Photo

[Puzzle]Negg Journey

• Please log in to reply
423 replies to this topic

#26 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

after a little source digging here's the species <-> name connection and my guess for the knight based on the pic:

Hurok: Acara - Knight
Selvin: Ixi - Wizard
Rutu: Poogle
Voughn: Kau
Ricky: Kiko

(the assumption that hurok is the knight is based on the clothing and that it appears to be holding a spear)

another assumption set: the journal writer won't name himself in the notes and only two are unnamed: ricky and hurok

with hurok as knight (from the looks) it seems that ricky (the kiko) is the one writing the journal

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 13 April 2012 - 02:13 AM.

#27 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:11 AM

I ruled out Selvin taking the Clockwork Negg early on. Entry 2 says:

One thing we've decided is that, to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations.
For instance, the wizard of the team...

I read that as the Wizard being one of the decoys.

it is pretty unclear at this point. one possibility is that the people that are carrying the neggs can change. it was decided that the knight was carrying the clockwork negg, but he only refuse on the 5th day changing the original assignment

#28 Singer

Singer
  • 490 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

http://www.jellyneo....blank_logic.png

Jellyneo gives a table to help.
I don't know anything about the answer

#29 MarvelGirl

MarvelGirl
  • 205 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 03:12 AM

This pet page seems to be a bit helpful.

http://www.neopets.c...SleepyPendragon

#30 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:04 AM

so, here's my solution for now:

Spoiler

therefore:

the clockwork negg is hidden by Ricky in the lost desert
the cloud negg is hidden by Voughn in Altador
the glass negg is hidden by Hurok in Brightvale
the two unnamed neggs are hidden by Selvin and Rutu in Kiko Lake and Shenkuu resp.

if you find some logic flaw somewhere, please let me know in time

Edit: made the part you can submit as solution to the puzzle bold so it's easier to find :p and put the logic to get to the solution in spoiler to improve readability 

Edited by DoNotAnnoyMe, 13 April 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#31 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:12 AM

You still can't solve this puzzle logical!!

I think jellyneo and people in the neoboards jump to conclusion to early.
I love puzzle and I hate making assumptions like "selvin can't cross LD" or "the person who goes to altador and the knight are mentioned in one sentence. so they can't be the same person" or "on that picture blah looks like blahablhablah"

...maybe I'm doing this puzzle too logical? Too logical for a neopets puzzle? ...lol...

#32 Zinkk

Zinkk
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:14 AM

Whatever the answer is, it doesn't hurt to guess since we can change it.
I sort of followed DoNotAnnoyMe's logic and it makes enough sense to me that I submitted Ricky and Lost Desert as my first guess.
Again, no harm in guessing, only benefit in being right faster :D

#33 trizzle

trizzle
  • Deceptive Minx

• 973 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:17 AM

I don't see why the writer has to have the clockwork negg though. Surely one of the other members of the team who was carrying an undefined negg, could have been carrying the clockwork negg?

#34 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:31 AM

Why was this thread created and not just continued on Singer's thread about this same thing? You even said in your first post that she had a thread about this already.

#35 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 04:47 AM

You still can't solve this puzzle logical!!

I think jellyneo and people in the neoboards jump to conclusion to early.
I love puzzle and I hate making assumptions like "selvin can't cross LD" or "the person who goes to altador and the knight are mentioned in one sentence. so they can't be the same person" or "on that picture blah looks like blahablhablah"

...maybe I'm doing this puzzle too logical? Too logical for a neopets puzzle? ...lol...

the point isn't to perfectly solve the puzzle, yet.

however as there's a better prize for having an early correct guess, the aim right now is to make a reasonable assumption what it could be hoping that it'll actually turn out correct.

if you want to chose a different one:

with just the assumptions that selvin goes to KL and hurok is the knight, the following are left:

selvin kiko lake, rutu shenkuu, ricky lost desert, ricky altador

without the assumption that hurok is the knight you additionally get:

hurok lost desert

and without the assumption selving goes to shenkuu, well... it can any of selvin, ricky, hurok in any of kiko lake, lost desert, altador

I don't see why the writer has to have the clockwork negg though. Surely one of the other members of the team who was carrying an undefined negg, could have been carrying the clockwork negg?

it's just an assumption based off "One thing we've decided is that,to throw off those that might seek out the relic, the team's remaining members will be taking different types of Neggs to four other destinations."

assuming here that "remaining members" means all but himself

#36 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:29 AM

after a little source digging here's the species <-> name connection and my guess for the knight based on the pic:

Hurok: Acara - Knight
Selvin: Ixi - Wizard
Rutu: Poogle
Voughn: Kau
Ricky: Kiko

(the assumption that hurok is the knight is based on the clothing and that it appears to be holding a spear)

another assumption set: the journal writer won't name himself in the notes and only two are unnamed: ricky and hurok

with hurok as knight (from the looks) it seems that ricky (the kiko) is the one writing the journal

I was leaning towards the poogle being the knight, since it had what it looked like a chain mail and a sword...

#37 DoNotAnnoyMe

DoNotAnnoyMe
  • 157 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 05:52 AM

I was leaning towards the poogle being the knight, since it had what it looked like a chain mail and a sword...

that wouldn't make sense imo as then rutu would be referred to as rutu and knight in entry 8 then and it just doesn't sound like it'd be the same person.

