• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#51 redlion

redlion
  • I don't exist!

• 12072 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

Every four months/three times a year would be easy to maintain. It doesn't seem like it will be a very big deal if they're conducted any more frequently than that.

Yup. I think we did it every four months one year with the shields. Couple iterations over the years.

There should be a public voting thread. That's the fun of it because you can see the reason (if people choose to post one) for each person winning. Funny stories come out.

#52 Josh

Josh
  • 318 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Would be awesome to have badges again. I know I won best programmer at least once, but I don't think there was a badge for it because I can't find it anywhere. Maybe some other ancient member might have some stored somewhere?

#53 Maeghan

Maeghan
  • 253 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:26 PM

Why don't we take nominations for like 3 days. And then take the top 5 people nominated for each category and put them in a public poll and let people vote for like 5 days?

#54 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Do you think everyone will still remember this in 2 weeks?

What are we talking about again?

#55 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 05:45 PM

Someone alert Notidart. He's been bitching about having the Codies again FOREVER.

#56 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

Sent my nominations in :)

#57 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:32 PM

If Snoop Jesus doesn't win best signature he's going to be quite upset.

#58 Strategist

Strategist
  • Sadmin

• 10012 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

If Snoop Jesus doesn't win best signature he's going to be quite upset.

Snoop LION (get it right....) :p (had to lol when I heard he'd changed his name)

#59 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

He's only Snoop Lion when he has on his token Rasta hat. When he's dancing at the last supper he's SNOOP JESUS:

#60 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

lol my mom saw your signature once as she was walking by and she yelled "SACRILEGE!"
I mean, it's alright, I guess.. but...
Posted Image

#61 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 05:25 AM

Because I don't believe in white jesus, only snoop jesus.

#62 Yung

Yung
  • Codexian

• 3361 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

The Codies sound like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to voting. I may make some nominations as well.

As far as believing in Jesus, this is a recurring theme I've been seeing. I thought that Christians were monotheistic but since they believe in the Holy Trinity doesn't that mean that they are polytheistic? Especially since usually they pray to Jesus instead of God? I mean yeah I know that they argue that they are all the same deity but that being said, many religions that are openly polytheistic say that despite having all their respective deities they are still ultimately the same deity.

#63 8143FF763271

8143FF763271
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:08 AM

The Codies sound like a lot of fun, I'm looking forward to voting. I may make some nominations as well.

As far as believing in Jesus, this is a recurring theme I've been seeing. I thought that Christians were monotheistic but since they believe in the Holy Trinity doesn't that mean that they are polytheistic? Especially since usually they pray to Jesus instead of God? I mean yeah I know that they argue that they are all the same deity but that being said, many religions that are openly polytheistic say that despite having all their respective deities they are still ultimately the same deity.

You should make a thread about it since it's an interesting topic and I know the answer. ;)

#64 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

NO ONE here is talking about that. No one.

#65 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

This thread is about the Codies, not Jesus! *stamps feet*

#66 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:18 AM

I voted for Jesus for every category.

#67 Guest_coltom_*

Guest_coltom_*

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:27 AM

If I were to vote, if I could figure out how, I would vote for PRBM (aka RockerSlick)

#68 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 22 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Copy the list of categories, paste it into a PM, insert your nominees, send to Mishelle.

#69 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm extending the nominations until Sunday to give people more time to send in nominations.

#70 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

AWESOME because I forgot to do this xD

#71 Pilot

Pilot
  • Bees?

• 1074 posts

Users Awards

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:20 PM

Where is the grumpy old man and wooden spoon category? :mellow:

#72 Mishelle

Mishelle
  • Bitch Of The Boards

• 2245 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:03 PM

Do you guys think I should set up voting for all the nominees or should we just keep the people with the most nominations as winners and only vote on the ties?

#73 Drakonid

Drakonid
  • 804 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 12:05 PM

All the nominees.

#74 WharfRat

WharfRat
  • 11157 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Do you guys think I should set up voting for all the nominees or should we just keep the people with the most nominations as winners and only vote on the ties?

Let's vote on the nominees. (Not everyone will spend the time to send in nominations via PM, but most people will take the time to click the vote button if a poll is created.)

#75 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Let's vote on the nominees. (Not everyone will spend the time to send in nominations via PM, but most people will take the time to click the vote button if a poll is created.)

Agreed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users