibility as a community to help people like this out who dont really know how to seach for this stuff... Maybe we could post the links (nicely) and tell them how it is that we found them.

As of right now, everyone (except for staff and programmers) have the same level of access in all of the programs. This was enabled due to the mass amount of downtime.

#11 NFIce

NFIce
  • 28 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:21 AM

She is 100% correct, but i also suppose that its our responsibility as a community to help people like this out who dont really know how to seach for this stuff... Maybe we could post the links (nicely) and tell them how it is that we found them.

As of right now, everyone (except for staff and programmers) have the same level of access in all of the programs. This was enabled due to the mass amount of downtime.

That'd be a change from most forums :p
And possibly help to encourage others to join.

A little can go a LONG way.

#12 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:22 AM

I think the whole forum model leads to quickly outdated information. SL is right that we need a proper landing page that is easy to keep up to date that is separate from the forum completely. We're planning on using the neocodex.us homepage for that :).

#13 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 10:27 AM

I try not to be a bitch about this kind of thing but I have honestly stopped answering for the most part, which I feel horrible about in a way, because I feel it is enabling and will only lead to more ceaseless lazy questioning. Others decide to take it a different route and be jackasses but I think it's understandable when the same questions are asked all the time. That doesn't excuse it of course.

Maybe we could institute a knowledge database, with a link in the top bar that takes you to a huge collection of all of these little tidbits that we post links to all the time

Like the mother of all FAQ's, in an in your face, look-here-before-you-ask-questions kinda way

EDIT: Ooooh yeah, moving to a different landing page would work very well, with the forum as a smaller part of a larger and more encompassing domain. *hops around*

Edited by nymh, 22 March 2012 - 10:29 AM.

#14 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:20 AM

EDIT: Ooooh yeah, moving to a different landing page would work very well, with the forum as a smaller part of a larger and more encompassing domain. *hops around*

That's the idea :D.

#15 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

That's been the idea for about four years xD

#16 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:50 PM

I blame the previous administration, they were all terrible people.

#17 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

I blame the previous administration, they were all terrible people.

We should get a poll going, I second this.

#18 Toommy

Toommy
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

wow.. i didnt think i would start all these chain of replies lol
i already read the form i just wanted to make sure :/

#19 Arkidas

Arkidas
  • 1231 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

A landing page would definitely benefit the site financially.

#20 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

A landing page would definitely benefit the site financially.

How's that?

#21 Dangocat

Dangocat
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 03:45 PM

Cellblock has a more advanced function available to advanced members as well

I got all excited to use the cellblock AP when advanced was made available to everyone, but I didn't notice any difference. I checked my cellblock page and it wasn't using the strategy in the TDN guide. I don't know if it's just me or I'm crazy. *shrug* It's not a big deal. I've just been playing it manually because I'm tired of the program losing and taking for longer than it would take if I just played it myself.

#22 Zaxero

Zaxero
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:45 AM

When you don't know where to look your supposed to ask answers sorry your too lazy to answer some simple questions.

#23 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

When you don't know where to look your supposed to ask answers sorry your too lazy to answer some simple questions.

¬_¬ Please stop gravedigging old threads.

And being rude.

#24 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think it's funny that you would choose me for this quote, and say that I'm too lazy to answer simple questions. You are obviously new here.

#25 Steve

Steve
  • 238 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

Seems to me people are forgetting not everyone knows how to operate forums..

EDIT: But gravedigging is annoying, so forget I said that ^

Edited by Steve, 19 May 2012 - 12:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users