• Please log in to reply
174 replies to this topic

#1 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:07 PM

You know what I hate?
When people reply to my post to tell me how funny it was, or clever, or inspiring, without adding anything else to the thread.

I have a class of thirty six-year-olds who fulfill my sycophant quota sufficiently, thanks.
You don't need to do it any more.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above was originally a post in this thread where a couple of people replied to my post without adding anything to the topic.
The first few posts below this one are also from that topic.

I asked for them all to be moved, as I thought it was decidedly unfair for any of this discussion to take place in Junsu's topic.

To elaborate a little:
Sometimes, when I post, people will quote it, and then congratulate me on being witty, entertaining and an all round good guy.
Most often, these posts are from people that I generally don't care two figs about. I have to assume they know this, because I'm not one to hide my opinions about someone, and are therefore making some kind of misguided attempt to ingratiate themselves with me.

It's not going to work. Because, as this thread makes clear, it's really fucking annoying.
I don't post in a topic to have people stroke my ego, I post to have a discussion with somebody, or for my own amusement.
If that excites or arouses you, please restrain the urge to ejaculate on someone elses topic with an irrelevent spurt of irritating praise.

If you really can't hold it in, use the rep button.

But please, please, don't fog up a thread with shit that literally nobody wants to read.

#2 chini

chini
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:15 PM

You know what I hate?
When people reply to my post to tell me how funny it was, or clever, or inspiring, without adding anything else to the thread.

I have a class of thirty six-year-olds who fulfill my sycophant quota sufficiently, thanks.

Someone's bitter.

#3 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:25 PM

Someone's bitter.

What does that even mean? Have you read the thread?
What an utterly ridiculous thing to comment.

Be quiet.

#4 Random

Random
  • 8199 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:54 PM

What does that even mean? Have you read the thread?
What an utterly ridiculous thing to comment.

Be quiet.

Scathing.

#5 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:12 PM

Ed't'd.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Why do you have a class of 36 year olds?

#7 Dazz

Dazz
  • Musicyclopedia

• 3242 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

Gotta learn your multiplication tables at some point. Better late than never right?

#8 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:21 PM

I hyphenated that perfectly clearly, you shit :p

#9 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:25 PM

Doesn't it make you smile even a little teeny tiny bit on the inside to know that you possess such celebrity? I bet if we were a real-life community people would follow you around just to watch you do mundane things and laugh at every little quip you say. Ok I admit that is kind of pathetic.

I wonder how many threads people read that they wouldn't have read otherwise just because you're the last person that posted in it :innocent:

If it's any consolation you're not the only person that is on the receiving end of these types of posts ... Now come to think of it that's not so much a consolation as it is an indicator of the sad quality of some of our members' posts (and/or their ability to think and communicate for themselves).

#10 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

I hyphenated that perfectly clearly, you shit :p

Your hyphenation skills are very impressive.

#11 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:36 PM

POPULAR POST!

I've only been here for a few days, but I've seen many boards where you've commented on something, and to be honest, you aren't that funny or that interesting of a person. Just sayin'

#12 Icey Defeat

Icey Defeat
  • 8298 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:39 PM

My response to this topic:

k

My lengthy response to this topic:

ok

My REALLY length response to this topic:

okay

It's a forum, not a tell each other how you think each topic should go site. If you have a problem with me, PM, don't make a public FORUM about it.

#13 Norava

Norava
  • Pro Can Cran

• 547 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

You know what I hate?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The above was originally a post in this thread where a couple of people replied to my post without adding anything to the topic.
The first few posts below this one are also from that topic.

I asked for them all to be moved, as I thought it was decidedly unfair for any of this discussion to take place in Junsu's topic.

To elaborate a little:
Sometimes, when I post, people will quote it, and then congratulate me on being witty, entertaining and an all round good guy.
Most often, these posts are from people that I generally don't care two figs about. I have to assume they know this, because I'm not one to hide my opinions about someone, and are therefore making some kind of misguided attempt to ingratiate themselves with me.

It's not going to work. Because, as this thread makes clear, it's really fucking annoying.
I don't post in a topic to have people stroke my ego, I post to have a discussion with somebody, or for my own amusement.
If that excites or arouses you, please restrain the urge to ejaculate on someone elses topic with an irrelevent spurt of irritating praise.

If you really can't hold it in, use the rep button.

But please, please, don't fog up a thread with shit that literally nobody wants to read.

You're so witty, entertaining, and an all around good guy...

