You god damned liar.

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#26 Claws

Claws
  • 217 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

"No, that looks great on you. You should totally get it."

God, this is one of those reasons I shop alone. It's a lot more peaceful. Can't blame the guys that come down with sudden illnesses when shopping is involved.

-

"Hi, I'm from Aiowoiejd and there's a virus on your computer. Are you over 18?"
"Sorry mummy *breath inhale* isn't home right now, bye!"

#27 Hamster

Hamster
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:59 AM

Been sitting here trying to brainstorm any decent lie at all, and I can't think of anything. I don't lie very often, I just lie to be polite in most circumstances. For example, I lie to the faces of drunk people I dislike by telling them I like them when they ask if we are friends. I figure they won't remember in the morning anyways and it gets me out of an awkward situation.

#28 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:07 AM

This is one of my more funny/extreme situations that I've lied....

Okay so.. When I was about 17 I was bored one night on the internet (Uh-oh!)
I then went on to a chat website and made a user (something along the lines of Bunnygirl99 or something youthful sounding)
Then after about half an hour I had some 54 year old man talking to me, when he asked me my age I said "Teehee I'm 13."
He was trying to persuade me to add him on FB/Skype/Anything with a pic or webcam, but I said that my "mommy" wouldn't let give out my email nor did we have a webcam. After some time he eventually said something sexual.

WELL, I then replied with something close to "Oh yeah, well THIS IS THE POLICE WORKING WITH DATELINE NBC, WE HAVE BYPASSED YOUR COMPUTER AND WE HAVE YOUR IP. WE HAVE LOCKED ON TO YOUR CURRENT RESIDENCE, WE ARE ON OUR WAY."

Heh, he disconnected REAL QUICK.
Poor fella probably shat his pantaloons and burnt his computer. :)

Edited by Danika, 03 November 2012 - 05:08 AM.

#29 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:11 AM

*sigh*

#30 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:38 AM

This is one of my more funny/extreme situations that I've lied....

Okay so.. When I was about 17 I was bored one night on the internet (Uh-oh!)
I then went on to a chat website and made a user (something along the lines of Bunnygirl99 or something youthful sounding)
Then after about half an hour I had some 54 year old man talking to me, when he asked me my age I said "Teehee I'm 13."
He was trying to persuade me to add him on FB/Skype/Anything with a pic or webcam, but I said that my "mommy" wouldn't let give out my email nor did we have a webcam. After some time he eventually said something sexual.

WELL, I then replied with something close to "Oh yeah, well THIS IS THE POLICE WORKING WITH DATELINE NBC, WE HAVE BYPASSED YOUR COMPUTER AND WE HAVE YOUR IP. WE HAVE LOCKED ON TO YOUR CURRENT RESIDENCE, WE ARE ON OUR WAY."

Heh, he disconnected REAL QUICK.
Poor fella probably shat his pantaloons and burnt his computer. :)

You think what you did is something to gloat over?

#31 Bazzel

Bazzel
  • 249 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:02 AM

The worst thing/lie Ive ever done was:

My older brother was in a mood one day, came home and punched me straight in the face, Even though I did nothing wrong.
Well he's like 6ft 5 so I stand no chance against him and so I waited till he went back out, called a few friends and was able to get hold of some illegal substances and planted them in my brothers bedroom and then told my dad that I was looking for my ps2 memory card, saw them and when i told Darryl (my brother) what i had found he punch me and told me if I told anyone he would give me 10 times worse :p

Dad not only gave him a beat down for having illegal substances in the house he also gave one for hitting me :p and Then Darryl was forced to join the Army for some dicipline!

Since then though we have been at war.. putting salt in each others coffee's and putting mayonaise in shampoo bottles.. But meh! he hasnt hit me since!

But thats the worse thing ive ever done/lied about..

I usually just tell the truth, People never know if im being serious or not anyways.

#32 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:14 AM

Hilarious.

O_o

#33 luvsmyncis

luvsmyncis
  • I have no friends.

• 6724 posts

Users Awards

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:10 PM

Hilarious.
O_o

The only way it could have been funnier was if Darryl had been killed in combat. *slaps thigh* I love me a good prank!

I only believe half of the lies posted in this thread anyway. I think people are lying about their lying.

#34 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

You think what you did is something to gloat over?

Well, call it what you will.
Seeing as this is a thread about lies and the like, I joined in as it is a story about lying.
I don't think I was gloating, but seeing as you - a moderator and respected 'codexian - saw it that way, then others do to.
So if my story/post upsets or offends, feel free to delete it as you see fit.

