• 1250 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

Definitely not legit.

#52 Silverkiwi

Silverkiwi
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

When people on the PC with UC Royals/Plushies/Draiks/Krawk believe they are far superior to people without and think those pets give them the right to be rude to people. Also people on the PC being blantly rude to underoffers when there are a lot of people who do know values or that pet is their dream pet and they feel like they might as well just try. Its not hard to just say Nty and glt. :)

OH! and when people make board signatures that look like this:
(crappy example btw)

Hi there! lala
(their actual words here)
Bye now!

Because i always think the writting before is what they're trying to say and its really retarded x.x

Edited by Silverkiwi, 12 June 2012 - 08:13 PM.

#53 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

I know the feeling, I try to stay away from the PC myself, because when I was trying to trade my UC grey for another UC grey whose species I liked more, I only got offered rubbish, low tier ucs, and bn ones, while the ones who had the one I wanted UFT said "nty cause my otb is a royal, or a plushie"... I wanted one so badly i was aiming even for a DN one, being mine VWN. Its been a year since then and I still see the same persons opening the same thread of the same pet uft and saying that otb is plushie or royal lol

It would seem that you are probably on the PC just as often as I am, hence, your complete understanding of what I mean. xD
I totally understand what you're saying. The only objective these days seems to be trading up. No one seems to be interested in a fair offer. Sometimes when you give an over-offer, the trader still won't accept, but rather, they hold your offer as an OTB, still seeking even better! Ugh, such children.
And it serves that person right to still be trying to scrape together a trade. If they want to lie about their OTBs in hopes of getting something way out of their league, then fine, may they suffer in silence! :lol2:

When people on the PC with UC Royals/Plushies/Draiks/Krawk believe they are far superior to people without and think those pets give them the right to be rude to people. Also people on the PC being blantly rude to underoffers when there are a lot of people who do know values or that pet is their dream pet and they feel like they might as well just try. Its not hard to just say Nty and glt. :)

OH! and when people make board signatures that look like this:
(crappy example btw)

Hi there! lala
(their actual words here)
Bye now!

Because i always think the writting before is what they're trying to say and its really retarded x.x

Ah, the "Superiors". I could definitely do without them. >.< There is one in particular that comes to my mind... she runs around with an UC Mara Krawk and is blatantly rude. I just want to punch her face when I see her post. She is one of those people that will make fun of anyone for absolutely anything... it's like, she doesn't understand the concept of people being NEW to the PC? :o Oh my.

#54 Silverkiwi

Silverkiwi
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

No one seems to be interested in a fair offer. Sometimes when you give an over-offer, the trader still won't accept, but rather, they hold your offer as an OTB, still seeking even better! Ugh, such children.
--
^^^ this!
Omg i hate how if you offer completely fair, people still reject. its like. dude your pet is BNed my pet is BNed too but hes higher tier, why are you rejecting??

#55 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

OTB... that is my real gear grinder. I absolutely hate the term.

Whenever I am actually taking the time to sell some high end item, Monoceraptor Claw for example, I'll make a thread. Other BDers from the BC will neomail me, "What's your OTB on your MC?"

If I say I don't have an OTB they respond with, "Oh, well when you have one let me know."

If I was looking to drag out the fucking sale I wouldn't say Quickselling Monoceraptor Claw. :doh:

#56 chicagolove

chicagolove
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:44 PM

What really annoys me is the new traders in the NCC

Who have probably spent $40 and uptraded their way to HUGE wanted items, while I've spent over $2,500 in NC :mellow:

#57 Silverkiwi

Silverkiwi
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:44 PM

What really annoys me is the new traders in the NCC

Who have probably spent $40 and uptraded their way to HUGE wanted items, while I've spent over $2,500 in NC :mellow:

o____o ... dats a lot

#58 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:24 AM

This is a marketing trick. By offering first, you're essentially bidding against yourself, ensuring whatever you pay will be higher than what you would have to otherwise. A smart buyer will never offer first, its just stupid.

I know that it has foundation in the real world but it is still stupid in my opinion when it gets twisted into something that seems forced. I have traded with people, even here on Codex, who take this too far, forcing the buyer to be the first to say a number so they as the seller will have the upper hand. It is rampant on the TP as well. "Wishlist: NM me OFFERS ~ Mails without offers will be ignored and blocked! Don't ask what I want just offer." WTF? Contrary to what a lot of sellers think it is not actually that big of a deal if you just tell people what you want. What if their asking price ends up being lower than I intended to pay in the first place? Then I can offer full price and still feel like I have succeeded in getting a deal.

#59 Iterative

Iterative
  • 184 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:37 AM

The ones I hate the most are the people who ask for offers, and then don't respond. I'm not a reseller. If I'm buying something, it's to use, and I often don't have much to go on in terms of price if there's nothing available in item databases or elsewhere on the TP. If you just tell me how much you want for it, I'll decide if I can afford it! Yeesh.

