Restock trends in item database suggestion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:06 AM

I don't know about other people, but I like to study trends. With that said, I would personally like to see item database restock trends. My favorite part of neocodex is the item database, I like looking into what shops I can AB in but I feel as if the "Last Restocked at ---" option doesn't tell me as much as I would like it to. For example:

When I study some trends in popular stores such as magic, I know that the "Last Restocked at --" is an accurate depiction of when the last draik morphing potion stocked b/c the shop is popular. How about the unpopular shops? The reason I bring this up is that lots of shops have not had their most expensive restock item stock in what looks to be a year. I know this isn't a good reflection on the actual stock however b/c most of these shops are not popular and hence legitimate players may have walked in on them and stocked them.

Is there any way to make the item database track trends for lets say advance members? This way, advance members have a slight advantage in the Item database when trying to find the best stores to go into. For example, Fire Draik morphing potions stocked on ---,----,---- day. And it will list them either on some sort of calendar date. I think it would help me figure out when something may be coming up for RS so I can focus that time span on RS there. I tend to have gut feelings when a store has not stocked something in a month or two that it may very well be coming up for RS but when it comes to something that apparently hasnt stocked in a year, I have no clue if I should be spending my time in the shop or not.

#2 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:18 AM

We have actually been collecting more extensive restock information for a few months now which we're looking to do something with in the future. ;) We welcome any suggestions on what to do with the data with as much detail as possible (drawings would be nice too :p).

We haven't looked at the data in much detail yet, the only thing we've really done is to use it to confirm that restocks occur much less frequently on certain times of the day (though we already knew this from the Neotracker data):

Posted Image

#3 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:33 AM

We have actually been collecting more extensive restock information for a few months now which we're looking to do something with in the future. ;) We welcome any suggestions on what to do with the data with as much detail as possible (drawings would be nice too :p).

We haven't looked at the data in much detail yet, the only thing we've really done is to use it to confirm that restocks occur much less frequently on certain times of the day (though we already knew this from the Neotracker data):

Posted Image

Any chance you're collecting quantity of items already stocked along with this data? I would expect fewer people on at certain times which would mean more items already in the shop which, as the story goes, would mean fewer new items per restock.

#4 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:40 AM

Any chance you're collecting quantity of items already stocked along with this data? I would expect fewer people on at certain times which would mean more items already in the shop which, as the story goes, would mean fewer new items per restock.

I think SL set up the tracking system so you'll have to ask him for more details on it.

#5 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:51 AM

Im also interested in trends in exact items that RS,

For example, I printed out a calendar and marked all the dates that something above 10m was stocked in stamps. I noticed that not enough data is conclusive for me to draw the frequency of restocks. If i look into magic, there's a different rate. Stamps as per June 2012, has approximately 2 items above 10mil stocking every week. However on a comparative basis I have no data to compare it to. May 2012 data is nowhere to be found and future data skews the data for June. Perhaps its 3 items per week. It would be nice to have something where I can understand the trends and figure out which shop I might want to spend time into. I studied August of 2012 in stamps and only 2 stamps up to today. Im sure theres some randomness to it but Ive been studying trends mostly and I can guess approximately in a 2 week range when a really big item may be RSed.

I think it may be important to put this data in not to be spoon feed with where to RS but to give us a better idea since neo has countered AB with restock bans that last 24 hours with only 4-6 hours in a shop. I think its pretty ridiculous that even with 3 computers RS, I still find myself RS banned for large portions of the day. A

Edited by cellarbro, 20 August 2012 - 07:56 AM.

#6 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

Im also interested in trends in exact items that RS,

For example, I printed out a calendar and marked all the dates that something above 10m was stocked in stamps. I noticed that not enough data is conclusive for me to draw the frequency of restocks. If i look into magic, there's a different rate. Stamps as per June 2012, has approximately 2 items above 10mil stocking every week. However on a comparative basis I have no data to compare it to. May 2012 data is nowhere to be found and future data skews the data for June. Perhaps its 3 items per week. It would be nice to have something where I can understand the trends and figure out which shop I might want to spend time into.

For all we know there might not be proper trends at all. :p It might all be random, like rarity 99 items have a 1% chance of restocking in each restock while rarity 40 items have a 60% chance or something.

#7 Cript

Cript
  • 1940 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:58 AM

For all we know there might not be proper trends at all. :p It might all be random, like rarity 99 items have a 1% chance of restocking in each restock while rarity 40 items have a 60% chance or something.

Certainly how it's supposed to work but no doubt in my mind that not every r99 has the same chance to restock.

#8 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Certainly how it's supposed to work but no doubt in my mind that not every r99 has the same chance to restock.

Yeah, I was just using that as an illustration of how we really have no idea how restocks work. :p We need a mole really. xD

#9 cellarbro

cellarbro
  • 145 posts

Users Awards

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

I had one experience where i knew the next thing to restock was large black collectible scarab. I saw a trend in rarity 99 and 98s stocking once a week. I spent about 2-3 days in the shop and surely it stocked as rxpected. Their may be randomness but some sort of trend i believe still exist

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users