Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

From peadophiles to anal...

#202 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:27 PM

From peadophiles to anal...

Probably not a great distance there to be honest.

#203 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:29 PM

I personally think peadophiles are fucking immature arseholes.

#204 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

I'm still bewildered at how OK this is to you, @Joe  :huh: ,

If you want to run a "postsecret" where *anything* can be posted, then IMO it should probably be done in a way that guarantees no links to Neocodex.

If you want to run one where you don't permit paedophilic posts then I'm sure "CodexSecret" would be fine. 

I think that's a reasonable enough request, but I suppose must be the crazy one here. ^_^

This isn't the time to be cracking jokes.

#205 Waser Lave

Waser Lave

• 25516 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:30 PM

Have you been saving and working up to that one? :p

#206 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Nah I'm just naturally that witty.

#207 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:37 PM

Doesn't this always just degenerate into silliness incredibly quickly?

If it makes people comfortable to be silly, then who am I to judge? :p

I'm still bewildered at how OK this is to you, @Joe  :huh: ,

If you want to run a "postsecret" where *anything* can be posted, then IMO it should probably be done in a way that guarantees no links to Neocodex.

If you want to run one where you don't permit paedophilic posts then I'm sure "CodexSecret" would be fine. 

I think that's a reasonable enough request, but I suppose must be the crazy one here. ^_^

The point of an anonymous secrets blog is to allow people to get their secrets off their chest. Being selective about what gets posted defeats that purpose utterly.
You are, as far as I am concerned, fabricating an issue where there is none. There was no issue in September 2012, there was no issue the three previous times we've had a CodexSecret, and there's really no problem now.

#208 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:45 PM

If it makes people comfortable to be silly, then who am I to judge? :p

The point of an anonymous secrets blog is to allow people to get their secrets off their chest. Being selective about what gets posted defeats that purpose utterly.
You are, as far as I am concerned, fabricating an issue where there is none. There was no issue in September 2012, there was no issue the three previous times we've had a CodexSecret, and there's really no problem now.

Yes, and I understand your commitment to the cause of it being 'secret', that's very admirable of you.

But the fact of the matter is that I don't think Neocodex the organisation wants to be affiliated with a website where members share their paedophilic confessions. 

I think it's up to those with a stake in the organisation to reply to this and make a decision as to whether this is something they want to allow or not.

#209 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 01:48 PM

Yes, and I understand your commitment to the cause of it being 'secret', that's very admirable of you.

But the fact of the matter is that I don't think Neocodex the organisation wants to be affiliated with a website where members share their paedophilic confessions. 

I think it's up to those with a stake in the organisation to reply to this and make a decision as to whether this is something they want to allow or not.

I think the fact that the topic and blog have existed for over a year with no such concerns raised by "those with a stake in the organisation" speaks for itself.

#210 Romy

Romy
  • Neocodex Elite Four Member

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:11 PM

My only concern about this is that blog owners can see the IP addresses of people that submit anonymous posts to Tumblr.

Since @Sweeney is a mod now, doesn't that mean that he can view the IP addresses of users on here?

All he'd have to do is compare the IPs and he could easily find out who made what posts.

*poof*

#211 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:14 PM

My only concern about this is that blog owners can see the IP addresses of people that submit anonymous posts to Tumblr.
Since @Sweeney is a mod now, doesn't that mean that he can view the IP addresses of users on here?
All he'd have to do is compare the IPs and he could easily find out who made what posts.

*poof*

He was a moderator the last time he ran the blog, too.

And he doesn't have the thingie turned on that tracks the IPs, to my knowledge.

#212 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:18 PM

He was a moderator the last time he ran the blog, too.

And he doesn't have the thingie turned on that tracks the IPs, to my knowledge.

You can use "Inspect Element" or "View Page Source" on Chrome to view them. You don't need the tracker.

I'm just pointing out how it is not 100% anonymous if that is possible.

#213 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:23 PM

You can use "Inspect Element" or "View Page Source" on Chrome to view them. You don't need the tracker.

I'm just pointing out how it is not 100% anonymous if that is possible.

Could anyone not do the same thing, then, and use their knowledge of where everyone lives to determine who was the most likely author? Or can only the blog owner see the IPs?

#214 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

Could anyone not do the same thing, then, and use their knowledge of where everyone lives to determine who was the most likely author? Or can only the blog owner see the IPs?

Only the owner since the "option" used to view the IP is not available to people viewing the blog.

#215 Dan

Dan
  • Resident Know-It-All

• 6382 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:26 PM

EDIT: Answered above.

#216 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

To my knowledge, there are no applications that take anonymous submissions without allowing the account holder to track IPs in some way. It's pretty fundamental to avoid abuse.

However, I think it's pretty clear that there's no need to worry about my trustworthiness. Nobody has been outed as submitting a particular secret, not even vaguely associated with one.

Except for Lee, but that's because he was recognisable in the photo, not because we backtraced his IP :p

#217 Frizzle

Frizzle
  • M'lord

• 16889 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

Plus I'm pretty open about my obsession with PRBM.

#218 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:01 PM

To my knowledge, there are no applications that take anonymous submissions without allowing the account holder to track IPs in some way. It's pretty fundamental to avoid abuse.

However, I think it's pretty clear that there's no need to worry about my trustworthiness. Nobody has been outed as submitting a particular secret, not even vaguely associated with one.

Except for Lee, but that's because he was recognisable in the photo, not because we backtraced his IP :p

I just wanted to make it clear that because you have your powers as a mod and are the person maintaining the blog, that no submissions are 100% guaranteed to be anonymous.

Not to point any fingers, just stating the facts.

#219 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

I just wanted to make it clear that because you have your powers as a mod and are the person maintaining the blog, that no submissions are 100% guaranteed to be anonymous.

Well, I guarantee that submissions are 100% anonymous.

#220 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:11 PM

If it would make you feel more comfortable, I could run the blog.

#221 Ali

Ali
  • Wielder of the Spork

• 3204 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:14 PM

THE TWO OF YOU WILL JUST TEAM UP AND COMBINE YOUR INFORMATION AND NOTHING WILL BE ANONYMOUS!!!!

#222 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:15 PM

THE TWO OF YOU WILL JUST TEAM UP AND COMBINE YOUR INFORMATION AND NOTHING WILL BE ANONYMOUS!!!!

Nah. He's a mod now and I don't get to read anything I'm not supposed to read.

#223 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:17 PM

Pfft. As if I'm going to bow to this ridiculous assult on my integrity.

#224 Romy

Romy

• 4876 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:28 PM

I didn't mean to insult your integrity.

Full disclosure is nice though.

#225 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 May 2014 - 06:32 PM

I didn't mean to insult your integrity.
Full disclosure is nice though.

You know this had all been discussed 18 months ago, right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users