#60 sprockets

sprockets
  • DonJonatino

• 759 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:29 AM

It is rampant on the TP as well. "Wishlist: NM me OFFERS ~ Mails without offers will be ignored and blocked! Don't ask what I want just offer." WTF?

I hate this, How am I supposed to know how much to price my own for if I can't find any prices of what other people are selling it for / have sold in the past?

#61 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:15 AM

I've never really been pissed off because of someone on Neopets before.

There is though this one time when I was selling a Pirate Draik Egg on the TP and specifically wrote "Neomail offers / to haggle. Do not offer here.". Amazingly, some retard offered 5,000 NPs + some cheap toys on my trade lot. I immediately declined. He then went on to Neomail me telling me that he is willing to offer 6,000 NPs instead. -.-

I hate people like that. Retards.

#62 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

What if their asking price ends up being lower than I intended to pay in the first place? Then I can offer full price and still feel like I have succeeded in getting a deal.

That is exactly why they don't give a price. Because they want to see if people will offer more than they were hoping to get.

#63 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

That is exactly why they don't give a price. Because they want to see if people will offer more than they were hoping to get.

But see then there is a catch-22

You're not allowed to say what you are willing to pay first because the person selling will undoubtedly want more
You're not allowed to say what you are willing to sell for first because the person buying will undoubtedly want to pay less

I don't understand why people have to be so horribly serious about this or think there are strict rules to follow. Someone asks what you want for an item, you understand that they will probably offer less than what you say, so you inflate your price a little bit. If you're lucky they'll just say "OK where 2 send my dosh pls" and you'll get even more than you wanted. Does no one on this earth haggle anymore??

#64 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

I do, but a lot of the time I've found myself getting blocked or just ignored when I try to :/

When I'm selling I generally name a price just a bit above what I'm hoping to get, and buying I name just a bit below what I'm looking to pay. And then I hope the other person isn't an idiot who gets offended by that kind of thing.

Edit: That reminds me of something else that annoys me. When people offer HTS items as if they're ETS items.

Edited by Senrath, 13 June 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#65 ch33psh33p

ch33psh33p
  • 249 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

But see then there is a catch-22

You're not allowed to say what you are willing to pay first because the person selling will undoubtedly want more
You're not allowed to say what you are willing to sell for first because the person buying will undoubtedly want to pay less

I don't understand why people have to be so horribly serious about this or think there are strict rules to follow. Someone asks what you want for an item, you understand that they will probably offer less than what you say, so you inflate your price a little bit. If you're lucky they'll just say "OK where 2 send my dosh pls" and you'll get even more than you wanted. Does no one on this earth haggle anymore??

Can I have your dosh pls.

#66 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Can I have your dosh pls.

Only if I get yours too :ninja3:

#67 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Only if I get yours too :ninja3:

Ninja love! (Also sounds super wrong)

#68 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

I used to get annoyed by people offering stupid amounts on my lots...until I stopped to their level. Every now and then I go over to the trading post and offer 20k on a krawk morphing potion.

#69 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:06 AM

I used to get annoyed by people offering stupid amounts on my lots...until I stopped to their level. Every now and then I go over to the trading post and offer 20k on a krawk morphing potion.

Just for shits and giggles or?

#70 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Idiots that only read the fucking title of the board, or disregard the first post.

You must be on the PC.
Well, actually, I've seen other boards have the problem of idiots jumping the gun and not reading, but I feel like I see it in the PC the most often.

#71 blue

blue
  • doge

• 2048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:27 PM

You must be on the PC.
Well, actually, I've seen other boards have the problem of idiots jumping the gun and not reading, but I feel like I see it in the PC the most often.

Happens a lot in the NC chat too.... *sigh*

#72 Galadriel

Galadriel
  • Creature of the Night

• 924 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

Just for shits and giggles or?

For shits and giggles. Why else?

#73 CharmingMarshmallows

CharmingMarshmallows
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

When people get hypersensitive about people they meet on Neo

#74 Marsha

Marsha
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

Happens a lot in the NC chat too.... *sigh*

Ah, yeah, I would have to agree with you there. I am mostly a lurker there, but I have seen it plenty of times. So many issues and hurt feelings could be avoided. *nods*

For shits and giggles. Why else?

I see, then it all makes sense.
You ever get any angry messages when you do that? :lol2:

When people get hypersensitive about people they meet on Neo

Like super friendly or what exactly?

#75 SilverFox

SilverFox
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:46 PM

Well...it's true...

It is, but if TNT doesn’t cater to its users and provide them with decent customer service, people aren’t going to want to continue to use the site. And the user count is dropping everyday.
I should’ve explained what the argument was, that was a little vague on my part. Someone was talking about Neo's poor customer service and the PC got up in the grill and complained about them complaining.

Complaining about people complaining: A popular neoboardian sport.

Edited by SilverFox, 14 June 2012 - 06:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users