#38 Jun

Jun
  • 907 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:05 AM

I'll stick to DoNotAnnoyMe's answer since it makes sense. Of course we can't know if it is the right answer but isn't it what makes this event enjoyable? At least for today, we have to go with an answer which makes more sense and cross our fingers.

#39 zandra

zandra
  • 791 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:09 AM

what is the point of linking the pet species to the names? i have tot of that but the journals didnt mention anything about species

#40 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:11 AM

what is the point of linking the pet species to the names? i have tot of that but the journals didnt mention anything about species

Linking the pet with the name is the only way to try to guess their professions with the image.

#41 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 06:47 AM

Most of my reasoning is similar to DoNotAnnoyMe, but I am less sure of Ricky's final destination.

Possible Candidates:
Rutu (Shenkuu), Hurok/Ricky (Altador, Kiko Lake, Lost Desert).

Selvin does not carry the clockwork negg. Entry 2 talks about team members who will be decoys, and says "For instance, the wizard (whose name is Selvin)..." so I believe that rules him out since he is an example of a decoy.

Voughn took the Cloud Negg.

I think we can rule out Rutu in Shenkuu since the clockwork negg's candidate was still being decided later on in the same entry, with the knight refusing to carry it.

Only one of Hurok/Ricky can be the candidate, since one of them is the knight.

Based on the pictures, Ricky the Kiko looks less likely to be the knight. He's also carrying a backpack, which could indicate he's the one writing the journal.

So if Ricky is the writer, and assuming he doesn't refer to himself in the third person, we could perhaps rule out Altador (based on the stargazing clue).

The question then becomes where Selvin goes.

IF Selvin goes to Altador: We have Ricky in Kiko Lake or Lost Desert. However, that depends on whether the "Another" who mentioned stargazing could be Selvin or not. The reason I'm not sure we can rule out Selvin going to Altador is because we see the Ixi (wizard) in the picture carrying what looks like a telescope.

IF Selvin goes to Kiko Lake: We have Ricky in Lost Desert.

I actually went ahead and guessed Ricky in Kiko Lake. It might make sense to have a Kiko more familiar with the area try and hide the negg. What do you guys think?

#42 Progoo3

Progoo3
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:04 AM

I think we need more clues to be absolutely sure..

Just put down a smart guess for now ( I put Ricky at lost desert) and hope we get lucky for the early prize! :)

#43 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:18 AM

So far I have this! :3

Spoiler

Also am I the only one who thinks the knight is the Ixi? :V Considering that Ixis come from Meridell, and Meridell, and that place has been full of knights and the like thanks to plots in the past x3 Not sure what his/her name is though... I think it might be Rutu though! Because this:

Posted Image

EDIT: Wait... Maybe the Ixi isn't Rutu?? Since the Clockwork Negg won't be going to Shenkuu... But there's a chance she won't be going there, she just wants to. Gah idk ;w;

Edited by Turnip, 13 April 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#44 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:26 AM

So far I have this! :3

Spoiler

Also am I the only one who thinks the knight is the Ixi? :V Considering that Ixis come from Meridell, and Meridell, and that place has been full of knights and the like thanks to plots in the past x3 Not sure what his/her name is though... I think it might be Rutu though! Because this:

Posted Image

EDIT: Wait... Maybe the Ixi isn't Rutu?? Since the Clockwork Negg won't be going to Shenkuu... But there's a chance she won't be going there, she just wants to. Gah idk ;w;

There is reason this isn't solvable yet lol. Love your thought process.

#45 lexis

lexis
  • 88 posts

The ixi is the wizard

#46 Graz

Graz
  • 231 posts

I wonder what the prize is if you get all the answers right today.

#47 Mishatu

Mishatu
  • 346 posts

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:27 AM

On the answer page, it offers a face to go with each name on the drop-down list, so we don't have to figure out who has what name.

#48 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:29 AM

I wonder what the prize is if you get all the answers right today.

It's first come first serve. It will be tiered based. Like

1-2
3-10
11-25
26-100
101-500
501-10000
et...

#49 Turnip

Turnip
  • woomy woomy manmenmi!!

• 2511 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 10:36 AM

On the answer page, it offers a face to go with each name on the drop-down list, so we don't have to figure out who has what name.

So it does! :o

┐('~`; )┌
....... Ok I'm sorry but whenever I see the name Rutu, I think of that Rooty character thing from ihop! I sure do hope this is normal :p

Spoiler

Edited by Turnip, 13 April 2012 - 11:59 AM.

#50 Honey

Honey
  • 442 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

I just read the entry about Rutu all other available languages.
In French, German and Chinese Rutu is a girl.

Un membre de l'équipe, Rutu, a l'air plutôt enthousiaste de partir, disant qu'elle a toujours voulu visiter un endroit aussi exotique

...that she always wanted...

Ein Team-Mitglied, Rutu, schien besonders enthusiastisch, sich auf den Weg dorthin zu begeben und sagte, dass es seit jeher einer ihrer größten Träume gewesen sei, dieses exotische Land zu besuchen.

... one of her biggest dreams

她說,自己一直都夢想著拜訪這麼富有異國情趣的地區。

She says,...

她说,自己一直都梦想着拜访这么富有异国情趣的地区。

She says,...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users