Photo

Option to change User Agent in Program Manager

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:57 PM

Just a heads up, I'm still in the process of learning how codes interact with the web, so I may be wrong on some of my assumptions.

I'm not sure what browser, etc info the programs send in their header, but will it look weird if you constantly change between browsers?
E.g. Someone usually uses Chrome to browse neopets, but when ABing, the program sends Firefox as the browser in use.

My suggestion will be to have an option in the settings (maybe under advanced so people who don't know what it does can ignore it) that allows us to input our own User Agent, using the one given here
http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

That way when using Abrosia (or any other programs), the header is exactly the same as the one sent when using your browser.

#2 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:02 PM

In the past there have been programs that do that, however, changing headers alone could never be bannable as people change between browsers all the time. For example, to do anything flash related, I use Firefox instead of Chrome.

#3 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

In the past there have been programs that do that, however, changing headers alone could never be bannable as people change between browsers all the time. For example, to do anything flash related, I use Firefox instead of Chrome.

Just my two cents: anything related to server logs is probably irrelevant. TNT just don't have the resources to comb millions of lines of log data to spot odd behavior. I sometimes run six of my programs at once and have only ever been frozen for bad language. I never send Referer headers, often send garbage User-Agent strings when testing, and generally don't look very legitimate when I make the machine do the dirty work. While it might be a "comfort" to know that your User-Agent matches the one you normally use, I don't think it's at all relevant to keeping one's account safe.

Edited by Inkheart, 27 March 2012 - 07:56 PM.

#4 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:34 PM

For example, to do anything flash related, I use Firefox instead of Chrome.

See I myself use Chrome instead of Firefox because FF clips everything and I often can't see stuff like the music, sfx, and endgame options in flash games. Chrome is a lot more stable for me and the only way that I can even use my Habitarium without super lag.

#5 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:45 PM

See I myself use Chrome instead of Firefox because FF clips everything and I often can't see stuff like the music, sfx, and endgame options in flash games. Chrome is a lot more stable for me and the only way that I can even use my Habitarium without super lag.

No idea what the problem is for me, but Flash kills Chrome for me a ton. Literally, it freezes and I have to restart the ENTIRE application, which is frankly ridiculous that a separate process isn't started like in Firefox.

#6 ShadowLink64

ShadowLink64
  • 16735 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

There is this option. In the program, choose "Web Settings".

#7 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

Aww shit Syaopup got fucking TOLD!

#8 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 09:56 PM

O_o LOL, ok, now I feel like an idiot or not checking thoroughly enough.
I was using the Autoplayers and not AB and didn't realize that AB's the only program in Program Manager that allows that.

#9 Unseen

Unseen
  • Cultist of the Unseeing Eye

• 571 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 12:50 AM

Hey now, at least syao had the insight to ask the question. There's no harm in suggesting something even if it already exists.

#10 IcedEarth

IcedEarth
  • 724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:22 AM

I don't know if this is silly question but if you don't input a user agent, when you log in on abrosia what does it show it as?

#11 Noitidart

Noitidart
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 23214 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:12 AM

O_o LOL, ok, now I feel like an idiot or not checking thoroughly enough.
I was using the Autoplayers and not AB and didn't realize that AB's the only program in Program Manager that allows that.

Thanks for replying nicely. Plus rep.

#12 syaopup

syaopup
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:43 AM

Thanks for replying nicely. Plus rep.

Wow, I didn't expect a plus rep from that, thanks.
I made a blunder, I fess up, no enemies made and everyone's happy, life goes on. :p

#13 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 04:45 AM

Wow, I didn't expect a plus rep from that, thanks.
I made a blunder, I fess up, no enemies made and everyone's happy, life goes on. :p

God, I love our interesting species. I initially repped you because I hated how curtly Slink responded, even though this feature is only an option for Abrosia. Apparently my repping made Noit want to rep you. I'm annoyed at having forgotten what this is called, "mob mentality" doesn't seem quite right. Either way, this was by no means a "blunder" on your part; your question is about enabling custom User-Agent strings in the Program Manager as a whole, not just Abrosia, so I think it's still perfectly valid.

#14 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

Hacks. I swear you posted this last night.

#15 shrouded

shrouded
  • lil'cluck

• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:17 AM

The user agent can also reveal what OS you are running. It would be more suspicious to quickly switch from Chrome/Firefox but also from XP to Win7.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users