Edited by SirBaggy, 25 April 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#14 Silky

Silky
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 02:58 PM

Everyone likes there ego stroked occasionally, but if you stroke ones ego too much it becomes sore and wore out. I see a lot of people doing it in an attempt to bump up their post counts thinking that they are "contributing", but I hate when someone quotes something I've said and puts "This" more than when they tell me they liked my post (I still don't like that either)

Edited by Silky, 25 April 2012 - 02:58 PM.

#15 Guest_Kate_*

Guest_Kate_*

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:20 PM

I honestly don't see what's so special about you. You're a man behind a computer. Wow. /mindblown

I don't mean that to offend, and I'm sure it won't since it bothers you when people put their head up your ass anyways.
But there you go, not everyone is an obsessive follower :)

#16 Junsu

Junsu
  • 1566 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:29 PM

So flattery wont get me anywhere? Posted Image

#17 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:27 PM

I've only been here for a few days, but I've seen many boards where you've commented on something, and to be honest, you aren't that funny or that interesting of a person. Just sayin'

I don't disagree.

Doesn't it make you smile even a little teeny tiny bit on the inside to know that you possess such celebrity? I bet if we were a real-life community people would follow you around just to watch you do mundane things and laugh at every little quip you say. Ok I admit that is kind of pathetic.

I have friends who have that kind of celebrity whenever there is a youtube event. It's extremely tiresome. You have no idea.

#18 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:47 PM

I still maintain the fact you look incredibly similar to James May.

Except he is more funny.

Also, when did you become a glorified babysitter primary school teacher?

#19 Inkheart

Inkheart
  • 268 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 09:50 PM

I don't disagree.

Yes, you do. Those who know they are shit at something tend to shy away from doing it. You, however, consistently attempt to inject your (admittedly swoon-worthy) dark humor into practically every thread you visit. I won't belabor the point with detail, primarily because I envision an argumentative conversation between us ending in something akin to a stalemate while still making you appear the victor, but I firmly believe this post to be masturbatory; surely somebody as sharp as you are would know that this thread would only draw attention to the "problem", rather than ameliorating it in any way whatsoever.

#20 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 06:32 AM

I have friends who have that kind of celebrity whenever there is a youtube event. It's extremely tiresome. You have no idea.

I was just thinking about fame yesterday, and how I could never be a celebrity. People are always wanting to be your friend and wanting to touch you and take pictures of you. *shudder*I guess that's the price you pay for fame and fortune. I think it's always nice when a famous person is gracious and tries to appease their fans, but if it were me, I'd take their money and go into hiding and seem like the most ungrateful asshole to ever have walked the planet.

Yes, you do.

Well, of course he knows he's hilariously clever. But the point is, his amazingness shouldn't distract from the topic of a thread. It's almost as annoying as when a poster's stupidity derails a subject. If you're going to comment about how great or how sucky someone is, make the comment, "I LOVE YOU MISTAH J YOU MAKE-A ME LAUGH!!" but also address the original topic. "I am also annoyed! *shakes fist*"

It reminds me of when there is a topic like, "Post your pet!" and people just go in and post their stupid dog without saying anything about the animals posted before them. How do you expect to have a conversation when you don't engage other people? At least post a story about your stupid dog. Any thread where someone takes a test and just posts the results without further comment... is anyone actually interested? I mean really.
Also: when people say, "I haven't read all the posts to this point, but...". But... hey. You know what? Fuck you. If you had no interest in what others were saying, why should anyone give a shit about what YOU have to say?

#21 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 08:39 AM

Also, when did you become a glorified babysitter primary school teacher?

I'm on my final training placement right now.

Surely somebody as sharp as you are would know that this thread would only draw attention to the "problem", rather than ameliorating it in any way whatsoever.

If I'm honest, I don't believe you can ameliorate a problem without drawing attention to it in some way or another. But you're right, I did think this would draw attention to the issue.

(And yes, I think I'm funny. I don't think I'm particularly funnier than any of a number of other funny people here, though.)

#22 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:34 AM

Why primary school though?

#23 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:53 AM

Why primary school though?

It's fun.

#24 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:54 AM

It's fun.

And you get paid a decent wage for difficult work like finger painting and playing in the sand pit? :p I guess there's also the additional benefit of having a lower chance of being stabbed compared with a secondary school.

#25 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:58 AM

And you get paid a decent wage for difficult work like finger painting and playing in the sand pit? :p I guess there's also the additional benefit of having a lower chance of being stabbed compared with a secondary school.

Not really.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users