#35 Nymh

Nymh
  • Keeper of Secrets

• 4626 posts

Users Awards

Posted 04 November 2012 - 03:05 AM

Well, call it what you will.
Seeing as this is a thread about lies and the like, I joined in as it is a story about lying.
I don't think I was gloating, but seeing as you - a moderator and respected 'codexian - saw it that way, then others do to.
So if my story/post upsets or offends, feel free to delete it as you see fit.

You said that the situation was funny and you smiled about how upset he probably was afterwards. That is gloating.

People don't agree with me just because I am a moderator.

We don't delete anything. However, we don't hide posts that are merely upsetting or minority offensive either. You're not breaking any rules, and I am not in the habit of hiding things that I simply don't like.

I wasn't trying to invite conversation on my right to disagree with what you did, my position as moderator or others' right to agree with me for whatever reason. I was trying to figure out why you seemed proud of what you did, that's all.

#36 Yokai

Yokai
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:29 AM

You said that the situation was funny and you smiled about how upset he probably was afterwards. That is gloating.

People don't agree with me just because I am a moderator.

We don't delete anything. However, we don't hide posts that are merely upsetting or minority offensive either. You're not breaking any rules, and I am not in the habit of hiding things that I simply don't like.

I wasn't trying to invite conversation on my right to disagree with what you did, my position as moderator or others' right to agree with me for whatever reason. I was trying to figure out why you seemed proud of what you did, that's all.

Well I find the whole thing hilarious, but then again I've been told I have a warped sense of humor.
Since this is the internet and sometimes it's hard to convey things, I apologize for how I came across as gloating and prideful for what I did, though I thought that the situation was funny and decided to share. (And I'm sincere about the apology - just to be clear.)

#37 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

omg you met with people online... especially neocodex? Fuck the lie. I want to know what happened. I WANNA KNOW HOW IT FELT.

#38 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 13 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

omg you met with people online... especially neocodex? Fuck the lie. I want to know what happened. I WANNA KNOW HOW IT FELT.

Uh, what?
It's like meeting friends... Y'know, because they're... friends.

#39 Derriere

Derriere
  • The Black Guy

• 686 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:43 PM

no... not really.

#40 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:13 AM

no... not really.

What do you mean "no"? You asked me what it was like... I told you.

#41 Cyo

Cyo
  • Pauly D

• 2561 posts

Users Awards

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:50 PM

My biggest lie is probably the fact that I've been pretending to be fine and okay for the past three years or so. I'm depressed as shit.

#42 Saloura

Saloura
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 04:29 AM

My biggest lie is probably the fact that I've been pretending to be fine and okay for the past three years or so. I'm depressed as shit.

I know how you feel, I've been like that too a few years ago.

#43 ElBastardoVerde

ElBastardoVerde
  • Shitstorm

• 220 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:14 PM

I lied a lot in high school to get out of class. just little stuff, like saying I had diarrhea then going home and going back to bed.

#44 ronrich

ronrich
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:43 AM

"I don't lie."

Lies

#45 Sweeney

Sweeney
  • 1230 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:37 AM

Lies

Yes, that was why he put it in quotation marks...

#46 jinq

jinq
  • 1554 posts

Users Awards

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I got a 100 on a test that I failed :p

#47 koishi

koishi
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

"No I don't play neopets, what are you talking about"

Haha more seriously though it's a knee-jerk reaction whenever my mom calls to ask where I am - I always say I'm at home studying. Or if I choose to deliberately ignore a phone call, it's always "my phone was on silent" or "I was sleeping" :lol2: Not the worst by any means, but it's chronic.

#48 Blippety

Blippety
  • I Want to Lick Adam's Teeth

• 137 posts

Users Awards

Posted 09 December 2012 - 10:06 PM

Well I lied to my family for a year about how I met the people I currently live with/am friends with. I met them all online several years ago. But worst still, I met person 1 on a really lame chat site who introduced me to person 2 on msn and from person 2's Myspace I added person 3 and through person 3 I met all of these people including his best friend person 4.

I now live with person 4's ex-girlfriend. It's not really funny or anything, but I moved to a different state to be with these people. I ended up coming clean about half a year ago and I was surprised by their complete lack of surprise.

I'm also surprised that I'm not dead.

#49 kittycat

kittycat
  • 633 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

"I love you too," pretty bad one to lie about

#50 Besty2012

Besty2012
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Although it wasn't me, I found this to be a historically funny lie by a good friend of mine.

My friend is pretty retarded and attained a 'U' grade in his History GCSE grade, which is unmarkable, or otherwise, fail. When he took his grades home to his parents, and his Mum questioned him, he managed to convince her the U represented 'Unbelievable' grade. Was funnier hearing her brag to the rest of his family, also. Don't think she ever found out.

Edited by Besty2012, 18 December 2012 - 04:07 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users