• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Pyro699

Pyro699
  • 1543 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Hello everyone,

I've got a bunch of updates today and one of them is a feature that everyone has been asking about for quite some time so im excited to announce that. So lets begin :)

Advertising on Neocodex
After reading some of the posts in this thread we have decided to allow users to advertise their website or services on neocodex. You can now select a region of advertising space on Neocodex and purchase a select number of impressions for your website. The price is $1 CPM (cost per thousand impressions). Each advertising package gets you 10,000 impressions of your ad (your add will be shown a total of 50,000 times before it runs out). You can buy as many as you need. If you wish to view our approximate page views and other information about what kind of traffic we receive, take a look at our quantcast statistics. These advertising packages can be purchased in our store, located here.

Gifting Subscriptions
Many of our members trade on the trading post, offer artistic services, etc. Some of these members like to be repaid by getting an advanced membership subscription. As it stood before, you would first have to make a payment to our paypal email address, wait for one of us to be around and then transfer the subscription over. We now have a system setup that will allow all of this to be much simpler. To purchase a membership for someone else:
  • First find out how much each of the memberships (1 Month (5.00$), 3 Months (14.25$), 6 Months (27.00$)) and pick the one you are going to send
  • Open up the store and select Buy Gift Voucher
  • Once there select the "other" amount and enter in the custom amount
  • Check off the option to have it emailed and enter the email address of the user you are buying the subscription for. This email will contain a gift voucher code. You can also enter your own email if you want to send over the code on your own. However you do it, it is the code that is important.
  • After all of the other information is filled out, finalize your purchase and check your email for the code that you will recieve.
  • Use the code by selecting Redeem Gift Voucher in the store.
Pay by NP
Many of our members don't have PayPal accounts or just have so much NP that they would rather purchase advanced membership through their Neopoints. We have now enabled a workaround for members like this. You can now PM Ivysaur (formerly Pikachuu) with your request. Ivysaur will accept your NP and purchase a gift voucher for you which you can use to set up advanced membership for yourself.

If anyone else would like to help us out by accepting NP in return for purchasing advanced for users, please let me know and I will add you to the list on the description of the advanced membership packages.

Credit cards now accepted in the store
We have a new payment gateway for those of you who want to pay through a credit card. When checking out in the store, use the "credit / debit card" option to pay with a credit or debit card. You do not need a paypal account. We use Stripe as our payment gateway backend. Your credit card details are never sent or stored on our server (we only receive a unique token that looks like 3b7d0b861e28330193f125ea162fa4c3 to uniquely identify each user). You can read more about how Stripe works on their site if you haven't heard of them before.

If you have any questions of concerns feel free to bring them up and we will try to answer them the best we can

~Cody Woolaver
Neocodex Administrator

#2 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Neat stuff. I hope to have something I can use the advertising for within the near future.

#3 Neoquest

Neoquest
  • 1760 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

Woo! Cool updates! I never thought that advanced for NP would be available, but here it is!

#4 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Great job as always Pyro :)

#5 WMGTea

WMGTea
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:37 PM

Just curious because I don't see it (or maybe cause I'm blind) but how much NP would it be to purchase an Adv. Membership?

#6 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

Just curious because I don't see it (or maybe cause I'm blind) but how much NP would it be to purchase an Adv. Membership?

You aren't blind :). We haven't put that up on the description yet. At the moment, if you PM pikachuu, he will tell you. Once we set a rate, we'll post it :).

#7 WMGTea

WMGTea
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

You aren't blind :). We haven't put that up on the description yet. At the moment, if you PM pikachuu, he will tell you. Once we set a rate, we'll post it :).

Haha okay, good to know. Thanks :)

#8 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

GENIUS.

But couldn't a member just use Paypal and click the "Don't have a Paypal account?" button to pay by credit / debit card? :o

#9 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

GENIUS.

But couldn't a member just use Paypal and click the "Don't have a Paypal account?" button to pay by credit / debit card? :o

Yes, you can do that too :p. Some people do do that :p. This is just another option to pay in case you don't like Paypal or don't want to leave the site :p.

Furthermore, some members like Kiwi have prepaid credit cards that don't work on Paypal. They can use the new credit card option to pay with those cards directly on the site.

#10 McAwesome

McAwesome
  • 1% Awesome

• 284 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:52 PM

Yes, you can do that too :p. Some people do do that :p. This is just another option to pay in case you don't like Paypal or don't want to leave the site :p.

Furthermore, some members like Kiwi have prepaid credit cards that don't work on Paypal. They can use the new credit card option to pay with those cards directly on the site.

Oh. I see. Thanks for clearing that up. :D

Now, time to renew my membership via NPs. :)

#11 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

It's difficult to have a set rate because the rate fluctuation quite a lot.

#12 Mew

Mew
  • 626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:40 AM

Thanks for all the work you guys are putting in to this site even more epic :D

#13 Shwag

Shwag
  • 274 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:04 AM

The voucher purchase option is not functioning at the moment.

No matter which option I select it tells me to select a gift voucher amount.

Not sure what the issue is here.

Posted Image

#14 Senrath

Senrath
  • 305 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:05 AM

Even if you select the "other" amount?

#15 Shwag

Shwag
  • 274 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 06:06 AM

Yeah, I tried using "Other" and inputting "5" and "5.00" Still doesn't work

#16 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

Yeah, I tried using "Other" and inputting "5" and "5.00" Still doesn't work

This does seem to be an issue. I have contacted IPS support for more help regarding the problem. For now, please check your PMs for information on how to proceed :).

#17 KaibaSama

KaibaSama
  • Weeaboo

• 5640 posts

Users Awards

Posted 19 June 2012 - 12:06 PM

This is great! I'll enjoy the pay by NP option, maybe I'll use it when I have to renew my advanced. Like the idea of gifting advanced as well.

#18 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

This does seem to be an issue. I have contacted IPS support for more help regarding the problem. For now, please check your PMs for information on how to proceed :).

Gift vouchers are now working again. Apparently there was a bug in IP.Nexus (our store software). The software got confused when multiple options were given to users so we have just made it so the person buying the gift voucher has to enter the price exactly every time. We'll probably keep it that way for now, until the next version of IP.Nexus comes out and the issue is fixed.

tl;dr: gift vouchers are working again.

#19 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:17 PM

Gift vouchers are now working again. Apparently there was a bug in IP.Nexus (our store software). The software got confused when multiple options were given to users so we have just made it so the person buying the gift voucher has to enter the price exactly every time. We'll probably keep it that way for now, until the next version of IP.Nexus comes out and the issue is fixed.

tl;dr: gift vouchers are working again.

Things are bad when a tl;dr is required for a two line post.

#20 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:51 PM

Things are bad when a tl;dr is required for a two line post.

Pretty soon we'll need tl';drs for tweets :(.

#21 Hawk

Hawk
  • hawk·ish·ly

• 9688 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 07:33 PM

Things have really changed. :(

#22 Kenderson

Kenderson
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:10 PM

Yay, this is fantastic! ^^ Paying by NPs is an excellent idea.

#23 iargue

iargue
  • 10048 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 June 2012 - 09:55 PM

Pretty soon tl;dr will be too long :(

#24 Kyle

Kyle
  • Legit.

• 2082 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2012 - 12:21 PM

I hope this isn't set super low, because it will essentially limit the price of NP.

#25 Hydrogen

Hydrogen
  • Neocodex Co-Founder

• 22213 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

I hope this isn't set super low, because it will essentially limit the price of NP.

I believe each reseller has his own price but the going rate is around 4 million NP to 4.5 million NP for advanced membership, I believe. They can correct me if I'm wrong :p.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users